Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20824 Feb 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol....absolutely not. I couldn't care if you said Smith was *ucki*g his *hor* wives up the *ss.
See, all you prove to one and all who read your posts is that you have an issue with using real civil type language. What you have proven is you would rather use a gutter slurring language than a polite, civil language. So it's not hard to imagine that how you speak in here, that's the type of language you have preferred to use to raise your children with. Thus your children language wise are your split image because you made them that way.
Now if you wish to claim that isn't true, that you use polite and civil English with your kids as they grew, than that would leave us to really wonder why a guy that speaks so polite and civil off the web would feel the need to speak foul gutter language when on the web.
See, if you use gutter language off the web, it would stand to reason you would use gutter language on the web. If you speak politely and civilly off the web, reason would say you would speak that way on the web.
But to speak politely and civilly off the web and to be totally opposite on the web, that would denote internal mental problems and or stress causing a person like that to show such a hyde/jeckel verbal personality.
So you don't use foul gutter language to jerk my chains dude...lol...you use gutter language because that's how you like to speak. At least fricking be honest about it lol.
No, you don't care, you just cry like a little girl all the time about it. LOL!!!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20825 Feb 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for something original from you Carol... and waiting... and waiting... and waiting...
nope, you still haven't changed your ways and

NOTHING YOU SAY CHANGES THE FACT THAT GOD WILL WIN IN THE END!

Location hidden

#20827 Feb 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they were discriminated against for 150 yrs. How could this have happened with prophets and apostles who were suppose to be receiving direct revelation from God? That is a whole lot of "limited light". It's downright blindness for a church claiming to be the "restoration" of the early church. It also means the church was not the "only true church" during that time period to have gotten something this major so wrong.
Also, the LDS church is still teaching that dark skin is a curse through the BoM and the Book of Abraham. When are those mistakes going to be removed from "the most correct book on the earth"?
And if you can't trust that, why trust anything that came out of the mouths of your leaders? What to say that everything that is taught in Mormonism isn't "limited light"? That's a screw up of major proportions.
Different people receive the fullness of the gospel at different times. Everyone will have an opportunity to accept all of it. There are several examples in the scriptures of God giving his gospel to different people at different times. Why should our time be any different?

Location hidden

#20828 Feb 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they were discriminated against for 150 yrs. How could this have happened with prophets and apostles who were suppose to be receiving direct revelation from God? That is a whole lot of "limited light". It's downright blindness for a church claiming to be the "restoration" of the early church. It also means the church was not the "only true church" during that time period to have gotten something this major so wrong.
Also, the LDS church is still teaching that dark skin is a curse through the BoM and the Book of Abraham. When are those mistakes going to be removed from "the most correct book on the earth"?
And if you can't trust that, why trust anything that came out of the mouths of your leaders? What to say that everything that is taught in Mormonism isn't "limited light"? That's a screw up of major proportions.
Dark skin isn't necessarily a curse.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20829 Feb 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they were discriminated against for 150 yrs. How could this have happened with prophets and apostles who were suppose to be receiving direct revelation from God? That is a whole lot of "limited light".
Well let's expand on this accurate 'limited light' saying by the other poster that you find rejection with.

