LDS Apostle visited Tonga

LDS Apostle visited Tonga

There are 29828 comments on the Matangi Tonga story from Feb 24, 2014, titled LDS Apostle visited Tonga. In it, Matangi Tonga reports that:

Elder Neil L. Andersen, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, During their short stay in Tonga, the Apostle met and counseled church leaders to hasten the work of the Lord in Tonga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Matangi Tonga.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#11622 Aug 24, 2014
Toko wrote:
<quoted text>
Uiha????? are you avoiding my question ???????? running with yur tail between the hiney?
Mormons do that a lot.

Marysville, CA

#11623 Aug 24, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> dude you have people here who brlieve jesus does not condemn homosexuality so its not a sin....your fellow christian brothers who believe opposite from you.....1000 different churches with a thoqusand different teachings....i bet your favorite dressing is a thousand islands....mainstream christianity is so in disarray.....pedophile priest continue to wear the collar gay ordained ministers in methodist and episcopalian churches, baptist who dont believe in baptisms....im not very religious but i can see the mormons have their shit together
I prefer ranch dressing mostly, but also enjoy thousand islands. What's wrong with liking thousand islands? You have as many child molesters in the Mormon church as you do any church. Don't be such a moron.

raider4life

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#11624 Aug 24, 2014
Toko wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha,,,Mate Raider, yu had been writing in Tongan,,,and now yu are a "dictionary" and a "grammatical professor"? hahahahahaha,,, tis is an open forum,,, and comprise of different level of fobby,,, read the comment and dont diverse to grammatical errors issues to cover up yur being thick !!!
English is my second language,,,YES !!!,,,SOOOO??????
LMAO
your comprehension of our conversation is what i judge you on...you can speak but you have a hard time understanding....maybe we should try speaking japanese.....ohaio gozai masi!!...konichua!!...bongbong raidergong....hihihihihihi
Toko

Tonga

#11625 Aug 24, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> dude you have people here who brlieve jesus does not condemn homosexuality so its not a sin....your fellow christian brothers who believe opposite from you.....1000 different churches with a thoqusand different teachings....i bet your favorite dressing is a thousand islands....mainstream christianity is so in disarray.....pedophile priest continue to wear the collar gay ordained ministers in methodist and episcopalian churches, baptist who dont believe in baptisms....im not very religious but i can see the mormons have their shit together
Oh my friend RAIDER4LYFE,,,,,,,,,, SOOOOOO????? Do you want me to go into yur undergarment? and temple rituals?
Does the 1000 different churches with different teaching and 1000 different interpretations twist the bible a bit?????
Does teaching of HOMO and believing it, change the actual teaching of the Bible?
I hope yur not too fob to say yes ! NOOOO,,, so why would i care abt any of those? it doesnt change the actual teaching of the Bible aye? ridicule those stupid interpretations,,,,I do not believe them,,just like i said before,,,,!!!!
My point remain: pedophile priest,gay ordained ministers, undergarments and polygamy do not change the fact of the real teaching of the bible,,just as yur magical under-garment cannot be used to strangle the bible over to confirm its BS aye????
I have no idea why you are hanging on to this BS point when I already established the fact that the bible remain consistent in its teaching,,,,,not those infant interpretation. Should you claim to be a "english first language speaker" ,,,,talk to me as smart as you portrait yourself to be, and give me the proof of what i requested.
Since LDS claimed they are the only true church cos the priesthood restored to JS after it was TAKEN..... priesthood is a Bible issue,,,,where in the bible did yu get this ignorance? of Taken,,,,and restored to Smith??????

raider4life

Honolulu, Hi

#11626 Aug 24, 2014
Toko wrote:
<quoted text>
Uiha????? are you avoiding my question ???????? running with yur tail between the hiney?
koe foi fehui ena kuo mau osi debate tuo 400 he thread koeni....mahalo kuo pahia a uiha he tali fehu'i.....hihihihihi....oku osi a'u e siasi tonga hou o tqoko 100 i tonga....hihihihihi
Toko

Tonga

#11627 Aug 24, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> your comprehension of our conversation is what i judge you on...you can speak but you have a hard time understanding....maybe we should try speaking japanese.....ohaio gozai masi!!...konichua!!...bongbong raidergong....hihihihihihi
Hahahaha,,, My intellect Mormon friend,,,, Why dont you go back and read our conv...? You jumped in high with a great definition of ""effeminate" "" ....WOW !!!,,,in the end,,,you claimed tat you didnt understand my comment cos it was in Tongan ,,,Now ,,who don`t understand whoz comment?????

