Doctors not liable for death of Jehov...

Doctors not liable for death of Jehovah's Witness who refused blood transfusion, court rules

There are 127 comments on the MLive.com story from Jan 10, 2014, titled Doctors not liable for death of Jehovah's Witness who refused blood transfusion, court rules. In it, MLive.com reports that:

The Michigan court of Appeals ruled in favor of doctors Friday in the case of a woman who died at St. John Hospital in 2007 after refusing a blood transfusion because she was a Jehovah's Witness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
jace

Hockessin, DE

#1 Jan 10, 2014
This is the sad part about the wt editorial staff and their published material
Persons make life and death decisions

Depending on the year jw would have to choose between even getting the transplant and what fractions were ok or not

Having life and death medical teachings that lead folks to die only to find out in 2 weeks that they were just JOKING

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#2 Jan 10, 2014
jace wrote:
This is the sad part about the wt editorial staff and their published material
Persons make life and death decisions
Depending on the year jw would have to choose between even getting the transplant and what fractions were ok or not
Having life and death medical teachings that lead folks to die only to find out in 2 weeks that they were just JOKING
the evil side of cults, pretending to be spokesmen for God, and not one GB fanatic have ever given one post on how many of their own brothers have lost their lives or been victims or the GB changing stance on their doctines.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#3 Jan 10, 2014
It is too bad that she wasted a perfectly good kidney and refused necessary treatment. I think it's shocking that they dared sue after they got the best care available. If you have the best of anything but you don't do what they say or you have a fatal issue (law or medicine),the best doctors and lawyers can not always save you from the realities.

And so now they are trying to get money out of the doctors. A fine thanks.You know they do the best they can and you know they are already the best to work around the restrictions they had.

So, the husband isn't going to get rich fromrefusing proper care for his wife. Too bad, so sad.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#5 Jan 10, 2014
Scripture says ' Cursed is the ablebodied man that puts his trust in man and makes flesh his arm"

And no amount of whinging and moaning can lift the curse

Scripture says " Blessed is the man that trusts in Jehovah and makes God his confidence"

So everything gets down to who is motivating the person to make their decisions..doesn't it?
jace

Clinton, MD

#7 Jan 10, 2014
array wrote:
<quoted text>the evil side of cults, pretending to be spokesmen for God, and not one GB fanatic have ever given one post on how many of their own brothers have lost their lives or been victims or the GB changing stance on their doctines.
It is very sad. When one human convinces a another him he speaks for god and the person loses his life

It is as old as religion itself

What do the following have in common

kamikaze
Islamic extremism
JW

They are willing to die believing they are doing it for god Cause some dude told them so
FutureMan

Dayboro, Australia

#8 Jan 10, 2014
At the end of the day, every mature adult does have a right to decide what treatment that he or she will receive and cannot be forced on that person.

If that means refusing a blood transfusion even in the face of imminent death, then so be it.
This is what free will is all about, making our own individual choices.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#9 Jan 10, 2014
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very sad. When one human convinces a another him he speaks for god and the person loses his life
It is as old as religion itself
What do the following have in common
kamikaze
Islamic extremism
JW
They are willing to die believing they are doing it for god Cause some dude told them so
same with secular Doctors and medical practitioners, they can tell you something , and it can cause a person to lose their life just as much, as religious extremists.

People have a tendency to put their lives in the hands of Doctors and die.. just as much....if you make man your arm you are cursed

To keep abstaining from blood is scripture..if you are an unbeliever well off you go and let other secular men make your decision for you...

.not being competent to think for yourself.or to make decisions for yourself.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#10 Jan 10, 2014
Few years ago a teen age girl died after refusing blood..and there was an accusation that medical staff played a cat and mouse game with her to see how far she would go before submitting to having blood...

so I suspect it is a human failing that many staff when they come in conduct with someone that holds back from blood because of conscience..have a curiosity of how far the person will go..

and tend to with hold other measures that might have saved the person.

I don't believe people are aware of this and it needs to be brought out into the open.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11 Jan 10, 2014
I bet we'll see a trend with jw's suing doctors and hospitals blaming them instead of blaming them selves for allowing themselves to be brainwashed by other jw's. They were in it for the money, that's all. I wonder if the governing boobies would condone this type of worldly behavior.
El Cacique

Astoria, NY

#12 Jan 10, 2014
Matt9969 wrote:
I bet we'll see a trend with jw's suing doctors and hospitals blaming them instead of blaming them selves for allowing themselves to be brainwashed by other jw's. They were in it for the money, that's all. I wonder if the governing boobies would condone this type of worldly behavior.
Why do you say "they were in this for the money"?.

