Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. Too Nice to Win the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship?

Apr 22, 2013 Full story: BleacherReport 31

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a terrific ad pitchman and entrepreneur, a more-than-occasional gracious and generous host to some of NASCAR's up-and-coming stars.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#22 May 8, 2013
hatchet wrote:
I was at the Michigan race last year when Joonyer won. His car was way better than any other car on the track, much more that it didn't seem real. It surely wasn't his driving ability that won the race. Any of the 43 drivers that started would have won if they were in the 88 that day.
Jr is one lucky dog, he got a "wave around" post race inspection after that race.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#23 May 10, 2013
Jr. has never been the win at all cost driver that his father was. Jr. has never had any obligation to anyone to be the same type of drive that his father was. His only obligation was to be as good a driver as he could within his value system, not his father's. Dale Sr. would have felt validated spinning his own mother in order to win. Jr. has never been that type driver from day one and never will be. If he had been, he would have killed some of the punks that purposefully wrecked him just because he was Dale Earnhardt Jr. back in his late model racing days. I saw a lot of his racing back then at Southern National Speedway and Myrtle Beach, and the punks really loved to crash him just because who he was for bragging rights. I think going through this type of situation taught him to have respect for other drivers especially since his own father often treated other drivers in this disrespectful manner.

Since: Nov 09

New Orleans, LA

#24 May 10, 2013
Whoyakidding wrote:
Jr. has never been the win at all cost driver that his father was. Jr. has never had any obligation to anyone to be the same type of drive that his father was. His only obligation was to be as good a driver as he could within his value system, not his father's. Dale Sr. would have felt validated spinning his own mother in order to win. Jr. has never been that type driver from day one and never will be. If he had been, he would have killed some of the punks that purposefully wrecked him just because he was Dale Earnhardt Jr. back in his late model racing days. I saw a lot of his racing back then at Southern National Speedway and Myrtle Beach, and the punks really loved to crash him just because who he was for bragging rights. I think going through this type of situation taught him to have respect for other drivers especially since his own father often treated other drivers in this disrespectful manner.
Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy as well?
alert

Brooklyn, NY

#25 May 10, 2013
JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
<quoted text> Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy as well?
sukk it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#27 May 10, 2013
The problem with jr is that he started-off a millionaire...and questions himself..,

With sr, there was only one goal...win
The Truth

Dryden, Canada

#28 May 11, 2013
WWE CRASHCAR 2013 wrote:
"Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. Too Nice to Win the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship?"
Just when you thought the Jr apologist were running out of excuses for his lousy driving record; they come up with this whopper!
Ya, that would be one explanation. They sure grasp at straws looking for excuses don't they. I hear NASCAR is considering a new wildcard points system for the championship next year; merchandise sales to inbred hicks divided by fan votes! Apparently it was suggested by the 88 fan club...

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

#29 May 12, 2013
Whoyakidding wrote:
I always thought you race to win, respectful or not. Irregardless how you 'spin' it his dad was a race driver and jr is a poster boy. That means he fits right in with his current team. With the exception of 48, they are just making laps.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#30 May 12, 2013
I'm sure Hendricks knows Jr is just a Good seller of merchandise. He brings in good sales lol.

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

#31 May 13, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
I'm sure Hendricks knows Jr is just a Good seller of merchandise. He brings in good sales lol.
Exactly!
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

#32 May 14, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
of course he does , if it was any other driver with the record Jr has Hendrick would have dumped him a long time ago , Hendrick has invested ALOT of money in that team , and to see Kahne kicking Jrs butt , Hendrick must be thinking what else he can do to get that team going .... I know Jr is up there in points , but he doesn't show the potential to win a championship ....
pmtrk1790

Oneida, TN

#33 May 31, 2013
I like junior but its too frustrating to be a die hard junior fan. In my opinion he is just not aggressive enough to win a lot of races. When he was in the 8 he had his dad kicking him in the rear. