The dead aren't always excused from t...

The dead aren't always excused from trial

There are 28 comments on the The Times Leader story from Jan 28, 2013, titled The dead aren't always excused from trial. In it, The Times Leader reports that:

Sergei Magnitsky died more than three years ago in a Russian jail but authorities are moving to put him on trial in a Russian court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 29, 2013
That's right - the RCC once put a CORPSE on trial - google The Cadaver Synod - it's hilarious!
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#4 Jan 31, 2013
...FALSE..HOGwash,here...eh..

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#5 Feb 1, 2013
If anyone doesn't believe it, look it up! Coward! You just don't want to believe it.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 2, 2013
paul SHYKORA arts wrote:
..a simple LIFE of Self-FAITH...BABY...eh....LOVE THEYSELF,here....placebo-effec t of ..healings...eh...try-it....mi rrors of love of of ..hate,here...eh...
LOL - who do you think you're kidding? You come here solely to insult and spread lies.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 2, 2013
Look up the Cadaver Synod THEN try to deny it ever happened! I dare you.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#10 Feb 4, 2013
How do you know whom I hate (or if I hate anyone at all?) Hatred is a terribly uncomfortable feeling and I won't waste valuable time on such horribly negative emotions. Life is way too short for that. I don't even hate you at all, no matter how much you insult me.
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

#11 Feb 5, 2013
The Church also retried Joan d'Arc afte her being put to death as a heretic. Her name was cleared. She is now considered to be a saint. The Cadaver Trial took place in the late 800's. The question begs a large so what? Has the Church tried any cadavers lately?

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Pax et Bonum wrote:
The Church also retried Joan d'Arc afte her being put to death as a heretic. Her name was cleared. She is now considered to be a saint. The Cadaver Trial took place in the late 800's. The question begs a large so what? Has the Church tried any cadavers lately?
I didn't know that about Joan of Arc. What do you mean by "so what"? The fact that they did it at all tells me a lot about their sense of "reasoning"...ridicu lous. And PLEASE remember I'm criticizing church laws, not YOU.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#13 Feb 6, 2013
..wheww....sooooooooooo (_)..negative,here...mirror needs to be...cleaned...

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#14 Feb 7, 2013
Pax et Bonum wrote:
Pax, it goes to show the church (among others) has done some pretty stupid things. And what's the point of putting a corpse on trial anyway? Can it affect that dead person's soul in the afterlife? I think it's ridiculous and I can't imagine, even in those days, people taking it seriously.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#15 Feb 7, 2013
...and now...let us ..sing....

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#16 Feb 7, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Pax, it goes to show the church (among others) has done some pretty stupid things. And what's the point of putting a corpse on trial anyway? Can it affect that dead person's soul in the afterlife? I think it's ridiculous and I can't imagine, even in those days, people taking it seriously.
Okay - negative icon givers - what you want me to say is your church never did a thing wrong...you just go ahead and keep believing that.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#17 Feb 7, 2013
...self-singing is good....the GOD/bad Pope Inc. is ..Okay....eh...yada u u
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

#18 Feb 12, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that about Joan of Arc. What do you mean by "so what"? The fact that they did it at all tells me a lot about their sense of "reasoning"...ridicu lous. And PLEASE remember I'm criticizing church laws, not YOU.
You want to criticize the Church of today using something that took place in the Middle Ages. Fine go with it. You may as well critcize doctors for using blood letting to cure sickness in the Middle Ages as their "reasoning" is just as "ridiculous". The "so what" covers that what took place that long ago is old history. Bring it up if it's happened lately and then you have a real beef with the Church.
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
If they didn't take it seriously it wouldn't have happened. One has to be careful or at least very knowledgable about how people thought 800 years ago to judge what they were thinking. Do you know that during the Black Plague many priests and nuns that would nurse the dying when no one else would only to then die themselves? Sure the church has done some dumb things. It has also done some heroic things.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 16, 2013
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to criticize the Church of today using something that took place in the Middle Ages. Fine go with it. You may as well critcize doctors for using blood letting to cure sickness in the Middle Ages as their "reasoning" is just as "ridiculous". The "so what" covers that what took place that long ago is old history. Bring it up if it's happened lately and then you have a real beef with the Church.
Pax, think what you will but your church is NOT the "one, true religion". It never was, tho I believed it for years.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#21 Feb 16, 2013
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring it up lately? Too numerous to list...come on, you can't be serious.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#22 Feb 16, 2013
paul SHYKORA arts wrote:
...self-singing is good....the GOD/bad Pope Inc. is ..Okay....eh...yada u u
You running for pope? hehe

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#23 Feb 16, 2013
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
If they didn't take it seriously it wouldn't have happened. One has to be careful or at least very knowledgable about how people thought 800 years ago to judge what they were thinking. Do you know that during the Black Plague many priests and nuns that would nurse the dying when no one else would only to then die themselves? Sure the church has done some dumb things. It has also done some heroic things.
Every religion has done some good and some bad. There will never come a time when the whole world is catholic -- is that how you think it should be?

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#24 Feb 16, 2013
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
They're STILL in the Middle Ages! I was very disillusioned in the past - can you prove some of the outrageous claims they would have their entire flock believe? I'm a REALIST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 min Syriana 520,610
News Is America a Christian Nation? 5 min Rick 32
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min Freedomofexpression 9,684
News Report: Vornado among bidders in anticipated la... (Feb '16) 9 min Kevin 339
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Endofdays 79,770
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min guest 687,169
News Judge orders Jehovah's Witness to release moles... 2 hr NorthPeace 48
More from around the web