Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#2935 Feb 3, 2013
For Sure wrote:
Any of you queers want to explain what NAMBLA is or what it stands for???
I'm not gay, but will answer this. It stands for "North American Man Boy Love Association". They are a group of child molesters.

Marysville, CA

#2936 Feb 3, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, closeted gay people tend to hate themselves. Duh.
That is true. I have to wonder how many of the so-called "Christians" here have homosexual tendencies? How many are fighting their own demons? This level of hatred can only be created from fear, maybe fear of their own feelings.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#2937 Feb 3, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
not ashamed,
We are all created by God yes. Sin separated us from God that is why Jesus had to come and die on the cross. We are not his until we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and become born again. Until we do this we become children of Satan and this evil world.
If a parent is not nurturing a child and abusing it they will seek the nurturing out in other places and that includes gay relationships. Truth hurts!!
<quoted text>
The problem is, you are not speaking truth.
You have a gross misunderstanding of what Christ love for us is.
Becoming "born again" means accepting Christ as your savior. You can be gay and still accept Christ as your savior.
You seem to be of the mind set that to be christian you have to be perfect. That just is not so. We strive for perfection, we seek it, however as long as we are on this earth none of us will ever obtain it.
In my opinion, the closest I can be to our heavenly father is when I love his other children. Unconditionally. And yes, we are ALL his children.
Your fear of the gay population is obvious by your post. I think you need to go back to his greatest commandment to love one another.
I know you believe you are speaking truth, unfortunately you are not. You are spreading hate and fear.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#2938 Feb 3, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Fa$$ot with a D DlCK and there's no such thing as a homophobe, dumb A$$
still in denial I see, most dishonorable foul mouthed one.

For those unfamiliar with this poster, he is a scat fetishist who gets his jollies off by insulting other people with his scat obsession.

This loser actually claims that a word found in the dictionary, "homophobe" does not exist, yet he displays all of the signs of a classic homophobe with the addition of his scat fetish which he projects unto an unwilling audience, making him a pervert by definition, engaging in non-consensual sexual activities by getting off sexually on inflicting emotional pain on others.

Just as he is a homophobe by definition, he is a hatemonger, a sexual pervert and to top it off he claims not to be the hatemonger, pervert, and homophobe that his posts clearly reveal!

All of this can be confirmed by simply reading his posts.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#2939 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. I have to wonder how many of the so-called "Christians" here have homosexual tendencies? How many are fighting their own demons? This level of hatred can only be created from fear, maybe fear of their own feelings.
I agree Dana. Most people who fear homosexuality seem to fear it because of their own desires. It makes me sad that so many dismiss homosexuality as a choice. One of my daughters best friends is gay. When his parents divorced recently, they actually fought over who " had to keep him" . They were embarrassed by him. It makes me sick that anyone would treat their child that way. Especially so many self professed "christians"
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2940 Feb 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, left-handed people can be taught to use their right hand, but they are still left-handed.
No. It means they can use both hands for some tasks. Maybe we should give special rights to left handed people like we do to homosexuals? Maybe this should be the new criteria for marriage?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2941 Feb 3, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>The Buybull has NOTHING to do with science. It's an anthology of Jewish folklore, nothing more.
Using logical fallacies to prove your point makes you appear uneducated AND stupid.
Your stupid thinking again. The Bible is the most read book in history and its influence for good is incalculable.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2942 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps they are telling the truth.

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#2943 Feb 3, 2013
For Sure wrote:
No Animal May Be Lead Astray = NAMBLA

I'm Straight but you need to understand how childish you are being.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2944 Feb 3, 2013
For Sure wrote:
Why would we care when we don't support anything it used to do?

Can you tell us how many active members it has?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2945 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It means they can use both hands for some tasks. Maybe we should give special rights to left handed people like we do to homosexuals? Maybe this should be the new criteria for marriage?
We already allow left handed folks to marry.

How are the SAME rights, special rights?

