Summer Bird wins Belmont Stakes, Mine That Bird third

Full story: Canada.com
Summer Bird, trained by Tim Ice and ridden by Kent Desormeaux, won the Belmont Stakes on Saturday. Read more
BelmontPost

Ellicott City, MD

#1 Jun 6, 2009
That was an awesome race! I thought Mine That Bird was going to pull it off... http://belmontpost.blogspot.com/ has placement for all horses.
Trainer

Sharpsburg, MD

#2 Jun 6, 2009
Calvin diden't do his best Woolley even said he geared him up to soon. He should of waited till the stretch to move him. He was still the best in the race even though he was 3rd.All in a day of racing
Triple Crown

Waterville, ME

#3 Jun 6, 2009
Trainer wrote:
Calvin diden't do his best Woolley even said he geared him up to soon. He should of waited till the stretch to move him. He was still the best in the race even though he was 3rd.All in a day of racing
Looks like that could be attributed to a lack of experience on that race track?

Why does this joker keep starting threads that just make some foolish statement and provide a blog address? He's done it like 6 times.

I suppose all will be back to normal here in a few days when these fly-by-nights get sick of their useless typing/
Trainer

Sharpsburg, MD

#4 Jun 6, 2009
I think Calvin was to high on himself not realizing Belmont is not an easy track to win on if you never has a race over the surface before.
The guy who is posting all over the place is either trying to sell or just has nothing else to do. I don't follow links on forum could be a virus.
Did you see where Smith came in a bad 4Th in the C. W. race. Look as if a lot of long shots were there today.
I give these guys a week and things will be back to normal.Then it will start up again at the time for the Breeders Races.
Triple Crown

Waterville, ME

#5 Jun 6, 2009
Trainer wrote:
I think Calvin was to high on himself not realizing Belmont is not an easy track to win on if you never has a race over the surface before.
The guy who is posting all over the place is either trying to sell or just has nothing else to do. I don't follow links on forum could be a virus.
Did you see where Smith came in a bad 4Th in the C. W. race. Look as if a lot of long shots were there today.
I give these guys a week and things will be back to normal.Then it will start up again at the time for the Breeders Races.
The horse didnt run well at all. I believe he was a 5/2 co second choice and raced din good position but had no punch in the stretch.Another Juddmonte winner for Frankel as favorite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont Stakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Chrome leads poll heading into Belmont (Jun '14) Jun '14 Fire Sale 7
News Wife of top trainer dies in house fire: Horse R... (Apr '11) Sep '13 real horseman 3
News Palace Malice Scores Upset In Belmont Stakes (Jun '13) Jun '13 quilterqueen 4
News Secretariat's winning time changed (Jun '12) Jun '12 Bama Yankee 2
News I'll Have Another surges to win 138th Kentucky ... (May '12) May '12 Aquarius-WY 5
News Police: Jockey Desormeaux hit cop with car (Sep '11) Sep '11 morgan 1
News Click to read:Long shot Ruler on Ice wins the B... (Jun '11) Jun '11 bailout my duck 1
More from around the web