6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
7:7 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
9 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be
fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
So we have a man of the Lord Noah. Good, blessed, righteous in his ways of living. And than limited light takes place one can say of this man of God.
24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
What does Noah do? Not a word of wrong to Ham. Not a word of discipline or forgiveness to Ham. Instead we have Noah cursing Ham's descendants to a life of servitude for Ham's transgression. Generations of living with discrimination for Ham's trespass. And you have a problem with people actually following the discriminatory behavior that men of God practised themselves and through cursing? Noah cursed the generations of Ham to slavery to their cousins and there was no stopping point given for this curse of slavery.
And who are we most familiar with as having been cursed as slaves that have dark skin that Christians for centuries related to Noah's curse? Africans. Christians for centuries even did lineage traces in the Bible to show the descendants of Ham were of dark to black skin covering the middle east to Africa areas. This is a Christian thing. This is a Christian belief. This has always been a Christian belief. You can believe anything different you want. You can believe Cain was albino. It doesn't matter. Many Christians still believe the old Christian teaching but will never say anything, just like blacks believe God is black like them, but they will usually never say anything. Many blacks have been taught by old black Christianity that Adam and Eve were black like God and Cain was cursed with a white skin! How about those cookies!
You can be as indifferent as you wish to be about this curse and what it was. But you'll never change the fact that Christianity birthed this curse and still nourish it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20830 Feb 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't care, you just cry like a little girl all the time about it. LOL!!!
You have proved you prefer gutter language over polite civil language. You have proved what you prefer concerning how you speak because you consistently use that language.
I do find offense with people that claim to be 'good, honest, truthful' Christians who constantly prove their anything but those things. Yes, I do find offense with hypocrites as you. You shame the definition of Christian by calling yourself one. And you don't care. Just like you don't care how you speak.
I'm here to remind you of what you don't do that you should be doing if indeed you wish to call yourself a Christian without embarrassment to it's definition.
So call that crying or whining or what ever. You're your own loss. It doesn't have to be that way :)

Marysville, CA

#20832 Feb 28, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Dark skin isn't necessarily a curse.
That is what your church taught.

Marysville, CA

#20833 Feb 28, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Different people receive the fullness of the gospel at different times. Everyone will have an opportunity to accept all of it. There are several examples in the scriptures of God giving his gospel to different people at different times. Why should our time be any different?
Because the LDS church was suppose to be the "restored" church. The early church did not discriminate against races.

Acts 10:28
And he said to them,“You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call ANY man unholy or unclean.

Marysville, CA

#20834 Feb 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proved you prefer gutter language over polite civil language. You have proved what you prefer concerning how you speak because you consistently use that language.
I do find offense with people that claim to be 'good, honest, truthful' Christians who constantly prove their anything but those things. Yes, I do find offense with hypocrites as you. You shame the definition of Christian by calling yourself one. And you don't care. Just like you don't care how you speak.
I'm here to remind you of what you don't do that you should be doing if indeed you wish to call yourself a Christian without embarrassment to it's definition.
So call that crying or whining or what ever. You're your own loss. It doesn't have to be that way :)
You're offended, you're not offended, you're in, you're out, you do, you don't.
You twist whichever the way the wind blows. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#20835 Feb 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's expand on this accurate 'limited light' saying by the other poster that you find rejection with.
6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
7:7 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
9 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be
fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
So we have a man of the Lord Noah. Good, blessed, righteous in his ways of living. And than limited light takes place one can say of this man of God.
24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
What does Noah do? Not a word of wrong to Ham. Not a word of discipline or forgiveness to Ham. Instead we have Noah cursing Ham's descendants to a life of servitude for Ham's transgression. Generations of living with discrimination for Ham's trespass. And you have a problem with people actually following the discriminatory behavior that men of God practised themselves and through cursing? Noah cursed the generations of Ham to slavery to their cousins and there was no stopping point given for this curse of slavery.
And who are we most familiar with as having been cursed as slaves that have dark skin that Christians for centuries related to Noah's curse? Africans. Christians for centuries even did lineage traces in the Bible to show the descendants of Ham were of dark to black skin covering the middle east to Africa areas. This is a Christian thing. This is a Christian belief. This has always been a Christian belief. You can believe anything different you want. You can believe Cain was albino. It doesn't matter. Many Christians still believe the old Christian teaching but will never say anything, just like blacks believe God is black like them, but they will usually never say anything. Many blacks have been taught by old black Christianity that Adam and Eve were black like God and Cain was cursed with a white skin! How about those cookies!
You can be as indifferent as you wish to be about this curse and what it was. But you'll never change the fact that Christianity birthed this curse and still nourish it.
The restored church is suppose to be the more enlightened New Testament church, not the one based on just the law of the Old.
Sherants

