Ans.01. Your post which is a sheer affront to human intelligence has forced me to interject myself in your discussion with Observer. You make it sound as if muslims have unlimited freedom to debate, contemplate or speculate on the theological niceties of Islam. You make it sound that the lack of corrections or amendments to Koran is due to scholars not finding any flaws and arriving at a consensus about the correctness of Koran after marathon debates and discussions.
02. MUQ, how much more conceited you can become. Doesn't the second sura in the Koran begins by saying, "this book is not to be doubted." As if this was not ominous enough, Koran is littered with verses prohibiting muslims to stray from the so called revelations of Koran, prohibiting muslims to carry out any critical analysis of Mohammad and his times. Failing to do so comes with its own package of serious implications for those who are not discreet enough in their criticism of Koran or Mohammad.
03. MUQ, do you seriously think that any muslim would attempt to carry out a critical study of Koran or Mohammad, forget about bringing amendments to Koran, when the swords of shirk, blasphemy, apostasy are hanging above his head?
04. I will just give you a modern day analogy to show you how ridiculous the claim of Koran is when it asks its followers not to doubt it. Would you purchase a life saving medicine just on the basis of claims made by its manufacturer? Wouldn't it be more credible if that pharmaceutical product was certified by independent body of experts like FDA?
01. I do not know what was in my post that so agitated you that you could not control yourself and put on a “juicy rejoinder”.
I think you people are so much suffering with “inferiority complex” about Quran and Prophet of Islam, that none of your post is complete untill you add hundreds of words criticizing it.
You put conditions on Islam which no one ever puts on any other religions. Which religions in the world is based on “every one of its followers” having fully understood each line of its scripture and analyzing each and every one its directives?
It is for scholars on Islam to analyze and proof to any one that Islamic teachings are correct and reasonable and logical. Not each and every Muslim.
02. Quran does start with a claim “That this The Book, in which there is no doubt”….and this claim is justified by “challenging whole human kind to bring a book like it”.
So it is a claim along with the proof. If humans are unable to bring any thing like Quran (I already explained how a small chapter like 112 and its outstanding contribution).
Muslims believe in Quran and accept Prophet Mohammad as their prophet, for those who are Non Muslim, it is our duty to propagate them the message of Islam.
Now it is left to individuals to accept it or not. They have to be answerable to their Creator in the hereafter about the choice they made.
03. There is no Sword hanging on your head, you prove to me that Quranic teachings are wrong and unreasonable and harmful to development of human civilization.
04. If you want to buy a medicine after trying it, then I thing either you will not buy any medicine or will be dead before you buy anything.
You look at the label, the contents, the manufacturer and see how it affected other people.
In Islam you have all positive ingredients!!
It is from God Al Mighty, There is No Doubt in it and it brought a nomad people of Arabia into the World rulers in mere 30 odd years.
What else proves you need?