Kentucky Derby ratings up for NBC as women tune in

There are 1 comment on the Los Angeles Times story from May 8, 2012, titled Kentucky Derby ratings up for NBC as women tune in. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Last Saturday's race - won by the dark horse I'll Have Another - gathered 14.8 million total viewers, up 2% from last year, according to Nielsen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

hal

Sydney, Australia

#1 May 8, 2012
Los Angeles Times.

Kentucky Derby ratings up for NBC as women tune in
May 8, 2012 | 3:11 pm

What's the most popular annual sporting event on TV among female viewers? NBC's Kentucky Derby coverage.

Last Saturday's race won by the dark horse I'll Have Another gathered 14.8 million total viewers, up 2% from last year, according to Nielsen. It was the third-most-watched Derby in 23 years.

Even more noteworthy: 51% of viewers age 18 or over were women, making the Derby the only annual sporting event that draws more female than male viewers.

Future's looking good then.
Keep it up JMA.
On to Baltimore.
Then New York.
Incidentally, of the four big 3yo events internationally last weekend, Kentucky Derby/Oaks, 2000/1000 Guineas in the UK, the most impressive winner was Homecoming Queen, in the British 1000 Guineas at Newmarket.
You might get to see her late in the year there at the Breeders Cup meets.
Aiden O'Brien trains, and he travels.
He had Daddy Long Legs in the KD.
Are you going to follow up on I'll have Another in The Preakness?
He'll be a chance again, but you won't get those odds next time.
He'll either win, or run 5th.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Derby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are your picks for the Derby this year and... Apr 28 haveittodayray 1
News California Chrome leads poll heading into Belmont (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fire Sale 7
News Churchill Downs claims it overpaid Welker (May '14) May '14 Fred 1
News California Chrome a heavy favorite in Preakness (May '14) May '14 kristinhgill 1
News What's in a name for 19 Kentucky Derby horses (May '14) May '14 Alana 1
Poll Best Thing About the Derby? (May '14) May '14 Kentucky Derby De... 1
GONZO, the Derby, Decadence, & Depravity. 43 Ye... (May '14) May '14 Kentucky Derby De... 1
More from around the web