Orderville, UT

#20836 Feb 28, 2013
fedupwiththemess wrote:
I do. They do not go by the bible nor does the bible mention mormonism it it. They have created a so called "extension" or another book of the bible calling it the book of mormon. Mormonism was created by a horny man wanting to screw more than one woman so he made it up saying GOD told him to do so. Women fell for it.
You are wrong. Mormons use the King James version of the bible, and use the book of mormon IN ADDITION to the bible. They believe that the book of mormon is a history of the americas, in much the way the bible is a history of the middle east. Does studying american history mean you dont believe in europian history? I dont think so. The bible is FULL of plural marriage, so I dont see how you can condemn the early mormons for their practice of it without condemning its practice in the bible.
If you want to hate Mormons, thats fine. But at least learn enough about them to know that the reasons you use for hating them actually exist.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20837 Feb 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the LDS church was suppose to be the "restored" church. The early church did not discriminate against races.
Acts 10:28
And he said to them,“You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call ANY man unholy or unclean.
The early church was founded on discrimination from Jesus himself, even if he amended his own discriminatory practices later, an event you accept and applaud. Yet you have problems that the Mormon church would do the same thing and stop practising discrimination and you still find fault with them. The early church discriminated against women speaking in church and women holding positions in church men held.
Jesus began his discriminatory ministry preaching to Jews only and referenced all other people as dogs not worthy of hearing his words. While with Jesus, we have a moment where the apostles forbid another Jew from using his faith who was not of their discipleship, showing discrimination against others believing in the word of Jesus though they didn't follow Jesus.
The early church is rife with bias, prejudice and discrimination. And you still find time to excuse it all and find fault with Mormonism? Pleaseee....

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20838 Feb 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're offended, you're not offended, you're in, you're out, you do, you don't.
You twist whichever the way the wind blows. LOL!!!
Some more of your dodging what you do that you wish not to confront honestly. I may use the words pathetic, idiot, idiocy, stupid and loser at times for how a person has thought of something they have written, but I have the common sense to speak politely and civilly as I would wish others to speak to me.
You on the other hand are stuck on debasing a dead guy by foul, crude, ugly gutter language to prove what? To prove your good at gutter language and nothing more. And you see that as a personal accomplishment some how? Why am I not surprised.
PS, if you really want to be considered a Christian by others, civil polite speech is a real beginning, just saying :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20839 Feb 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The restored church is suppose to be the more enlightened New Testament church, not the one based on just the law of the Old.
You said in reply to the other poster... "Yet they were discriminated against for 150 yrs. How could this have happened with prophets and apostles who were suppose to be receiving direct revelation from God? That is a whole lot of "limited light".
I pointed out for an example that a prophet of God discriminated against an entire lineage to servitude as you find fault with Mormon leaders. Leaders you insinuate if they were real men of God would have never discriminated in the first place.
Unfortunately for you men the Bible call men of God and even Jesus himself openly discriminated against other people for various reasons since Noah.
And the early church Jesus set forth had offices the old Mosaic religion had. Can you name just three of these positions? Yes the NT church was obviously different than the Mosaic religion. But it was founded on the Mosaic religion and still is.

Marysville, CA

#20840 Mar 1, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The early church was founded on discrimination from Jesus himself, even if he amended his own discriminatory practices later, an event you accept and applaud. Yet you have problems that the Mormon church would do the same thing and stop practising discrimination and you still find fault with them. The early church discriminated against women speaking in church and women holding positions in church men held.
Jesus began his discriminatory ministry preaching to Jews only and referenced all other people as dogs not worthy of hearing his words. While with Jesus, we have a moment where the apostles forbid another Jew from using his faith who was not of their discipleship, showing discrimination against others believing in the word of Jesus though they didn't follow Jesus.
The early church is rife with bias, prejudice and discrimination. And you still find time to excuse it all and find fault with Mormonism? Pleaseee....
Yet even then Jesus did help anyone who asked for it, Jew or Gentile. And even if you are 100% correct, there is a huge difference between 3 yrs and 150 years. But Smith had no excuse, the Bible was clear on the subject. That isn't restoring anything, that is making it up as you go along.

