Can't a Preakness winner get a little...

Can't a Preakness winner get a little respect?

There are 2 comments on the TheCabin.net story from Jun 9, 2011, titled Can't a Preakness winner get a little respect?. In it, TheCabin.net reports that:

Talk about a tough crowd. Dissed by the owner of Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom one day, dismissed as the third betting choice for the Belmont Stakes another, Preakness winner Shackleford is still considered an underdog for Saturday's final leg of the Triple Crown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheCabin.net.

Mike Abernathy

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jun 10, 2011
I believe that Nehro has a very good chance in this race in that he is out of a New York
champion, Mineshaft who was awesome at the Classic distances. In addition he hit the lead near
the head of the stretch in the Derby, so he won't be too far back in the Belmont. He will have
to gut it out and hold off Master of Hounds, Mucho Macho Man, and Brilliant Speed. I don't
believe that Animal Kingdom , or Shackleford, have a chance to hit the board here as they are
not New York horses. Animal Kingdom got alot of help last time by coming in from FairHill Farm
just hours before the race, which is suspicious as to the reason behind doing this and not
staying overnight; they won't be able to pull that this time in NY. Shackleford had to run
clean in the Derby but got his stuff in the Preakness (as he did in the Florida Derby) and
found another 1/8th of a mile as he thought he was Pegasus flying to Heaven for that extra
$550,000 bonus; he won't get that at Belmont. Shackleford's brother, The Green Monkey (both out
of sprinter, Forestry), would probably have just as good a chance winning this race as he does.
It's going to be very difficult carrying that heavily muscled, Schwarzenegger, body around
Belmont's 1 1/2 miles when you have a short-distance pedigree. Box 1, 5, 6, 10. I think Nehro,
Master of Hounds, Mucho Macho Man, and Brilliant Speed will take up the first three spots. Box
those horses in the exacta plus trifecta, and you can't go wrong. I studied all of the races
at the Triple Crown Primer page, where you can study and watch all of the races on one page,
plus they have all of the Belmont Info.on that page. I did it for the Preakness and Ky Derby
and benefited. The Page is called The Belmont Primer Page and is here: http://winby5.com/belmont.html
bailout my duck

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Jun 10, 2011
who gets the rocket fuel injections and who gets a belly full of rocks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Stakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Chrome leads poll heading into Belmont (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fire Sale 7
News Wife of top trainer dies in house fire: Horse R... (Apr '11) Sep '13 real horseman 3
News Palace Malice Scores Upset In Belmont Stakes (Jun '13) Jun '13 quilterqueen 4
News Secretariat's winning time changed (Jun '12) Jun '12 Bama Yankee 2
News I'll Have Another surges to win 138th Kentucky ... (May '12) May '12 Aquarius-WY 5
News Police: Jockey Desormeaux hit cop with car (Sep '11) Sep '11 morgan 1
News Click to read:Long shot Ruler on Ice wins the B... (Jun '11) Jun '11 bailout my duck 1
More from around the web