Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11176 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#6674 Nov 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your wrong right there.
Pi is 3 if using whole numbers only.
Pi is 3 if using decimals but also using round off.
Pi is not three in either of those cases.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#6675 Nov 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well find something real then! Your Pi argument is garbage.
I don't see you refuting it.

It's funny how something so straightforward has got you completely flummoxed.
KJV

United States

#6676 Nov 24, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Dim doesn't want you to comment on his posts. As he keeps saying, if you have anything to say, then address it to the original author and not him.
I was commenting to Derek on a nice article that he had found and the way the article laid things out. I had no intention of commenting to the author for his fine work.

Why do you get so confused so easily?
KJV

United States

#6677 Nov 24, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see you refuting it.

It's funny how something so straightforward has got you completely flummoxed.
Well you're blind as a bat then.
Got those blinders on nice and tight!

Fact Pi is 3. If you are using whole numbers.

If you want to get picky then I will point out that you and everyone alive today does not know what Pi is equal to.

Not once has Pi not been rounded off.
Not one time in all the math that has ever been done. And yet you claim that the bible does not know what Pi is because it rounded it off as a whole number.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6678 Nov 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure like tying mankind to animals.
No I'm no Lemming or Sheep or Ape.
Do you ever add anything or are you just that bratty little kid next door that you can't turn your back on for one second?
The choices are somewhat limited. Whether one is animal, vegetable, mineral or imaginary, is a matter of perception. As a cognizant human being, the only category you really fit in is animal, though you may see yourself in a different group, and I might see you in yet another group. As long as you are flesh, blood, bone, you are animal, but with enough loss of cerebral function, you can also become a vegetable, but until you have been desiccated and worn away to near dust, you will not be mineral. Imaginary is reserved for the mind products such as Harry Potter, Jehovah and Peter Rabbit, whom we animals give life too, in the spoken and written words of our imaginations.

You are animal, and if you are human, you are also primate.
KJV

United States

#6679 Nov 24, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The choices are somewhat limited. Whether one is animal, vegetable, mineral or imaginary, is a matter of perception. As a cognizant human being, the only category you really fit in is animal, though you may see yourself in a different group, and I might see you in yet another group. As long as you are flesh, blood, bone, you are animal, but with enough loss of cerebral function, you can also become a vegetable, but until you have been desiccated and worn away to near dust, you will not be mineral. Imaginary is reserved for the mind products such as Harry Potter, Jehovah and Peter Rabbit, whom we animals give life too, in the spoken and written words of our imaginations.

You are animal, and if you are human, you are also primate.
We have a classification that you refuse to use. It is far more fitting it called Human. Not animal not plant not mineral. Human, as in created in God image.
Nikki

Brecht, Belgium

#6680 Nov 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Cult:
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad
Yes the Theory of evolution falls into this category.
Well I wouldn't use the word devotion and evolution obviously isn't an intellectual fad, other than that I don't find much to object to in this definition.

So I suppose if you go by this definition it's a cult. Just like fans of Robert Pattinson, hipsters and christians are apparently also in cults...

Earth,TX

#6681 Nov 24, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Its their insecurity....
Actually it seems to be their malfunction.

We once had a poster, called Divine Alien who could easily conceive of a god, or even a no-god, but in his mind a complete absence of a god was not possible. He could never get, that a lack of gods, did not include a god of some type. The god he saw as ours, was a negative god, though not Satan or anything like Satan. It has been probably two years since he last posted here, and still his memory lingers on, sometimes refreshed by posters like that one.

Most of them see only their god or his same book opposite as options, so maybe the Divine Alien was in some small way enlightened, even though he was wrong, to be able to see another choice.

Earth,TX

#6682 Nov 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
"Huh?"?

He was a physician, who you claim retired from a minimum wage job. What is the minimum wage for a doctor?

That early retirement gave him a mountain paradise. Shouldn't he have had much better options? Wouldn't he have made more money as a priest, shaman or Ju-Ju man? He definitely wouldn't have, to have been educated to take you for 10%.

Earth,TX

#6683 Nov 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a classification that you refuse to use. It is far more fitting it called Human. Not animal not plant not mineral. Human, as in created in God image.
So you think human is not flesh, blood, and bone? Do you see us as imaginary, all powerful, perfect and magical?

We are the human animal, we are primate, even though you seem more and more like veg.
KJV

United States

#6684 Nov 24, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Pi is not three in either of those cases.
Well that just proves you don't know math.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6686 Nov 24, 2012
Nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
Which two meanings? If you're going to attack evolutionary biologists like this you should be specific and give examples.
<quoted text>
Since you guys are so fond of Ninian Smart you can explain to me how evolution fits his 7 characteristics of religion.
<quoted text>
No Evolution doesn't say anything about obeying or disobeying god. It is simply a theory to explain the origin of different species.
<quoted text>
Like many creationists you fail to understand that the word 'science' does not mean 'things I can observe in nature that do not contradict my ancient storybook'. Tell me,what kind of test does evolution fail to pass?
<quoted text>
How would you define a cult then? And this article in no way proves evolution is a religious concept. You said it was, several times, but that doesn't make it true.
You can stick your head in the sand and pretend evolution isn't science, but that's unlikely to make much of a difference in the real world.
"The theory of evolution is supported by so many observations and experiments that the overwhelming majority of scientists no longer question whether evolution has occurred and continues to occur and instead investigate the processes of evolution. Scientists are confident that the basic components of evolution will continue to be supported by new evidence, as they have been for the past 150 years."
http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php...
Hi Nikki. Always nice to see you in the forum. How was your day?