Marysville, CA

#20841 Mar 1, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You said in reply to the other poster... "Yet they were discriminated against for 150 yrs. How could this have happened with prophets and apostles who were suppose to be receiving direct revelation from God? That is a whole lot of "limited light".
I pointed out for an example that a prophet of God discriminated against an entire lineage to servitude as you find fault with Mormon leaders. Leaders you insinuate if they were real men of God would have never discriminated in the first place.
Unfortunately for you men the Bible call men of God and even Jesus himself openly discriminated against other people for various reasons since Noah.
And the early church Jesus set forth had offices the old Mosaic religion had. Can you name just three of these positions? Yes the NT church was obviously different than the Mosaic religion. But it was founded on the Mosaic religion and still is.
Peter clearly changed the rules from the time of Acts 10 onward. Jesus helped everyone that ask for it. You failed. The early prophets also practiced polygamy, and that was forbidden in the NT church, and whether it was Old or New Testament, it was never a condition for ones salvation like Smith claimed. You only demonstrate how much Smith wasn't a prophet.

Marysville, CA

#20842 Mar 1, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Some more of your dodging what you do that you wish not to confront honestly. I may use the words pathetic, idiot, idiocy, stupid and loser at times for how a person has thought of something they have written, but I have the common sense to speak politely and civilly as I would wish others to speak to me.
You on the other hand are stuck on debasing a dead guy by foul, crude, ugly gutter language to prove what? To prove your good at gutter language and nothing more. And you see that as a personal accomplishment some how? Why am I not surprised.
PS, if you really want to be considered a Christian by others, civil polite speech is a real beginning, just saying :)
Your opinion of my standing as a Christian is of no concern of mine, as you your views of what is and is not Christian usually comes from the intellect of a crack smoker. Smith screwed his wives. He was a pig, and a pervert.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20844 Mar 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of my standing as a Christian is of no concern of mine, as you your views of what is and is not Christian usually comes from the intellect of a crack smoker. Smith screwed his wives. He was a pig, and a pervert.
You are a vile predictable molester! You adultrate Christ gospel, and any relevant truths.

Your arguments have nothing to do with serious discussion... rather, a deep seeded lust of contempt for the Lord & your Father (the Bishop).

Marysville, CA

#20845 Mar 1, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a vile predictable molester! You adultrate Christ gospel, and any relevant truths.
Your arguments have nothing to do with serious discussion... rather, a deep seeded lust of contempt for the Lord & your Father (the Bishop).
And you're just a sexually frustrated old hag who is getting closer and closer every day to the grave. Your days are numbered, and you smell the devil biting your ass. You need to stop worrying about the fate of your perverted religion and work on saving your own soul. Nothing will save Mormonism, but it's not too late for you.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#20846 Mar 1, 2013
CareEnougHTo GoogLE iT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fun when your churches have a 50% divorce rate,
and 50% of your women are raped and molested in their lives,
and when 50% of you as husbands admit adultery on your wives, too:
isn't it, you evil molester
It's fun when 50% of your women are on hard pharmaceuticals to try to shut out the pain of being amid you, too, isn't it.
Ask them.
Oh yeah that's right; they already spoke when they decided they'd rather be too high to remember.
It's fun when 30% of your men are raped and molested in their lives, too, isn't it?
If you don't think what the current generation of people is doing anything to further their character, it's because they've all become pleasure seeking zombies who follow Satan.
You don't have to follow this world down the black hole of being a divorced, Satanic addict.
Mormon.org
The idiot masses absolutely refuse to THINK for themselves, so they attend Godless churches and vote Republican, which explains the Satanic Bible Belt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min Sheilaa 392,875
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 24 min Shamma 207,532
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr how g 560,316
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 1 hr nOgOd 1,253
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr J RULES 52,711
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,233
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 233,058
More from around the web