Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leade...

Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill

There are 136 comments on the EDGE story from Feb 11, 2013, titled Mormon Church Working With LGBT Leaders on Utah Anti-Discrimination Bill. In it, EDGE reports that:

Officials from the Mormon Church have apparently been working with Utah's LGBT community in order to create a bill that would protect gays from housing and employment discrimination in Utah, Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#68 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then what are you basing "normal" on?
nor·mal [ náwrm'l ]
usual: conforming to the usual standard, type, or custom
healthy: physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy
occurring naturally: maintained or occurring in a natural state

Exiting religious dogma for the moment, the three main groups of sexualality are normal within the animal kingdom: hetero, homo and bi. But it's only the homosexual crowd that uses this fact to justify human homosexuality. I find that ironic, that's all and a bit humorous :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#69 May 8, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently in his world humans are robots or something since we're not supposed to be part of the animal kingdom.
You're obvious prejudicial bias is causing you problems in reading comprehension...just saying...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#70 May 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Love your avatar!
LMAO!
Glad you love it ;)P

It's actually there to see who would notice the relationship between the nickname and avatar.
For the snake it'll be no surprise to sneak on the unsuspecting bird for a meal.
But there's no surprise for the bird when it flies off at the crucial moment to the surprise the snake.

I find the above relative to conversations that take place in Topix.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#71 May 8, 2013
Been in my truck all day. I love that truck. Do you think the libs would have a problem if I decided to marry it? After all, isn't it everyone's right to marry the object of their affection?

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#72 May 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obvious prejudicial bias is causing you problems in reading comprehension...just saying...
Honey, I have no problem with reading comprehension. You, on the other hand, have a clear problem with logical thinking and expressing yourself in English.(You're is a contraction of you are -- your is when you are talking about a possessive, as in your opinion or your thoughts.)

Your difficulty with logic could be due to poor education or perhaps faulty presumptions which underlie your opinions. Anti-gay opinions are the result of one or the other, or both.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#73 May 8, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
Your difficulty with logic could be due to poor education or perhaps faulty presumptions which underlie your opinions. Anti-gay opinions are the result of one or the other, or both.
So what you're saying is, if we don't get on board with the gay agenda, we're ignorant and bigots. Yet, if you don't agree with traditional marriage, you're enlightened and morally superior?

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#74 May 8, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Been in my truck all day. I love that truck. Do you think the libs would have a problem if I decided to marry it? After all, isn't it everyone's right to marry the object of their affection?
as long as it can sign its own name and is over 21 years old

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#75 May 8, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is, if we don't get on board with the gay agenda, we're ignorant and bigots. Yet, if you don't agree with traditional marriage, you're enlightened and morally superior?
That's a good example of a false dichotomy.

People who support marriage equality aren't trying to deny any consenting unmarried unrelated adult heterosexual couple from having a legal marriage. We help our heterosexual friends and relatives celebrate their marriages too!

Those who oppose legal recognition of same-sex marriages have yet to produce anything close to a rational justification for their opinion. When you have an irrational basis for an opinion, what else are we to conclude but that it's got to be based on ignorance?

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#76 May 8, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
as long as it can sign its own name and is over 21 years old
Neither. Doesn't matter though. Love is love. Anybody who would deny marriage between a man and his truck will be declared a bigot and truckophobe!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#77 May 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
nor·mal [ náwrm'l ]
usual: conforming to the usual standard, type, or custom
healthy: physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy
occurring naturally: maintained or occurring in a natural state
Exiting religious dogma for the moment, the three main groups of sexualality are normal within the animal kingdom: hetero, homo and bi. But it's only the homosexual crowd that uses this fact to justify human homosexuality. I find that ironic, that's all and a bit humorous :)
So you are basing it on subjective definitions and nothing objective. You do realize that biology has no "normal," only "typical." That's just part of your problem here, the most typical method of reproduction in the world is asexually, as in, without sexual activity at all. The second largest is bisexual reproduction, the capability to reproduce with any other of the same species, gender is not an issue there. There are many other methods of reproduction, guess which is the least common in the world? Yep, dichotomous gender systems such as ours, especially static dichotomous gender systems. If you want a "normal," then that would be cloning.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#78 May 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you love it ;)P
It's actually there to see who would notice the relationship between the nickname and avatar.
For the snake it'll be no surprise to sneak on the unsuspecting bird for a meal.
But there's no surprise for the bird when it flies off at the crucial moment to the surprise the snake.
I find the above relative to conversations that take place in Topix.
It DOES pretty much mess up the point you were trying to make when you whined about people comparing human behavior to that of animals.

Sorry you missed by sarcasm.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#79 May 8, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. We're saying that "traditional marriage" is the same for heterosexuals as it is for gays and lesbians.

For someone who wants to preserve traditional marriage, your truck isn't a "traditional" spouse (at least in families outside your own).

