Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
2,921 - 2,940 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No man can be a mom nor a woman a father.
Brilliant observation. Did you think you had a point?

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so lost. I don't understand a thing that's going on here.
Ditto!! And I'm totally not getting involved. Old drama = not my business.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>NJ recognizes them as CUs.
Which again, just for the sake of clarification, means the same thing as marriage in all practical aspects. They literally took the existing marriage statute and added the words "or civil union."

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Born_Again_Christian wrote:
You are a phoney I am Servant and you are not dealing with Native now, but someone who cares and loves her.
Uh.. shall we REPLAY your denial posts? You know.. the ones swearing you have no idea who this "penny/native" person is or was.. why yes we CAN repost them.. lots of em.. now who is the "phony" here? YOU
Who's the liar? YOU
Sucks that you've proven yourself an out and out liar, doesnt it?

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are single people allowed to adopt, if this is SO bad?
ding ding ding! I'm sure he'll have a stupid answer for that one...like "maybe they'll accidentally get married one day!"

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
Let the rants begin
Ya mean natives? LMAO! yep she's about ready.. the magma is flowing.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
yup, and you project your anger about that on me...
our VT legislature voted, and I say so be it...
I am fine with a vote in every state...
which is what we are gonna have post Prop 8 scotus review...
how'd it go in your state?
It is possible, if the scotus rules in that way, that they will state you can't have the exact same thing and call it something else. Therefore Civil Union states wherein the civil union is the same as marriage will be forced to call it marriage (or I suppose do away with it altogether, which would be pretty difficult considering it would be taking rights away from existing couples.)

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I am Servant
Oh get a life you attention whore. It can be proven by the post Native saved of yours you stalked her on and off line with her mother's obituary photo. Before you accuse someone of not being Christ like take a look within. When does Christ act anything like you? You are a phoney I am Servant and you are not dealing with Native now, but someone who cares and loves her. You want to play your games on here, but your game will bite you in the ass if you continue to stalk Native. It won't be Native that exposes you to your community, but other caring Christians who know what you did to her.
<quoted text>
So admitting you still are stalking.

Oh Scotty beam us up!

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question.
Better to leave kids in an orphanage? Or abort them?

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
and when you get home you have a CU and NO marriage...
see how that works?
if not, just ask YOUR legislators...
The legislators aren't the problem. Governor glutton vetoed it.

