Bishops expose ploy to convert studen...

Bishops expose ploy to convert students to Islam

There are 10 comments on the Malaysia Chronicle story from Feb 1, 2013, titled Bishops expose ploy to convert students to Islam. In it, Malaysia Chronicle reports that:

In a strongly worded letter signed by the four Roman Catholic bishops of Sabah, they complained that non-Muslim students at the Labuan Matriculation College between 17 and 18 years old, "are constantly subjected to various forms of harassment, ridicule and pressure to change their religion" ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Malaysia Chronicle.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#1 Feb 1, 2013
'non-Muslim students at the Labuan Matriculation College between 17 and 18 years old, "are constantly subjected to various forms of harassment, ridicule and pressure to change their religion"

Not a surprise.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#2 Feb 2, 2013
I wonder what would happen if the Catholics done the same to the Muslim students.
Steven

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#3 Feb 2, 2013
Well,this is not something new.It is quite sad actually when these students are being converted without the knowledge of their parents.I was told by someone who work as a lecturer there that these children will get a monthly allowance if they become Muslim.
Steven

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4 Feb 2, 2013
That is why every church associations in Malaysia are working hard to protect these young Christians from any attempt to misuse them.God,please protect them.Amen.
Steven

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#5 Feb 2, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
I wonder what would happen if the Catholics done the same to the Muslim students.
Dead meat.

“Rejimen Cyber Diraja”

Since: Jan 13

Sabah Borneo Malaysia

#6 Feb 2, 2013
Trisha wrote:
'non-Muslim students at the Labuan Matriculation College between 17 and 18 years old, "are constantly subjected to various forms of harassment, ridicule and pressure to change their religion"
Not a surprise.
dasar menipu saya orang labuan tiada laporan mengenai pengislaman pelajar di matriks labuan!

Since: Sep 10

ferfect oxymoron

#7 Feb 2, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
They have been trying to do just that in the last 1500 years to the Muslim world. The decline of Catholic and other Christian's denominations in recent decades is because people are simply getting smarter :)

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#8 Feb 2, 2013
CopyPaste wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been trying to do just that in the last 1500 years to the Muslim world. The decline of Catholic and other Christian's denominations in recent decades is because people are simply getting smarter :)
Shame the Muslims don't follow suit.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#9 Feb 2, 2013
Pejuang Borneo Malaysia wrote:
<quoted text>
dasar menipu saya orang labuan tiada laporan mengenai pengislaman pelajar di matriks labuan!
This is an English speaking forum.

If you can't use English why do you bother?

“Rejimen Cyber Diraja”

Since: Jan 13

Sabah Borneo Malaysia

#10 Feb 3, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an English speaking forum.
If you can't use English why do you bother?
oh this is an english forum? sorry then..I live in Labuan for 20 years,have lots of friend from matriks, and yet i never heard any attempt on student to change their religion..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 min J_a_n 463,324
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 23 min Eagle 12 110
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Liam 603,932
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 35 min Eagle 12 42
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 46 min Critical Eye 20,909
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min -Stray Dog 247,844
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 48 min -Stray Dog 47,942
More from around the web