I'll Have Another surges to win 138th Kentucky Derby

Full story: CNN
I'll Have Another cut loose on the home stretch to run down Bodemeister and earn the first Kentucky Derby wins for his rider and trainer Saturday. Full Story

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 May 5, 2012
KUDOS to this Kentucky Derby winner!!! A bit of humor directed at his name will forge ahead of him, fer sure. Imagine, you are in the pub with your pals and chatting about this winning horse and speaking his name in conversation..."I'll Have Another" repeatedly..the bar keep keeps setting them up..EVERY TIME YOU MENTION THIS HORSE'S NAME...could get a bit pricey, I would think..
Aquarius-WY

Hamilton, MT

#2 May 5, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
KUDOS to this Kentucky Derby winner!!! A bit of humor directed at his name will forge ahead of him, fer sure. Imagine, you are in the pub with your pals and chatting about this winning horse and speaking his name in conversation..."I'll Have Another" repeatedly..the bar keep keeps setting them up..EVERY TIME YOU MENTION THIS HORSE'S NAME...could get a bit pricey, I would think..
I just love watching a no name run down the most talked about favorites in the last 300 yards and win going away. I just love it. I'd love it even more if I had enough sense to plunk down about ten sawbucks on number 19.
How you doing CC? Long time no see.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 May 5, 2012
I'll Have Another mint julep please.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#4 May 5, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love watching a no name run down the most talked about favorites in the last 300 yards and win going away. I just love it. I'd love it even more if I had enough sense to plunk down about ten sawbucks on number 19.
How you doing CC? Long time no see.
OMG!!! Aquarius-WY How the heck are ya?? I was JUST thinking about ya last nite..thinking baccccck on some of the older threads. Appears you are well, am happy for that. I remembered you favored wild game..still hunting? yes, let's have another round of mint juleps....my treat! ROCK ON!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5 May 6, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!!! Aquarius-WY How the heck are ya?? I was JUST thinking about ya last nite..thinking baccccck on some of the older threads. Appears you are well, am happy for that. I remembered you favored wild game..still hunting? yes, let's have another round of mint juleps....my treat! ROCK ON!
Yep, still hunting. Right now the prey is bargains at the veggie plant shop. I am so anxious to get the garden going this year, but Mother Nature has other ideas so far. Down to 26 degrees this AM when I checked at 5:30.
The only thing I really hunt is elk, and I put in for a buffalo every year. Anything smaller is just too much killing for me, and an elk or a buffalo will last a long time. Hard to get a buffalo permit though. Last year I was number 2,600 and some in the drawing when they only drew 450 permits. Missed it by a mile. LOL I won't find out how I did this year until May 22. I post on a Baltimore news thread under "cruelty of bowhunting". It would be great to get your input on that thread if you are interested in posting with some vile Animal Rights Activists. There are some great minds on that thread, and the hunters are civil and bring compelling arguments to the table.
Take care of yourself and keep fighting the good fight. The future of our republic is depending on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Derby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California Chrome leads poll heading into Belmont (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fire Sale 7
Churchill Downs claims it overpaid Welker (May '14) May '14 Fred 1
California Chrome a heavy favorite in Preakness (May '14) May '14 kristinhgill 1
What's in a name for 19 Kentucky Derby horses (May '14) May '14 Alana 1
Best Thing About the Derby? (May '14) May '14 Kentucky Derby De... 1
GONZO, the Derby, Decadence, & Depravity. 43 Ye... (May '14) May '14 Kentucky Derby De... 1
Russian trainer hopes Big Bazinga helps realize... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ryan 2
More from around the web