Please explain.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#2946 Feb 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain.
Jeff cant.. there IS NO explanation for 'jeff'.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2948 Feb 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain.
Homosexuals can also marry the opposite sex just like everyone else can. To allow people to marry for orientation, left-handedness or anything else is a special right.
If we are going to grant special rights because of orientations then we must allow other kinds of reasons to marry also such as group marriages and brothers and sisters to marry.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#2951 Feb 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we care when we don't support anything it used to do?
Can you tell us how many active members it has?
This one below is the founder and current president of the 'organization'
NoQ wrote:
I'm the president and founding member of NAMBLA, I 'love' little boys.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2952 Feb 3, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial, denial??? If anyone is in denial, it's you. The one who condones and endorses homosexuality and its perversion with every breath. You have a lot of nerve accusing someone of su:cking a DlCK, all the while you're holding one in your mouth. But you don't su:ck DlCK, you just hold it in your mouth and wallow it around for a while. You condescending piece of SHlT.
Projection?

Marysville, CA

#2954 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps they are telling the truth.
The worst fool is the one who lies to himself.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2955 Feb 3, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sina : an offense against religious or moral law. b : an action that is or is felt to be highly reprehensible <it's a sin to waste food>. c : an often serious shortcoming :...
It's a word with many applications. In theism, it's considered a sin when a married spouse has sex with someone other than the spouse they are married to. The buy-bull speaks only in negative tones concerning adultery.
In the non-buy-bull world, most consider it a moral offense for a person to have sex with another while being "faithfully-married" in a monogamous relationship.
And wishing people would drop their religious faith would serve no purpose.
There are tribes on this earth with "nature" beliefs who's moral laws are like those you'll find in the Bible. And these tribes have never read a religious text. They'll oust you from the village or severely beat/whip you for what we call adultery. Theft can get a finger or hand hacked off. Rape and killing someone can get yourself murdered. And they believe in blood revenge if someone from another tribe does one of their people wrong.
And they don't believe in equality as we their modern counter parts believe in it. They tolerate same sex sex but you won't find same sex married couples in these tribes.
Theistic beliefs don't need a buy-bull to exist :)
1857 For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: "Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent."131
- Catechism of the Catholic Church

1782 Man has the right to act in conscience and in freedom so as personally to make moral decisions. "He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters."53
- Catechism of the Catholic Church

Marysville, CA

#2956 Feb 3, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text> This one below is the founder and current president of the 'organization'
<quoted text>
I doubt he limits himself to just little boys. Little girls, chickens, sheep, pigs, cows, horses, fish in fish bowls, cockroaches, all have to live in fear of that freak.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#2959 Feb 3, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see there's another BOY LOVER amongst us. I am the president and founder of NAMBLA!
you're sick.. disgusting and deranged.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#2963 Feb 3, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
LowellGuy,
If you new the Bible then you would know sin and disease came from the fall of Adam and Eve. The world was perfect before they sinned.
No, I do not reject medicine why should I? The Bible talks about luke being a doctor and I am sure they had all natural medicines back then. What I reject is science trying to make claim gays are born that way when the Bible says the opposite that homosexuality is a sin and that is an abomination before God. Science is not above the Bible. The Bible was here long before science ever was invented and I will stick to what God says not someone who wants to play God like scientist do.
<quoted text>
BAC: "The world was perfect before they sinned."

That entirely depends on your definition of perfect.
Satan was in the world BEFORE A&E sinned. That may be YOUR idea of a "perfect world", but neither I, nor most other people would agree with you.

BAC: "What I reject is science trying to make claim gays are born that way..."

If ALL people were BORN heterosexual, there wouldn't be any homosexuals.
Any heterosexual capable of reasoning should know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min ATHENA the MACEDO... 456,272
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min Eagle 12 10,635
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Liam 599,393
News Royal Commission to inquire into Jehovah's Witn... 6 min little lamb 2
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 6 min Earl 2
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 45 min Paul Porter1 213
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 49 min Paul Porter1 20,497
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 244,720
More from around the web