Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 Full story: FITSNews 1,813

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Full Story

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1252 Feb 1, 2013
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/01/updat...

These damn Catholics are something ELSE!!!! EXPOSE THIS JOE DECARO!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1253 Feb 1, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
...These damn Catholics are something ELSE!!!! EXPOSE THIS JOE DECARO!
On the Topix Episcopal Church forum?
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Joe, sweetie, either prove that Rabbi Stein actually said it or ...
... like a dog to its vomit, you will go back to the same tired old dodge?

It's amazing the lengths you will go in order not to face the truth about yourself -- and your felllow GLBTs -- in the light of scripture.

#1254 Feb 1, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
On the Topix Episcopal Church forum?
<quoted text>
... like a dog to its vomit, you will go back to the same tired old dodge?
It's amazing the lengths you will go in order not to face the truth about yourself -- and your felllow GLBTs -- in the light of scripture.
oh yes indeed...tell us about the Catholics....Joe. Since you say that you are one. Or are you now going to deny that too?

#1255 Feb 1, 2013
Since we ran our story on the recently released documents implicating Cardinal Roger Mahony and other church leaders in the decades-long conspiracy to hide pedophile priests while preventing victims from speaking up (Newly Released Letters Expose Decades Of Shocking Cover-Ups Of Child-Molesting Catholic Priests), many readers have asked what consequences have resulted from these revelations. The cry for justice has been strong and given the laxity of the Catholic church responding to such cries in the past, little hope was held that any punishment would result. However…

As of Thursday, January 31, 2013, in a move that surprised many, Los Angeles Cardinal Roger M. Mahony has been “stripped of his official duties.”

Prior to this announcement, it seemed quite possible that, given the passage of time and the history of non-action in the past, Mahony and other were not likely to suffer any personal professional or legal rebuke due to their “tampering” of witnesses and evading the law in regards to their hiding of pedophilia priests and quelling actions by victimized children or their families. In a piece this week in the Los Angeles Times, the point is made that, legally, the statute of limitations has run out on most of the applicable charges:

A nearly insurmountable barrier is the statute of limitations, the experts said. A quarter-century has passed since Mahony and his chief aide for sex abuse cases, Msgr. Thomas J. Curry, wrote memos outlining strategies to prevent police investigations of three priests who had admitted abusing boys. The 1986 and 1987 letters fall decades beyond the three-year statute of limitations for felonies such as child endangerment, obstruction of justice and conspiracy to commit those offenses.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1256 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
oh yes indeed...tell us about the Catholics....
If you want to know about Catholics, Topix has another forum for the Roman Church, but this is Episcopal Church Forum.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#1257 Feb 2, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know about Catholics, Topix has another forum for the Roman Church, but this is Episcopal Church Forum.
Topix is nonsectarian, or is that only when it's convenient for you?

LMAO..........

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1258 Feb 2, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix is nonsectarian ....
Topix membership is nonsectarian, but its lemon "judge it" icon still stands for "off-topic".

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1259 Feb 3, 2013
The truth is that you are nothing more than a pathological liar who has been caught with his pants ablaze. You have offered me no reason to discuss any issue other than that one, sweetie. In fact, your pathetic dissembling over that truth only encourages me to keep pointing out that truth to you.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1260 Feb 3, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
The truth is that ...
... you can't handle the truth about yourself, or your "orientation"; that's whay you keep dodging Rabbi Stein's challenge:

The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan? Then again, for some, why is every relationship between 2 men or 2 women always sexual?

this one

#1261 Feb 3, 2013
Challenging me with your pathological lie again, sweetie? On the Lord's day no less. Good Christian, good, good Christian.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1262 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes Joe...tell us about you and Joe Decaro SENIOR...what was sexual about that for you?
Since you are the self avowed lesbian, tell us about YOU and YOUR father, "what was sexual about that for you?"