Do most teachers have good memories? Let's see if you can remember this:

How many times have I posted that I do not read long boring atheist posts? You spend all that time breaking down website material and responding to one segment at a time for nothing, because I don't read it. I don't know you, therefore, to me you have zero credibility.

If you are posting so that other atheists can simply agree with you, then why bother?(It's like “preaching to the choir”) They would agree with anything you wrote, whether it was one line or 82, lol. And the Christians won't agree with you regardless.

Just a reminder to everyone , lol - I have often stated that should you have any concerns about the content of a webpage I've posted, you should address your concerns with the publisher of the page not me, since I have no interest in your opinion of the material, lol.

I also have zero interest in whether or not you read anything I post, or any link I post. I only post from sources I recognize – if I agree with them, I say so at the end, if I don't, I usually mention that as well. Read it or skip it, makes me no difference.

And - I have no obligation to reply to anything nor do I care if anyone replies to me. It is very unusual for me to read more than 5 posts from atheists on any one day. I pick one here and there, and sometimes reply to it, other times it's not worth my time, since their opinions have no value.

FYI, I am skipping 3 full pages (about 60) posts tonight and going directly to the last page since I am busy and don't have time for atheists' trite unsupported remarks and opinions.

LMAO

Location hidden

#6687 Nov 24, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So you think human is not flesh, blood, and bone? Do you see us as imaginary, all powerful, perfect and magical?
We are the human animal, we are primate, even though you seem more and more like veg.
Beautiful flowers.

Location hidden

#6688 Nov 24, 2012
“The history of Christianity in the Soviet Union was not limited to repression and secularization. Soviet policy toward religion was based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism, which made atheism the official doctrine of the Soviet Union. Marxism-Leninism has consistently advocated the control, suppression, and the elimination of religion.

The state was committed to the destruction of religion, and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic propaganda, and generally promoted 'scientific atheism' as the truth that society should accept.

Religious beliefs and practices persisted among the majority of the population, in the domestic and private spheres but also in the scattered public spaces allowed by a state that recognized its failure to eradicate religion and the political dangers of an unrelenting culture war”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_C...

[“atheism the official doctrine of the Soviet Union”]

[“promoted 'scientific atheism' as the truth that society should accept.”- dictating their beliefs. Christians know all about atheists dictating their beliefs – the subject of this forum.]

Location hidden

#6689 Nov 24, 2012
“The most oppressive and human-killing regime's have been when Atheists have taken over governments. Nevertheless, atheists claim that people of faith are to blame for mass amounts of people's lives being taken. This is not based on facts. In the past century, Atheism forced its beliefs on people of faith or simply slaughtered hundreds of millions of them.”

[“Atheism forced its beliefs on people of faith or simply slaughtered hundreds of millions of them.” It's the atheists who dictate beliefs.]

Location hidden

#6690 Nov 24, 2012
Tortured for his faith ...

“Haralan Popov was a successful minister in Bulgaria when he was arrested and sentenced to 15 years imprisonment as an American spy, at a widely publicized trial in Sofia. Enduring torture and brainwashing in communist prisons and labor camps, Haralan Popov remained faithful to God. After his release, Dr. Haralan Popov founded Door of Hope International in 1972.

Tortured For His Faith Has been published in more than twenty three languages. Has been No. 1 on the best-seller list (pocket books) for many years. More than one million copies sold. Has exposed the militant nature of atheistic communism for more than 30 years.”
http://www.dohi.org/us/special_offers.php

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#6692 Nov 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that just proves you don't know math.
No, you just proved you don't know any math above first grade.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#6693 Nov 24, 2012
No there isn't. Jospeh Smith was using his seer stone scam long before he started your cult. Was even arrested for it. So you have been hoodwinked by a conman.

There were no horses in America until the spanish arrived adn brought them.

There is no historical proof Jesus even existed and it's laughable to say that if he did exist he walked among the native Americans.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is evidence that there were horses in America before Christ.
http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/...
Why can't Christ have visited the Americas as the Book of Mormon claims? Christ said in the bible that he had other sheep that he needed to bring into his fold.

Scottsburg, IN

#6694 Nov 24, 2012
So what spambot?
derek4 wrote:
Tortured for his faith ...
“Haralan Popov was a successful minister in Bulgaria when he was arrested and sentenced to 15 years imprisonment as an American spy, at a widely publicized trial in Sofia. Enduring torture and brainwashing in communist prisons and labor camps, Haralan Popov remained faithful to God. After his release, Dr. Haralan Popov founded Door of Hope International in 1972.
Tortured For His Faith Has been published in more than twenty three languages. Has been No. 1 on the best-seller list (pocket books) for many years. More than one million copies sold. Has exposed the militant nature of atheistic communism for more than 30 years.”
http://www.dohi.org/us/special_offers.php

Scottsburg, IN

#6695 Nov 24, 2012
This was your smartest answer ever you ignorant uneducated c@cklicker.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 hr Faith 527,788
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Rosesz 699,470
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 93,406
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 5 hr blacklagoon 3 89
News Let Turkish Scholars Speak: See What Islamism I... 7 hr mahasn sawresho 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr Black Ice 72,074
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 10 hr superwilly 6,056