I TOLD YOU BEFORE......DONT ADVERTISE IGNORANCE !!!,,,,my friend

And does speaking in English as first language suppose to be significant over speaking as second?
Does it makes yu smarter?
Toko

Tonga

#11628 Aug 24, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> koe foi fehui ena kuo mau osi debate tuo 400 he thread koeni....mahalo kuo pahia a uiha he tali fehu'i.....hihihihihi....oku osi a'u e siasi tonga hou o tqoko 100 i tonga....hihihihihi
Pe kuo fiu e kau mamonga ia he feing`i ke reconcile e fo`i fakanafala koia moe lau ae tohitapu?

IS IT ????????
Toko

Tonga

#11629 Aug 24, 2014
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> koe foi fehui ena kuo mau osi debate tuo 400 he thread koeni....mahalo kuo pahia a uiha he tali fehu'i.....hihihihihi....oku osi a'u e siasi tonga hou o tqoko 100 i tonga....hihihihihi
OIAUEEEE,,,koho`o lula fua ena ke tu`u aki? when did reasoning ever boxed in numbers? hahahahaha,,, man yu are full of surprise,,,are you saying Islam is the true religion cos they are more than Christian? Or Budah? hahahahahahaha,,, Malie Raider
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#11630 Aug 24, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer your questions. The issue as usual is you're looking for a specific answer. So all other replies will always fall short of the answer you're waiting for. And much of my answers fall outside of Bible information. So you're wrong that I just repeated Biblical information. But you claiming that proves you're looking for a specific answer you have already formulated.
If they had no knowledge, when given the commandment to multiply did they even understand?
I doubt it.
Did they just dismiss it?
You can't dismiss what you don't comprehend.
Do you think those walks in the garden with God were conversations about the birds and the bees?
No.
With God explaining how they would fulfill that commandment later?
No.
Were the animals doing it in the garden?
No.
and if so... Do you think Adam and Eve wondered how and why the animal were procreating ?
NO.
Any more questions?
I'm not really looking for specif answers, and I certainly don't expect you to supply any answer that I have already formulated. We see things completely different. So no, I would disagree, there's no proof I'm looking for specif answers. I'm only asking for opinions. But I do appreciate direct answers, yes and no's, sermons on the side are something I'll have to deal with.
And I would also disagree with your statement, "You can't dismiss what you can't comprehend" But let's save that for a later conversation.
So anyway... Why did Adam and Eve have to know "good and evil' to have have children? Why do you think the animals were not procreating? If those talks in the garden weren't about the birds and the bees, and what would be expected of them in the future, what do you think they were about? Do you think we {mankind} had knowledge of good and evil in the pre-existence?
Toko

Tonga

#11631 Aug 24, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
<quoted text>
You need to reread my post. No such claim was made.
Hey Wonderer2452,,, are you Mormon?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#11632 Aug 25, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my estimation. They were mentally the equivalent of children. I base that on the part of the story that states knowledge of good and evil/right and wrong was contained in the fruit of a tree. So that leaves one to contemplate what type thinking/knowledge can one have if it isn't based on wrong and right/good and evil? It's tough to formulate an answer.
I would think one can have many kinds of knowledge that is not based in right or wrong.But again, a discussion for another time.
So if Adam and Eve were mentally equivalent of a child and had no knowledge of things like good and evil, right and wrong what part of them was created in God's image? Was it just the physical image we are created in or is it something like our potential that is in God's image?
Toko

Tonga

#11633 Aug 25, 2014
RAIDER4LYFE,,,

1. Is there any fact/ foundation at all in which Joseph Smith build the Mormon Church upon?

2. All of the claims that Mormon declared as the basis of their faith, any truth in it AT ALL?

3. If there is a single undeniable Fact that the claim of being the only true church is based on,,,,what is/are they?

Rather than trying to impress me with your "first language" why not enlighten me on where is the truth you are soo insecure in defending,? rather than being a hip-hop star in this forum.

