'Abortion not a right or medical act even after rape' says Archbishop of Mendoza

Sep 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Strong words against abortion came out of a statement signed by the Catholic Archbishop of Mendoza two days ago, declaring "abortion is not a right or medical act even after rape," according to " News.VA, The Vatican Today ." The Catholic Argentinian Archdiocese of Mendoza, reacting to the "Technical guide for the complete cure of non punishable ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Since the a-hole is neither a lawyer nor a doctor, he's speaking WAY out of his field. Imagine if some doctor told him that confirmation wasn't a sacrament.

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

I wonder how valid a translation the word "medical" is.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

The spanish word for "medical" is "medica" or "medico". I don't think there's a lot of room for mistranslation.
Cathoholic wrote:
a voter

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

Cathoholic wrote:
It's as valid as the words ectopic pregnancy, which even though they are deadly to the woman and no baby can result from, ministers and priests still don't approve of b/c it's considered abortive. OR let's take molar pregnancy, a mismatch of chromosomes that forms human tissues but isn't an actual growing embryo or fetus and will never become one but can be highly traumatic for the woman and can result in health risks to her unless medical help is recieved. Or let's look at third world countries where young women are raped and either die or suffer gynecological damage (pelvic floor damage) that causes them to constantly wet themselves which causes them to be outcasts in their society. Many Ob/Gyns volunteer their time and travel to those areas to help correct the damage to those women so they can go on to live a decent life. It's really sad that someone in a losing position would be made to suffer more.

It's really a scary thing when religious figures try to pressure people about medical issues. The medical knowledge just isn't there and their "counsel" can sometimes cost more lives.

If you're Catholic, feel free to listen to this person. However, you can't expect the rest of the world to do the same.

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

a voter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's as valid as the words ectopic pregnancy, which even though they are deadly to the woman and no baby can result from, ministers and priests still don't approve of b/c it's considered abortive.
You are incorrect.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

I certainly don't consider anything a Catholic Archbishop says as being universal to everyone. To me his opinions on the issue are about as relevant as a Chihuahua's.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

The Archbishop of Mendoza along with the pope and the rest of the women hating gang can GFT. When they can have something involuntarily rammed up their backside and become pregnant then maybe they can have a say or even an opinion. Until then they can kindly STFU. My only wish is I could tell them in person.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

a voter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's as valid as the words ectopic pregnancy, which even though they are deadly to the woman and no baby can result from, ministers and priests still don't approve of b/c it's considered abortive. OR let's take molar pregnancy, a mismatch of chromosomes that forms human tissues but isn't an actual growing embryo or fetus and will never become one but can be highly traumatic for the woman and can result in health risks to her unless medical help is recieved. Or let's look at third world countries where young women are raped and either die or suffer gynecological damage (pelvic floor damage) that causes them to constantly wet themselves which causes them to be outcasts in their society. Many Ob/Gyns volunteer their time and travel to those areas to help correct the damage to those women so they can go on to live a decent life. It's really sad that someone in a losing position would be made to suffer more.
It's really a scary thing when religious figures try to pressure people about medical issues. The medical knowledge just isn't there and their "counsel" can sometimes cost more lives.
If you're Catholic, feel free to listen to this person. However, you can't expect the rest of the world to do the same.
They could not care less about any of the circumstances that you mention. They have been looking for new creative ways to persecute women since they stopped burning them at the stake. Now they have their teeth into trapping them with their own bodies and claiming it as the will of the almighty male god. They are nothing but a bunch of sick perverted low lifes.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Cathoholic wrote:
It isn't up to YOU or some idiot Catholic bishop to decide that.

This kind of nonsense is one of the many reasons I kicked the toxic baggage of catholicism to the curb over 20 years ago. I still consider that one of the BEST decisions I ever made.

It's great how much freedom people have when we AREN'T slaves to toxic Catholic Church doctrines. We keep our power to make all of our OWN sexual and reproductive choices, rather than having dictatorial church clerics in dresses making the choices FOR us. And we get our freedom to spend Sundays OUR way too.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
The Archbishop of Mendoza along with the pope and the rest of the women hating gang can GFT. When they can have something involuntarily rammed up their backside and become pregnant then maybe they can have a say or even an opinion. Until then they can kindly STFU. My only wish is I could tell them in person.
Ditto, Morgana. I'd love to tell them that in person as well.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
They could not care less about any of the circumstances that you mention. They have been looking for new creative ways to persecute women since they stopped burning them at the stake. Now they have their teeth into trapping them with their own bodies and claiming it as the will of the almighty male god. They are nothing but a bunch of sick perverted low lifes.
Let's not forget the other evil act of church-based TERRORISM the Catholic Church devised against women, known as the MALLEUS MALEFICARUM. Using the phony scam of claiming many thousands of women were "witches," these women were horribly tortured before making some kind of "confession."

Of course the fanatical Church supporters will either deny it happened at all or try to defend it. Too bad for them that they CAN'T.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto, Morgana. I'd love to tell them that in person as well.
It would be fun to watched the stunned look on their self important face. Might have to get out the old frankincense and myrrh to revive them back to consciousness .:)

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

To be fair, the maleficarum was also used to torture and kill men, children, and animals as well; women did bear the majority of the damage, though.
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget the other evil act of church-based TERRORISM the Catholic Church devised against women, known as the MALLEUS MALEFICARUM. Using the phony scam of claiming many thousands of women were "witches," these women were horribly tortured before making some kind of "confession."
Of course the fanatical Church supporters will either deny it happened at all or try to defend it. Too bad for them that they CAN'T.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

cpeter1313 wrote:
To be fair, the maleficarum was also used to torture and kill men, children, and animals as well; women did bear the majority of the damage, though.
I was unaware of that; thanks for the clarification.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••