Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2637 Feb 2, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm against all sin equally. Clearly homosexuality is a sin, yet the homosexuals and their "defenders" want to LIE and try to TWIST the Word of God. That is disgusting and despicable!
Only a complete piece of low-life trash would outright LIE about God's Holy Word!!!!!!!!!!
This is what infuriates so many REAL Christians.
And yet, here you are, outright LYING about God's Holy Word.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2638 Feb 2, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, because OKAY refuted a claim?
No, because OKAY is sitting here quoting crap in an attempt to characterize gay people.

All he has to do is ASK US. We're right here. We'll tell you if what you are reading is true or not. We'll tell you whatever you ask, within reason.

Either you come here for honest dialogue, or you come here to post crap you suppose is true but of which you have no firsthand knowledge.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2639 Feb 2, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, it's not.
Satan loves to twist the "judge not" verses, which are about judging hypocritically, but anyone who has ever read and studied the bible knows that Christians are to "JUDGE RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT". This is crystal clear throughout the scriptures.
REAL Christians do love our fellow man. We are trying to warn the masses to repent and come to Jesus before it's too late. We have to speak out against SIN..........
Look in the mirror and start warning right there.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2640 Feb 2, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Tony,
We have the Bible and it is truth. Yes, he did and you are not his child you are a practicing homosexual who is disobeying God. I have the truth his name is Jesus so why would I still be looking? You are the one that is opposite of a true Christian practicing an abomination God forbids.
<quoted text>
So, no answer, as usual. Got it.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2641 Feb 2, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>No, that would be you trying to use anything to pretend that the dirty toilet is not filled with your crap. Straights do not need to reveal anything to gays, the message is in your mind and you can't escape. It is you gays who commit suicide and 91% of you gays contemplate it. No matter how you slice it, the issue is within you and that makes you mentally worse than even pedophiles which are mostly gays anyway.
Here is the thing, if by your group's claims, straights can be closet gays, then that means that all gays are closet pedophiles. Ask NAMBLA, they are your gay leaders.
Oh here we go. Prince Idiot has arrived.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#2642 Feb 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scientific Method is what matters.
I refuse to deny what I've personally witness.

Marysville, CA

#2643 Feb 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
One day, everyone who mistreated gay people and tried to change them instead of accepting the way God made them, will come before God and will have to answer for their sin.
Amen. "What you have done unto the least of my brethren, you have done unto me."
TRYING

Morgantown, WV

#2649 Feb 2, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wednesday, October 10, 2012
`Why do so many Catholics support marriage equality?'
From a column in the National Catholic Reporter by Jamie Manson:
The Roman Catholic Church bases its teaching on homosexuality on its interpretation of natural law, arguing that all sex acts must take place within the state of marriage and must have the potential to procreate.
But the Catholic imagination sees God everywhere, believes that God reveals Godself in all things and understands God can work through any human being or human relationship. By insisting that genital complementarity is an absolute requirement for marriage, the hierarchy places limits on God's power to work within all of the relationships of all God's beloved children.
Those who possess a sacramental view of the world often realize that any human person or relationship that brings love, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, generosity or faithfulness into the world is a sign of God's grace. Perhaps this is the reason so many Catholics defend marriage equality: They have recognized these graces can come forth as much through same-sex couples as heterosexual couples. Those who have a Catholic imagination recognize that a couple's ability to enter into a marriage commitment is not contingent on their anatomies, but on the depth, strength and fruitfulness of their bond.
SADLY to SAY that its a fact, The Catholic Church, can't stand SCRUNITY! They have a hidden past that is coming to light more and more. A CHURCK,! Should not accept the works of Satan as its just a way of showing LOVE. and FORGIVENESS for wrong doing. TRYING. This is just another of many TRUTHS that will be pass into pages , hardly noticed. NOR cared for. If any have the time or caring, back up and READ: LACIs AND BOLDs posts. Theres is scripture. if any care for scriptures. HA! HA! Like I don't know the answer to that one.
TRYING

Morgantown, WV

#2650 Feb 2, 2013
NOT that any care ! BUT, CHURCH was spelled wrong.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#2651 Feb 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
One day, everyone who mistreated gay people and tried to change them instead of accepting the way God made them, will come before God and will have to answer for their sin.
I have been a Pastor more then 20 years, I preach/teach the Bible in truth. I will not in any way water the word of God to fit anyone lifestyle. Same sex marriage and homosexuality, gays will all burn in hell that is just FACT. God never made anyone "gay" a lifestyle like that is by choice, and there is no such thing as a gay Christian.