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#80 May 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
For someone who wants to preserve traditional marriage, your truck isn't a "traditional" spouse (at least in families outside your own).
So you're against me marrying my truck? You're a bigot.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#81 May 8, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Ohhh! that's hot!
Are you the top or the bottom?

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#82 May 8, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
Are you the top or the bottom?
Sorry, not sure what that means.

I'm not hip to all of your homosexual lingo.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#83 May 8, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, not sure what that means.
I'm not hip to all of your homosexual lingo.
Actually, it's BDSM slang, and it comes from the heterosexual crowd. So if you don't know what it means, that means you are also not straight.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#84 May 8, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I have no problem with reading comprehension. You, on the other hand, have a clear problem with logical thinking and expressing yourself in English.(You're is a contraction of you are -- your is when you are talking about a possessive, as in your opinion or your thoughts.)
Your biased prejudiced bigoted prohomosexual attitude is classical and normal for your defensive type thinking.
This reply of yours "Apparently in his world humans are robots or something since we're not supposed to be part of the animal kingdom." was laced with anger and a few other things your character displays.
Your vindictive foul poor victim me attitude allowed you to reinterpret what I wrote for how I never meant it. You did it that way because your a classical angry homosexual who responds with anger.
I will say this again. Try understanding what I write, not what you want it to mean.
Of the three main sexual orientations that exist for humans, heteros, homos and bis, only a select portion of homosexuals feel a need to justify their sexual actions by comparing themselves to the sexual actions of animals. They could justify their sexual actions without a comparison to animals as they once did early on in their fight for equality. Somehow somewhere sometime someone that was prohomosexual decided that comparing the sex life of a homosexual to the sexual actions of animals would help them in their quest for equality, get it? I don't think it's helped a lot.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#85 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are basing it on subjective definitions and nothing objective. You do realize that biology has no "normal," only "typical." That's just part of your problem here, the most typical method of reproduction in the world is asexually, as in, without sexual activity at all. The second largest is bisexual reproduction, the capability to reproduce with any other of the same species, gender is not an issue there. There are many other methods of reproduction, guess which is the least common in the world? Yep, dichotomous gender systems such as ours, especially static dichotomous gender systems. If you want a "normal," then that would be cloning.
Nice of you to get involved with scientific terminology for sexual reproduction.
Unfortunately those prohomosexuals that reference animals to make a comparison to for justification for human homosexual behavior don't fall in the asexual category. Neither the bisexual category for reproduction. The reference has been for specific types of animals that are of the heterosexual classification for reproduction. Like penguins, cows, dogs, some birds, etc. Cell life has never been used as an example to justify homosexual behavior.
Maybe you should stick to the original post I responded to?
"Homosexual behavior is well documented in hundreds if not thousands of species besides humans."

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#86 May 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It DOES pretty much mess up the point you were trying to make when you whined about people comparing human behavior to that of animals.
Sorry you missed by sarcasm.
I got the sarcasm ;)P I just thought I'd explain the relationship of the avatar to the nickname and the discussions people have with me :)

The original post I responded to was the following...

Sneaky Pete wrote:
No, pretty much all of nature is normal. This sexual perversion called homosexuality is pretty much limited to a handful of outspoken human beings. The medical dictionary describes a sexual perversion as being something unusual within a culture, and dudes liking other dudes fits the bill.
You really should educate yourself on a topic before posting like that and embarassing yourself so thoroughly.

Gay and Proud wrote:
Homosexual behavior is well documented in hundreds if not thousands of species besides humans. The book "Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity" by Bruce Bagemihl is a popular summary of the evidence and is available in most public libraries. Go look it up.

Pete made a reference to "human culture" and how those cultures had viewed homosexuality as perverse which is true. Though many cultures are changing that perspective, many more still find homosexuality perverse even if it's done behind 'closed doors' a lot of times by those that object to it.
But it was G&P's response, using animal behavior to show a justification for human sexual behavior I found ironic. Using animal sexual(and said romantic) behavior to justify human homosexual romantic-sexual behavior has never went over well with the opposition and not even well with some of the prohomosexual crowd that doesn't like being compared to animal actions.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#87 May 8, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice of you to get involved with scientific terminology for sexual reproduction.
Unfortunately those prohomosexuals that reference animals to make a comparison to for justification for human homosexual behavior don't fall in the asexual category. Neither the bisexual category for reproduction. The reference has been for specific types of animals that are of the heterosexual classification for reproduction. Like penguins, cows, dogs, some birds, etc. Cell life has never been used as an example to justify homosexual behavior.
Maybe you should stick to the original post I responded to?
"Homosexual behavior is well documented in hundreds if not thousands of species besides humans."
So in other words, you don't care about facts and reality, you just want to make up reasons to hate other humans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 8 min tongangodz 3,821
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 34 min rabbee yehoshooah... 220,433
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 40 min dollarsbill 139
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 45 min rainydaypeople 443,480
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 590,579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 239,358
News Iranian Propagandists in Kosovo 1 hr MKDWOG 4
More from around the web