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1263 Feb 3, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Challenging me with your pathological lie again ...
It's neither mine, nor is it a pathological lie: instead, it's the truth you continually refuse to face, which is why you keep dodging Rabbi Stein's challenge:

The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan? Then again, for some, why is every relationship between 2 men or 2 women always sexual?

this one

#1264 Feb 3, 2013
Buttercup, as long as it is no more than your dubious word that it is in fact, "Rabbi Stein's challenge", it remains your Pathological lie. Why is that concept so difficult for you to grasp?

#1265 Feb 3, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are the self avowed lesbian, tell us about YOU and YOUR father, "what was sexual about that for you?"
I was only asking you about SAME SEX relations as that is what you were talking about. YOU SAID that all male-male and female-female were sexual in nature.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1266 Feb 4, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Buttercup, as long as it is no more than your dubious word that it is in fact, "Rabbi Stein's challenge" ...
Obviously you're not up to that challenge, are you? That's why you have resorted to stoning this messenger -- Stein's messenge is just too much for you to honestly face.
<quoted text>
I was only asking you ...
And I was only throwing your own question back to you and YOUR father.

Ever hear the saying: "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones," Sel?

this one

#1267 Feb 4, 2013
Until you prove your claim, that it is in TRUTH Stein's challenge, no such challenge exists to be answered.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1268 Feb 4, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Until you prove your claim, that it is in TRUTH Stein's challenge, no such challenge exists to be answered.
He can't get off the hook until he does what you have asked.

But, don't waste too much time and effort trying to make him own up to his refusals. It's not worth it.

Who knows. Maybe Rabbi Stein will actually show up one of these days. If he does, it will be good for the conversation.

In the meantime, just keep on posting your positive message and relying on the Teachings of Christ Jesus. They're good and are supposed to be used for this purpose.

this one

#1269 Feb 4, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't get off the hook until he does what you have asked.
But, don't waste too much time and effort trying to make him own up to his refusals. It's not worth it.
Who knows. Maybe Rabbi Stein will actually show up one of these days. If he does, it will be good for the conversation.
In the meantime, just keep on posting your positive message and relying on the Teachings of Christ Jesus. They're good and are supposed to be used for this purpose.
I know that he's never fully going to fess up to what he has been doing with his Rabbi puppet for the last couple of years, he's in too deep, he's just going to continue to duck and cover every time I rattle his chain over it. But it is just too much fun watching him squirm.

#1270 Feb 4, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you're not up to that challenge, are you? That's why you have resorted to stoning this messenger -- Stein's messenge is just too much for you to honestly face.
<quoted text>
And I was only throwing your own question back to you and YOUR father.
Ever hear the saying: "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones," Sel?
Loved my Daddy. Awesome guy. He taught me very well. I can fish, hunt, farm...do just about anything...I sure do miss him. That lung cancer took only a couple of months to get him from the diagnosis in last January, he was gone March 6, 2010.

He was able to stand on Monday on his own and take a shower. Sleepy Tuesday. By Wednesday we had a hospital bed in the living room and by Saturday at 2 p.m. he was gone. I had the great honor of being there for his passing.

He came back to see my on the day of his funeral in a golden orb. He came to me after I returned home and sat at my bedside and touched my legs. He came by as a presence most recently when I was getting ready for my New Year's Day party.

I do miss my Daddy very much. He still gives me comfort and advice when I ask him for it. A Father's love transcends the grave. Isn't that what the love of God our FATHER is all about?

Sorry that you don't experience this Joe. It is really quite awesome.

Mama, Sister and I are going on a Hawaiian cruise in April, his birth month. I am so glad that he and Mama were able to go to Alaska for their 50th Anniversary. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1271 Feb 4, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Until you prove your claim ...
... you will continue to dodge Rabbi Stein's challenge and avoid facing the truth about yourself.
Sorry that you don't experience this Joe. It is really quite awesome ...
Not to mention spooky.

Enjoy Hawaii.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 min Uncle Sam 2,169
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 558,670
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 12 min WTF 390,722
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min waaasssuuup 232,677
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 19 min Just a guy 18
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 31 min kjw51 152
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 34 min Wanderer2452 26,613