Do you know this family?. Are you privy to any information that hasn't been stated in this article?. Please do share.
little angel

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Jan 10, 2014
little lamb wrote:
Few years ago a teen age girl died after refusing blood..and there was an accusation that medical staff played a cat and mouse game with her to see how far she would go before submitting to having blood...
so I suspect it is a human failing that many staff when they come in conduct with someone that holds back from blood because of conscience..have a curiosity of how far the person will go..
I don't believe people are aware of this and it needs to be brought out into the open.
Got irrefutable proof with valid sources?
jace

Clinton, MD

#14 Jan 10, 2014
El Cacique wrote:
It would be interesting to see the transcripts from this trial to know just what exactly transpired between Rozier and the doctors.
Doc
You may need blood with this operation cause there could be unforeseen complications

JW

Well we ain't taking no blood and it better work doc cause we you all work with jw

Doc
Well yes we do but we can't guarantee esp if we are not able to work with all our medical tools and blood is one of them

Jw

We don't care we don't want no blood and it better work

Doc - shaking his head and these are the same folks who said they couldn't even take the transplant and certain fractions a few years ago cause of some. Dudes out of NYC
jace

Clinton, MD

#15 Jan 10, 2014
Matt9969 wrote:
And they will lose once they put the HLC ON THE STAND IN FRONT OF A JURy

They will be like and
Who are these men. Doctors from your church

No the is Leroy he works for Piggley Wiggley

Woodrow he runs We-b-clean window cleaning service

And Ralph he is a walmart greeter and has own best smile of the year 5 yes in a row

And they are here WHY???

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#16 Jan 10, 2014
little lamb wrote:
Exactly.

I have seen this happen back in the 1950s and 60s.

A patient would be brought in with injuries, and rather than doing what ever they could have, the hospital staff and doctors just threw up their hands and did nothing more that argue with the patient as he was dying.

There were many things that they could have done to save him, but they got all huffy at having their patient telling them what treatments that they would and would not accept.
jace

Clinton, MD

#17 Jan 11, 2014
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.

A patient would be brought in with injuries, and rather than doing what ever they could have, the hospital staff and doctors just threw up their hands and did nothing more that argue with the patient as he was dying.

There were many things that they could have done to save him, but they got all huffy at having their patient telling them what treatments that they would and would not accept.
Yes but the medical community has seen one year they argue back and forth with jw over xyz fractions that god forbids

Only to see that two years later god has told them that the same xyz fraction is ok

While two years they watched a child die

And they want to be taken serious
Remnant 143999

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jan 11, 2014
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Your amazing! Do you think your most holy beloved idol/wtbts will donate any money or give scholarships to the bloodless hospital. If it was you, I'll bet you would just lie about receiving a blood tranfusion.

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#19 Jan 11, 2014
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2...

all the trouble that GB teachings cause for others, really this must have been very stressful for the doctors.

The blood issue should be a conscience matter, and its not biblically supported anyway.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#20 Jan 11, 2014
Matt9969 wrote:
Only if the governing boobies receive their required kickback.
Jehovah's Witnesses have no beliefs or convictions that cannot be bought.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#21 Jan 11, 2014
single JW have full right to decide for their own faith and belief,
there is nobody business of outside sources to stp inside of private lifes of JW about transfussions
this is not f....business of GBJW in Brooklyn, not doctors business, not court business,
get a f..... away from own christian Freedom and own free will
Supremeliberal

Lufkin, TX

#22 Jan 11, 2014
Are Jehovah Witness allowed to go to a faith based hospital ,run by another religion, under Jehovah Witness rule they would not ,so they would have to be transferred too another hospital and maybe die ,because of thier belief

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 min Wisdom of Ages 18,934
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Mrs Sunny 526,286
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Samuel Patre 87,623
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Wisdom of Ages 695,835
News 'Trinity' appears nowhere in the bible (Jun '06) 2 hr the Mad JW 807
News Murder convictions overturned because Jehovah's... 3 hr The Bible Student 35
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 11 hr mahasn sawresho 256,270
More from around the web