He won't be Governor forever.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
Wow, it didn't take much for someone to drop their fake "holier than thou" attitude and start calling people scum and telling them to go play in traffic.
Maybe the Holy Spirit was on break when all that happened.
LOL.. thats our own "native".. oh, she's a real piece of work! You should remember her by that nic.. she loves to play the 'holier than thou' in the GLBT threads as long as she can spread the nastiest hate imaginable.. all in the name of her 'religious beliefs'. She also is a mental case BTW and a consummate liar.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
find it ironic that the "Mormon supporting the gay community" chooses to ignore the amicus brief her cult just filed along with the reasons behind it and focus her "sadness on me.
As a member, please explain why ur quorum wants to make their bigotry even more official than it already is..u do realize the "softer stance" website is there to hoodwink sheep like u, right? They are still the same old homophobes they've always been.
NoMo.. give her a break.. she did NOT write the brief nor did she have any power to do anything about it. Please do not attack those within these denominations that are actually supportive and trying what they CAN do to change minds and or influences..
I think you owe her an apology.. Now if you want to attack rabid Mormons (like their elders), I'm right there with ya. Just like I would for ANY religion and their rabid hateful BS beliefs.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they won't "always lack." That's a stupid and baseless assertion.
I don't think President Obama is lacking so much. Neither am I.
There are no guarantees in life.
No matter what kind of family you came from, you are lacking - so what caused that? Are you going to blame it on your parents?
I'm just pointing out another flaw in same sex marriage. Its built into the system that a child will always lack either a mom or a dad. This is not a good thing for a child. Agreed?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf
Wrong, Jonathan and David had no romantic love for one another. Nor
did Noami and Ruth. It is the homosexual community who twisted these stories for their gay agenda. No where does it say in the Bible they were lovers. God abhors homosexuality and he will not be mocked by your lies.
<quoted text>
Jesus was bi- sexual
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to leave kids in an orphanage? Or abort them?
No. Strengthen the traditional family. When we have strong families children usually turn out well.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, PLEASE explain to us why heterosexual couples who will never be able to procreate, or will never choose to do so, should be allowed to marry.
Why get married if you can't procreate?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam
Are you an idiot or what? Do you have a comprehension problem? I asked you 2 times now are you autistic like your son? Autism is found in one of the parent's so is it you or his mother that has autism?
Leave the diagnosing to professionals. Or at least people who have some clue as to the facts regarding autism. Many people are diagnosed without any family of it.
Weeping is not the sin the sin is the idols being worshiped. Homosexuality is a perverted sex act and God says it will always be an abomination. No male temple prostitution going on in Romans 1. Liam, you are clueless of the Bible and you show just how ignorant you are.
Romans 1
26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
<quoted text>
Oh, and it looked like you might have started making progress. But don't be discouraged: you will eventually learn this! Here it is again, since you didn't quite seem to get it the first time. Read carefully, and ask an adult to help you with any of the words you don't understand...
Liam R wrote:
VERY good! You have taken the first step in learning to read the Bible for comprehension. Congratulations!
And EXACTLY like weeping is only a sin when it is done as part of the worship of a foreign God, so too is it with homosexuality. Leviticus uses the same word <tow'evah> which means "abomination BECAUSE it is connected with foreign worship" to describe the act of a man having sex with a (male) temple prostitute as Ezekiel does to describe weeping.
Now, read that again, very carefully. Is weeping a sin? Yes, but only when it is done as part of the worship of Tammuz - a foreign God. And in EXACTLY the same way, homosexuality is only a sin if it is part of the worship of a foreign God.
In the case of the children of Israel, their most likely contact with this practice would have been the qadesh of the Goddess Asherah. Both qadesh and Asherah are specifically mentioned in the Bible. Seems that the children of Israel rather LIKED the Goddess Asherah, and kept turning back to Her worship every chance they got. Poles, a symbol of Her worship, were constantly being erected on the high places. And around those poles there would have been fertility rituals involving temple prostitutes, both male (the qadesh) and female (the qedeshah).
As usual, you fail to take the entire context into account when you read the Bible. Leviticus 18 mentions the practice of a man (ish) laying with mankind (zakhar) as with a woman, and calls it tow'evah. Well, ish is a general term for man, that much is straight forward. AS you should already have learned, tow'evah is a term for abomination BECAUSE something is part of the worship of a foreign deity. Now let us look at the word <zakhar> which is a term that refers to a sanctified male. It does not mean "priest" specifically, because a male animal is a zakhar, even if that male animal is a bull, sanctified as a sacrifice to Poseidon.
So, a man is not to engage in an act that is part of the worship of a foreign Deity with a holy male. Looking at the whole of Lev 18, we see that the children of Israel are being warned against a lot of things that they are not to do for the simple reason that their neighbors do them. Lev 18:22 is no different. Men, do not have sex with a (male) temple prostitute as part of the fertility rituals of Asherah.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just pointing out another flaw in same sex marriage.
No you aren't!
Jeff wrote:
Its built into the system that a child will always lack either a mom or a dad. This is not a good thing for a child.
Divorce court always is.
Jeff wrote:
Agreed?
NO!

Now that I've chopped up your BS.. it makes it easier to hang your azz.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get married if you can't procreate?
1367 rights, IRS rules, privileges and because they CAN.. you the F do you think you are in determining who can get married and who cant? You the F'n taliban? If'n you think you are, I've got many friends and an entire military hunting your azz to send you to allah!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave the diagnosing to professionals. Or at least people who have some clue as to the facts regarding autism. Many people are diagnosed without any family of it.
Liam..'born again nutcase' is formerly known as 'native'.. you know who she is.. dont bother wasting your time!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••