Marysville, CA

#11634 Aug 25, 2014
piratefighting wrote:
FYI to the thread
i think homosexuals hate christians... not the opposite... i see them constantly saying christains hate them... i dont think this is true in general...
i think christians just want to practice their faith and religion...
You treat anyone like shit and see if they love you. Mormons certainly hate homosexuals. What a moron.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#11635 Aug 25, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mormons teach that Adam and Eve had to have the knowledge of good and evil before they could have followed that commandment and had children."
Christianity has taught that doctrine of understanding for thousands of years before Mormons ever taught it. So Mormons were only believing what was already understood by Christian ministers.
Genesis 1 is said by scholars to be the spiritual creation of everything, living and not living. He was giving instruction to all spirits of what they would do upon the earth in physical forms. The reason they state/believe that is because of a statement made by God on what would be the eighth day in Genesis 2.
4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.
5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams[b] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
This is the key verse... "5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, "
But in Genesis 1 it states shrubs and plants and animals etc did exist. Yet this one verse states they didn't exist yet. So it is reasoned Genesis 1 has to be an account of our spiritual birth and the instructions God gave to all as spirits before a physical form had been created.
So it's reasoned Genesis 2 is an account of all things physical are being created as it mentions God creating physically vegetation, animals, birds, humans etc.
And in this stage of a physical creation God created the garden of Eden. It was a separate area on the earth because it states AFTER making Adam he then PUT Adam INTO the garden of Eden thus defining two different areas. And animals, birds etc in physical form were created in it also and Adam was told to tend to them all and give them names.
Then we have Eve being made IN the garden from Adam's rib.
I say all the above because there is no evidence that procreation took place in Eden. Not by animals, birds or Adam and Eve. So to assume animals were procreating in the garden is simply an unfounded opinion. But. But if it's recorded that Adam and Eve began procreation AFTER being removed from Eden, it stands to reason that the animals would have been removed to serve Adam and Eve's purposes and would have began procreation when Adam and Eve did it.
The animal thing and when they began to procreate is difficult to establish any way you look at it.
So all the animals were only in the garden with Adam and Eve? Does that mean there must have been an isolated ocean in the garden? Do you think all mankind descended from Adam and Eve? Or did God create other humans to be spouses for Adams offspring?

raider4life

Honolulu, Hi

#11636 Aug 25, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Harry Reid? He is pro gay marriage. Most the Mormons I've known, hate him.
definitely not in line with "cult" beliefs.....does this mean mormons actually think for themselves

raider4life

Honolulu, Hi

#11637 Aug 25, 2014
Toko wrote:
RAIDER4LYFE,,,
1. Is there any fact/ foundation at all in which Joseph Smith build the Mormon Church upon?
2. All of the claims that Mormon declared as the basis of their faith, any truth in it AT ALL?
3. If there is a single undeniable Fact that the claim of being the only true church is based on,,,,what is/are they?
Rather than trying to impress me with your "first language" why not enlighten me on where is the truth you are soo insecure in defending,? rather than being a hip-hop star in this forum.
teaching you would be like casting pearls to the swine.....your comprehension level is very poor....would only be a waste of time

raider4life

Honolulu, Hi

#11638 Aug 25, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You treat anyone like shit and see if they love you. Mormons certainly hate homosexuals. What a moron.
not harry reid

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11639 Aug 25, 2014
Toko wrote:
<quoted text>
uiha forget toko... we know you have strength faith and are true to what you believe. don't let the scoffers and mockers even tempt you... i noticed you not using the c word in your post yesterday and stooping to their level...

that shows you love god... we see you use good words and spread the truth... we see you teaching not being led... that is strength bro...

we love you dude... keep fighting the fight...:)

raider4life

Honolulu, Hi

#11640 Aug 25, 2014
Toko wrote:
<quoted text>
OIAUEEEE,,,koho`o lula fua ena ke tu`u aki? when did reasoning ever boxed in numbers? hahahahaha,,, man yu are full of surprise,,,are you saying Islam is the true religion cos they are more than Christian? Or Budah? hahahahahahaha,,, Malie Raider
oku ala ha taha ia koe ke oiaue ai....wrap these numbers around your warped little mind....

www.charismanews.com/.../34365-mormon-church-... ...

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11641 Aug 25, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>So all the animals were only in the garden with Adam and Eve? Does that mean there must have been an isolated ocean in the garden? Do you think all mankind descended from Adam and Eve? Or did God create other humans to be spouses for Adams offspring?
no surprise

shes running you in circular illogic again... shes taunting by fake questing... she did the same thing for over a month in the other thread... leave her move to real questions... she needs to think for her self...

its her way of trying to make a fool of anyone who she catches in her web...

your an inspiration to us we love you... thank you for all your attempts to talk to the antis and teach them...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min uyan 503,391
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min Chimney1 48,645
News Jehovah's Witnesses 'demonstrated a serious fai... 1 hr Aneirin 100
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 665,349
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... 2 hr Sco-ttt 2
News Ah, the Spirit of the Season... Whining Atheist... 3 hr Stop the stupidity 6
News Pakistan honours Ahmadiyya Nobel laureate Abdus... 4 hr Old Pom 3
More from around the web