Buddhist Monks Fight Oppression with ...

Buddhist Monks Fight Oppression with Violence

There are 22 comments on the world.time.com story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Buddhist Monks Fight Oppression with Violence. In it, world.time.com reports that:

The fault-lines of conflict are often spiritual, one religion chafing against another and kindling bloodletting contrary to the values girding each faith. Over the past year in parts of Asia, it is friction between Buddhism and Islam that has killed hundreds, mostly Muslims ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at world.time.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jun 20, 2013
from world.time:

"Over the past year in Buddhist-majority Burma, scores, if not hundreds, have been killed in communal clashes, with Muslims suffering the most casualties ... In Sri Lanka, where a conservative, pro-Buddhist government reigns, Buddhist nationalist groups are operating with apparent impunity, looting Muslim and Christian establishments and calling for restrictions to be placed on the 9% of the country that is Muslim. Meanwhile in Thailand’s deep south, where a Muslim insurgency has claimed some 5,000 lives since 2004, desperate Buddhist clerics are retreating into their temples with Thai soldiers at their side. Their fear is understandable ..."

... because islam isn't the "religion of peace" it claims it is.
Onelawforall

London, UK

#2 Jun 20, 2013
Muslims are barbarians and worship a barbaric god. They should be classified along with right wing nazis and refused entry into democratic countrties.
Dharma bhai

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Jun 20, 2013
I'd rather convert to Buddhism from Hinduism and live in Burma,Thailand or Srilanka then lives in pro-muslim so called hindu majority India
Love my Buddhist nations especially Burma.
Bhikku

Aurora, Canada

#4 Jun 20, 2013
Muslims gain the enemity of which ever country they go. Their religion makes them to hate others and in turn got hate in return.
Hello

College Point, NY

#5 Jun 20, 2013
Is Time International owned by Muslims? Buddhist terror? Really?

Anyone not fighting the spread of an evil religion like Islam that has a pedophile, rapist and murderer as a prophet, is no lover of peace.

Next thing you know If Castro, that rapist who locked up 3 women in the basement, forms a religion and his followers are beaten, the attackers will be called a terrorist.

The moral compass of this world is sadly pointing in the wrong direction.
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#6 Jun 21, 2013
Don't forget Cain (Kwai Chang Caine) from Kung Fu was a Buddhist monk.

That brotha kicked some a s s!

If the Christians are losing their cojones and becoming too politically correct, then I'm happy the Buddhists are manning up and laying it down (a s s beatings).

Buddhist brotha gotta do what a Buddhist brotha gotta do...
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jun 21, 2013
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwai_Chang_Cain...

Kung Fu

He definitely would not have put up with Muslims.
Hello

College Point, NY

#8 Jun 21, 2013
LBer wrote:
Don't forget Cain (Kwai Chang Caine) from Kung Fu was a Buddhist monk.
That brotha kicked some a s s!
If the Christians are losing their cojones and becoming too politically correct, then I'm happy the Buddhists are manning up and laying it down (a s s beatings).
Buddhist brotha gotta do what a Buddhist brotha gotta do...
Buddhists never send a man to do a woman's job.

&sn s=em

Buddhist women are more man than muslim men can ever hope to become! ;)
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Even Muslims killing Muslims in Syria. Shiite killing Sunni and Sunni killing Shitte. Man these Muslims just love to kill.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#10 Jun 22, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from world.time:
"Over the past year in Buddhist-majority Burma, scores, if not hundreds, have been killed in communal clashes, with Muslims suffering the most casualties ... In Sri Lanka, where a conservative, pro-Buddhist government reigns, Buddhist nationalist groups are operating with apparent impunity, looting Muslim and Christian establishments and calling for restrictions to be placed on the 9% of the country that is Muslim. Meanwhile in Thailand’s deep south, where a Muslim insurgency has claimed some 5,000 lives since 2004, desperate Buddhist clerics are retreating into their temples with Thai soldiers at their side. Their fear is understandable ..."
... because islam isn't the "religion of peace" it claims it is.
The difference is that Buddhists are not following Buddha's example when committing violence, but Muslims ARE following Muhammad's when committing violence. Followers will often go against the teachings of who they follow. Look at the past history of the Catholic Church. But if you would have asked them where Jesus told them to do that, they would fall silent. Ask a Muslim where Muhammad told them to do that, and they can produce many verses from the Quran and the hadiths. And Muhamad also taught them to be agressive in spreading Islam, whereas Buddhists seem to have little interest in that. So how is it that I somehow feel that the Buddhist violent response is because of the aggressiveness of Muslims and that the Buddhists see no choice? Hmmmm... If you appease Muslims and offer compromise and cooperation, they take that as a sign of encouragement for them and weakness on your part that can and should be exploited. So how does one deal with a mindset like that? It seems impossible, except to be aggressive in return. Funny how Buddhists don't seem to be interested in fight Christians and Jews, doesn't it?

All of the other religions seem to have at least learned to tolerate each other enough to where they don't really fight with each other much anymore. But Muslims seem to fight with every other religion, and all other religions seem to feel that they need to fight against Muslims. So there is a pattern, and it is all Muhammad's fault.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Genesis 16

11 The angel of the Lord also said to her:“You are now pregnant and you will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has heard of your misery. 12 He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#12 Jun 22, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhists never send a man to do a woman's job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PaC7hgYwp5cXX&sns=em
Buddhist women are more man than muslim men can ever hope to become! ;)
And what a soundtrack!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#13 Jun 22, 2013
Good for the Buddhists. Let's see how the muslims like the taste of their own bitter medicine.
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#14 Jun 22, 2013
He who has an ear, let him hear:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Hello

College Point, NY

#15 Jun 22, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
He who has an ear, let him hear:
Yes, but you seem deaf:

Buddha declares:

Open are the doors to the Deathless to those with ears. Let them show their conviction.[Ariyapariyesana Sutta]
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#16 Jun 22, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you seem deaf:
Buddha declares:
Open are the doors to the Deathless to those with ears. Let them show their conviction.[Ariyapariyesana Sutta]
Buddha was a lost soul and so are all who follow him. Jesus Christ is the ONLY name given under heaven among men whereby we must be saved:
Hello

College Point, NY

#17 Jun 22, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>Buddha was a lost soul and so are all who follow him. Jesus Christ is the ONLY name given under heaven among men whereby we must be saved:
Just the truth. Jesus admits his teachings are not his own...

John 7:16 Jesus responded to them, "What I teach doesn't come from me but from the one who sent me.

8:26 but he who sent me is true and what he has said to me I say to the world.

“Tell it as it is.”

Since: Jun 12

Australia

#18 Jun 22, 2013
islam may yet succeed in uniting all other religions against them.
Be interesting to watch.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#19 Jun 22, 2013
The Buddhists are giving the Muslims an example from Mo's playbook.
Fiona

London, UK

#20 Jun 23, 2013
It says in the Koran "Kill pagans wherever you find them." Buddhists are pagans according to Islam. Buddhists are defending themselves against people who want to sacrifice them to their god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Faith_Michigan 486,507
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 15 min The Partner 247,673
Religion 28 min Truth Seeker 1
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 33 min INSULTING THE PRO... 7,338
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min guest 636,837
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 58 min Uncle Sam 11,190
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr NightSerf 9,575
More from around the web