Barbara Simpson, conserv. Radio Talker Fired from Ksfo Am

May 7, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

If you listen to terrestrial radio, and live in the San Francisco Bay Area, north of San Jose, you most likely have heard of KSFO AM.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 20
Mark

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Barbara Simpson is a very professional talk show host. It is a sad shame that managers of KSFO have fired her. i hope she is returning to the airwaves soon. I miss her and I will boycott KSFO by not listening anymore. No, the station is disrespectful to others.

Barbara, If you are reading this, I have said a prayer for you and your family, and there is more to life than talk show radio. Could you consider having some kind of stage show or place where we could listen to you speak. I would pay for that. Maybe you could speak at some venue and invite people.

Anyway, life goes on Barbara. The world is not running too smoothly, and we must always remember to adapt to life for things change.

My family and I live in San Jose and we sincerely thank you for the kind talk show program we so much enjoyed you put on for the past 19 years. We do. We know you did your program as a labor of love.

Forget about writing a book, nobody even is able to read anymore.

But, I will promise you, that if you do write a book, I will buy one.

Thank you Barbara Simpson.

We truly love you as a person, and as a talk show host.

Mark in San Jose, California
vicky laster

Greensboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

hi mark my name is vicky laster iam 39 year s old and my mo mgot me so so mad today she made not watch tv and music that was not rigth of her and i want to move out of my home and have aboyfriend this name is tom cruise and i want to live with him and that will make me so happy

from vicky laster from greensboro ga i need to be loved
Lola from San Jose

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Bring Barbara Simpson back. She is the best. I loved listening to her show. She was not afraid to speak her mind. We need more people like her in this Country. People that tell the truth.
I miss you Barbara,
Lola
debbie

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 23

I am really hating ksfo this last year and a half or so! Firing Barbara Simpson was the straw that broke the camel's back! Bye-bye and good luck(u need it), ksfo!
Manfred Wolf

Newark, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

I happily listened to her interviews with authors, and I was continually impressed by the extent of her preparation. Very few hosts have long interviews (though John Batchelor is a stellar exception).

But Barbara Simpson did have a major flaw as a talk show host: her dominant mode was indignation. She was always indignant, even about things that a few years before she had supported -- eg., the war in Iraq.

I think listeners, even conservative ones, are tired of constant ranting and glib Obama-bashing.

Still, I hate to see her go. She was a cut above some of the others on that station.
Manfred Wolf
Rpger from San Francisco

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

I really miss Barbara's show on the weekend. I am not sure why KSFO would fire someone who was so popular and certainly thereby profitable to the station. It does not add up as a sound business decision but more of a back room deal with some very perverse political overtones. Perhaps Barbara was just too good for the power brokers in the area.

I certainly miss her professionalism and indepth interviews, For one, I appreciated her anger as there is a lot to be angry about! And if you are not angry about what is happening in this country, then you musy be a liberal or someone of that ilk. I don't listen to KSFO on the weekends. Just not a place on the radio where I want to spend my time.
Meds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 18

vicky laster wrote:
hi mark my name is vicky laster iam 39 year s old and my mo mgot me so so mad today she made not watch tv and music that was not rigth of her and i want to move out of my home and have aboyfriend this name is tom cruise and i want to live with him and that will make me so happy
from vicky laster from greensboro ga i need to be loved
Vicky, it's time to take your meds.
colsteve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 20

The once proud and independent Hot Talk KSFO is a shadow of it's former self. What set them apart is their local talent and aggressiveness that was not found elsewhere. hey have silenced the last voice of that era. Mike savage is only anchored to KSF but they let him go years ago as a local man.

I still miss Jim Eason and Geoff Metcalf. Lee and Melanie in the morning were superb! Brian is good but his sidekick is a bit annoying at times but she'll hopefully get better. Officer Vic was fun too!

I like Spencer Hughes but he's up against a great XM show, Wilkow and Rush. He needs another time slot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••