My advice is if you got a lifestyle like this you better put a stop to it right now, or pay for it the hard way. I have told you the truth, no man made lies, I have done this in love, to help you now the choice is yours to do no one else. Your choice is hell or Heaven, you will face God and you will be judge on your lifestyle its all up to you!!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2652 Feb 2, 2013
Jane Dodo,
Yes there are many x homosexuals and they are now living heterosexual lives and some are even married. So you want to go and tempt them in their old sin is that what the test is? Why would you want to make them fall back into their old sexual sinful lifestyle? You must be one hard up person to do something as nasty as that to anyone. That is like sticking a needle in front of a heroin addict to see if they will pick up the needle to use again. No one in their right mind would do that to a drug addict or an alcoholic. Homosexuality is a chosen lifestyle and that has been proven by many going into it then years leaving it.
<quoted text>
Not true, but keep drinking the kool-aid. I just want them to take "the test" to see if they are telling the truth. The only reason you believe them is because they all have a mouth full of jesus.

Homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle. It is a sexual orientation. One cannot choose who they are attracted to, and lying about that attraction doesn't make it go away. It turns people into religious kooks that frequent on-line gay forums in an attempt to ease their own guilty conscience.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2653 Feb 2, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> I have been a Pastor more then 20 years, I preach/teach the Bible in truth. I will not in any way water the word of God to fit anyone lifestyle. Same sex marriage and homosexuality, gays will all burn in hell that is just FACT. God never made anyone "gay" a lifestyle like that is by choice, and there is no such thing as a gay Christian.
My advice is if you got a lifestyle like this you better put a stop to it right now, or pay for it the hard way. I have told you the truth, no man made lies, I have done this in love, to help you now the choice is yours to do no one else. Your choice is hell or Heaven, you will face God and you will be judge on your lifestyle its all up to you!!
Get some new material. That tired shit closes out of town.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2654 Feb 2, 2013
Tony,
It will be you in for the big surprise one day when you find out God never made you that way.
OH yeah? And just how do YOU intend to verify that? You can't. It's just a fear-mongering lie, a feeble minded attempt to lay a guilt trip on somebody.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2655 Feb 2, 2013
Tony
There is no marriage between two men.
Denial of reality doesn't change it.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2656 Feb 2, 2013
Dana Robertson,
Learn scripture before you quote it. The verses what you have done unto the least of my brethren is speaking to the believers in Christ who are living the Christian life not some homosexual who defies God. Tony is not a born again Christian he is a homosexual who needs to repent and come to Christ.
<quoted text>
Hey looney tune! There was no such thing as "christians living a christian life" when Jesus said "Whatever you have done unto the least of these, you have done it unto me."
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2657 Feb 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to deny what I've personally witness.
Do you believe Las Vegas magicians have the power to cut people in half and then rejoin the parts? You can't believe everything you see.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#2658 Feb 2, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wednesday, October 10, 2012
`Why do so many Catholics support marriage equality?'
From a column in the National Catholic Reporter by Jamie Manson:
The Roman Catholic Church bases its teaching on homosexuality on its interpretation of natural law, arguing that all sex acts must take place within the state of marriage and must have the potential to procreate.
But the Catholic imagination sees God everywhere, believes that God reveals God self in all things and understands God can work through any human being or human relationship. By insisting that genital complementarity is an absolute requirement for marriage, the hierarchy places limits on God's power to work within all of the relationships of all God's beloved children.
Those who possess a sacramental view of the world often realize that any human person or relationship that brings love, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, generosity or faithfulness into the world is a sign of God's grace. Perhaps this is the reason so many Catholics defend marriage equality: They have recognized these graces can come forth as much through same-sex couples as heterosexual couples. Those who have a Catholic imagination recognize that a couple's ability to enter into a marriage commitment is not contingent on their anatomies, but on the depth, strength and fruitfulness of their bond.
FALSE, from day one of the RCC was put on this earth by Satan not God. Do you understand what is going on in the RCC for the pass 40 or better. Preacher's are having sex with children. Now if you call that being a Christian, then there is something wrong with you girl real bad. Same sex marriage and gays is against the laws of God and those people will burn in hell for every FACT!!

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#2659 Feb 2, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some new material. That tired shit closes out of town.
I don't need new material, God words never change it stays the same now and ever FACT!!
Jit Kan Do

Indianapolis, IN

#2660 Feb 2, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> FALSE, from day one of the RCC was put on this earth by Satan not God. Do you understand what is going on in the RCC for the pass 40 or better. Preacher's are having sex with children. Now if you call that being a Christian, then there is something wrong with you girl real bad. Same sex marriage and gays is against the laws of God and those people will burn in hell for every FACT!!
Wow what a great comment, its a home run Pastor.

Marysville, CA

#2661 Feb 2, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Las Vegas magicians have the power to cut people in half and then rejoin the parts? You can't believe everything you see.
I know what I've experienced, you don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 min raider4life 19,814
Religion Isn't Responsible for Violence 6 min godless by choice 9
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 230,886
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Oxbow 550,603
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 13 min godless by choice 219,534
A New Wave Of Islam 18 min Really 10
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 22 min Causeless Rebellion 379,652

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE