Earnhardt feels closer to return to V...

Earnhardt feels closer to return to Victory Lane

There are 171 comments on the Hawk Eye story from Apr 14, 2012, titled Earnhardt feels closer to return to Victory Lane. In it, Hawk Eye reports that:

FORT WORTH, Texas - Dale Earnhardt Jr. seems so close to finally winning again. There was his runner-up finish in the season-opening Daytona 500 and consecutive third-place finishes before the Easter weekend break.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hawk Eye.

Texas Female Racefan

Lumberton, TX

#115 May 28, 2012
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Good God, it is true, once you get to a certain age your ability to read and understand does go. As I stated in an above post, these threads are in multiples of locations, this one came up in a general sports catagory. NASCAR has always, in the current TV mode, been one to aid to a TV story line to get butts in the stands and in front of a TV. From phantom cautions, to any reason for the good old "Green, white, checker finish, to yes for a three year period the Red Bud #8 and the #15 being the only two cars in NASCAR that could pull out of the pack and pass with no drafting help. Granny, I have been a racing fan since Joe Weatherly and Eddie Sachs was winning races and for a couple of years was on the pit crew of a NASCAR team. So I understand how NASCAR will assist a story line such as Joonyer or Danica. If the interest and ability to sell tickets is there they will make sure that there is press coverage there.
By the way, I told you that Kurt Busch has one Cup championship, you forgot to tell me how many cup championships Joonyer has.
I read and understand just fine...you are crazy...lmao
It really doesn't matter if you post on a dale jr forum, general sports forum, or the bathroom stall at the closest truck stop...if you don't like Dale...why waste your time?
So based on your post...do you actually believe Nascar planned the 15 & 8 car to be leading at Daytona in 2001 with Dale Sr in 3rd place or did this insider info that you get from working on a pit crew occur after he died...give me a break!
Kurt Busch is a great driver and if he would change his attitude he would probably have more championships but i could care less because he is not my driver...and also he had a terrible race at Coca Cola 600 but that's a story for his forum.
If Nascar really wants to add more butts in the stands...maybe they should just hire you...since you're so in the know about everything.
Go Jr...and Tony.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#117 May 29, 2012
Figuratively Speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian, it won't matter....
When (or if)#88 wins it will because of one of the following:
1)he cheated
2)NASCAR cheated
3)rain delay
4)someone wrecks
5)fuel mileage
6) blah, blah, blah
The circumstances under which the race ends will not matter because his win will be discredited by the haters.
Not hating, just saying, Dale Jr MAY win a race again, maybe two, but I firmly believe that the days of multiple wins per year and championship runs are long past. Time is just about right for Jr's summer slump to begin......
Texas Female Racefan

Lumberton, TX

#118 May 29, 2012
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not hard to see that you have spent your entire life as a race fan on the OUTSIDE of the walls. You are so very typical of the TV fan that NASCAR thought would be the heart and soul of racing and in the past few years that decision has bitten them in their butt, mostly the left side where their wallet stays. Grannie, I would dare to say that you have attended no more than eight live cup races in your life and you get your information on fourms like this and from NASCAR sites like jayski and the ultimate bought by NASCAR Darrel Waltrip. Fact is that in his early days there were a four man party gang who loved to drink and dabble in the chemical side of fun. Three of the tight friends were driven out of NASCAR for the protection of the fourth and he is still racing. The other three were Kevin Grubbs, Casey Atwood and Shane Hameal (spelling ?). They and the still current racing member of that party group were always referenced as the "Party Group of Four". Grannie, I will bet you that you are one of those who think that Danica and Travis are both in Nation Wide and in the Danica case cup racing because of the ability they have shown as a NASCAR driver capable of being competitive. Many of the people who have been in the sport, long enough, realize that they are the current two headed cow or the blockhead man of carnivals of days gone by. They are nothing but fakes offered up in the name of attempting to get more fans. Much the same way that the empty driver's suit with the name Earnhardt on it keeps a top ride despite stats that show him as a less than winning driver.
Not sure what all your rant has to do with my post!
I am just a typical race fan from Texas...love to take the grandkids to the local dirt track on Friday nights.

If you don't like Dale Jr...so be it...that is your opinion.
But maybe you should check on an anger management class!
Oh and by the way...just because Danaca is a female doesn't mean I have a closet full of Go Daddy T-shirts...
Have a great life...cause I am through wasting any more time reading your nonsense.

Good luck to Jr @ Dover

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#119 May 30, 2012
Texas Female Racefan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what all your rant has to do with my post!
I am just a typical race fan from Texas...love to take the grandkids to the local dirt track on Friday nights.
If you don't like Dale Jr...so be it...that is your opinion.
But maybe you should check on an anger management class!
Oh and by the way...just because Danaca is a female doesn't mean I have a closet full of Go Daddy T-shirts...
Have a great life...cause I am through wasting any more time reading your nonsense.
Good luck to Jr @ Dover
Joonyer needs more than luck.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#120 May 30, 2012
Even if he doesn"t win most of the time atleast he adds something to some of these boring races Nascar has to offer.

Location hidden

#122 May 31, 2012
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
One points paying race in over three years, I guess that qualifies as not winning most of the time. By the way, what does Joonyer have to offer? Just another 10th place car attempting to stay on the lead lap.
I don't like Joonyer, but I am a Hendrick Motorsports fan. Ya gotta give it to him, he is running very good. Steve Letart brought his long term plan with the 24 car to the 88 team. Steve has been learning more about his position since Jeff gave him the opportunity. I believe Steve will be a champion crew chief with HMS at some time. I also believe if you cannot win races with him and HMS equipment, you probably should let the ride go to another driver with more skills than your performance has proven for the last 4 years.

Location hidden

#123 May 31, 2012
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
One points paying race in over three years, I guess that qualifies as not winning most of the time. By the way, what does Joonyer have to offer? Just another 10th place car attempting to stay on the lead lap.
He brings more people into Nascar just by statring a race than alot of drivers ever do but watch out when he does win a race Nascar nation will go crazy.
Hilton Head

Orlando, FL

#125 Jun 1, 2012
Grogan wrote:
<quoted text>He brings more people into Nascar just by statring a race than alot of drivers ever do but watch out when he does win a race Nascar nation will go crazy.
There are those of us who appreciate fast cars and racing and don't consider ourselves a part of any sports nation. Your junior nation may go crazy if he wins a race, but I wouldn't think that it would make that much of a difference considering his poor perfomance in the last four years. Why would a win by junior be any more meaningful than Kahne's win last week?

Location hidden

#126 Jun 1, 2012
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>There are those of us who appreciate fast cars and racing and don't consider ourselves a part of any sports nation. Your junior nation may go crazy if he wins a race, but I wouldn't think that it would make that much of a difference considering his poor perfomance in the last four years. Why would a win by junior be any more meaningful than Kahne's win last week?
The only thing a win would do for Joonyer is to keep him from being relegated to #4 in the HMS cup organization hahaha! It is inevitable that Kasey will win more races, thus Joonyer will be at the bottom. This shouldn't be a problem for Joonyer cause he's been there for 4 years. I can hear it now, "don't forget to turn off the lights and lock the door after you finish sweeping the floor Joonyer!".

Since: Jun 12

lebanon

#127 Jun 1, 2012
i personally love dale Earnhardt he may not win every time he races but he does go out there and try his hardest. so what y'all need to do is to stop talkin that bullshyt!

Location hidden

#128 Jun 1, 2012
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody doubts his fan base, however, that has nothing to do with the fact that at this point in his career he is STUPID. People who have worked with him have always said that he did not know what to tell them about how the car was acting and that is the main problem with the 88 team not being able to keep up with the track. Letart was brought on as crew chief, babysitter and cheerleader in an attempt to get Joonyer to work at his craft and learn all of the aspects of being a driver who can help with keeping the car ahead to changes in the track.
Stupid drivers crash cars, Dale Jr. simply does not smack his equipment up every time he gets in his car and not talking just about this year, even in years past.You don't drive this long and not having a clue what is going on just because a driver doesn't win does not make him stupid.

Location hidden

#130 Jun 1, 2012
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>There are those of us who appreciate fast cars and racing and don't consider ourselves a part of any sports nation. Your junior nation may go crazy if he wins a race, but I wouldn't think that it would make that much of a difference considering his poor perfomance in the last four years. Why would a win by junior be any more meaningful than Kahne's win last week?
It wouldn't make a difference in the last four years because of his perfomance like you have stated but this year is a different story being one of the best drivers so far in Sprint car. Only driver so far this year to finish every lap in every race but not to take away from Kahne at all,he needed that win to keep his career in racing going in the right direction as same as Earnhardt Jr. is in need of a good year.

Location hidden

#131 Jun 1, 2012
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he has always been known as a somewhat stupid driver unable to learn how to communicate with his pitcrew and tell them what is going on with the car and what changes to make. Joonyer has always been known as a crew chief killer because of his lack of ability to help with the needed infromation. How many crew chiefs has joonyer been through since going to Hendrick?
I don't how many crew chiefs he has off hand with Hendrick but from what I heard from previous crew chiefs such as McGrew,Rondeau and the Eurys, never had a bad thing to say about Earnhardt Jr.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#133 Jun 7, 2012
Congrats go out to jr on another superb performance at the "Prelude". Yes, jr agains proves why he is the greatest driver of all time.
who cares

Mount Hope, WV

#134 Jun 9, 2012
Grogan wrote:
Even if he doesn"t win most of the time atleast he adds something to some of these boring races Nascar has to offer.
Even if he doesn't win most of the time? Hell, he doesn't win any time!

Location hidden

#135 Jun 9, 2012
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if he doesn't win most of the time? Hell, he doesn't win any time!
Hahahahaha!! I just now realized what that moron was saying....Thanks brother....still laughing at Joonyer and ALL of his fans...
who cares

Mount Hope, WV

#137 Jun 10, 2012
Well, gooooooooonior lost........again.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#138 Jun 11, 2012
Looking at jrs historical performance, Michigan is usually the start of the summer slump that will carry through to the end of the year. 3 more top tens max....

Location hidden

#139 Jun 11, 2012
How did you like the way TNT portrayed Joonyer at the end of the race? Hahahaha! This dude really is dumber than he looks and TNT aired the jibberish.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

#140 Jun 11, 2012
Jr's dumb hick routine is no act!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jimmie Johnson, Chad Knaus stick together to ch... Apr 3 SoundPhart 24
News NASCAR's Jamie McMurray enjoying resurgence at ... Apr 2 Resurgence Phart 2
News Bizarre Cristiano Ronaldo bust unveiled as Port... Mar 29 unveiled phart 4
News NASCAR HOFer Mark Martin sees no issue with Veg... Mar '17 Light Phartce 4
News NASCAR Xfinity: Dash 4 Cash program kicks off a... Mar '17 MorePhartz 2
News NASCAR Considers Making Its Cars Quieter, Which... Mar '17 StagePhartss 8
News Race car driver Klutt revved up about future (Sep '15) Mar '17 RatePharttz 16
More from around the web