Father Tissa Balasuriya obituary

Father Tissa Balasuriya obituary

There are 7 comments on the The Guardian story from Mar 6, 2013, titled Father Tissa Balasuriya obituary. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Outspoken Roman Catholic priest and social activist in Sri Lanka who was excommunicated during the papacy of John Paul II Tissa Balasuriya, who has died at the age of 89, was an outspoken Roman Catholic priest and social activist in Sri Lanka who became the only liberation theologian to be excommunicated during the papacy of John Paul II.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

CrimeaRiver

UK

#1 Mar 7, 2013
Sounds like an amazing guy. Why have i never heard of him? I would love to have met and conversed with him

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Doubt you have the intellect or the social skills to hold a conversation with him, although I'm sure you would have done a decent job if he was a poster on this forum
Tamil jackass

Ottawa, Canada

#3 Mar 7, 2013
SirRazikFareed wrote:
Doubt you have the intellect or the social skills to hold a conversation with him, although I'm sure you would have done a decent job if he was a poster on this forum
whats your problem?
CrimeaRiver

UK

#4 Mar 11, 2013
SirRazikFareed wrote:
Thanks for that. Next time you have an opinion, write it on a postcard, take it to the post office, and then kill yourself.
Sekvam

Tamm, Germany

#5 Mar 11, 2013
Let him to attend "Nibbana"(Nirvana).

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 11, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that. Next time you have an opinion, write it on a postcard, take it to the post office, and then kill yourself.
Why a post office? Why not your acchi's hut in Modagamay?
CrimeaRiver

UK

#7 Mar 12, 2013
SirRazikFareed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why a post office? Why not your acchi's hut in Modagamay?
lol - the location is unimportant. Its the killing yourself element that is crucial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 min Brian_G 13,325
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 29 min Shamma 251,259
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 42 min LouTheJew 488,135
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 55 min Brian_G 31,377
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min marge 641,784
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 1 hr Belles Echoes 2,137
News Speaking for God 1 hr Vaginal wall failure 594
More from around the web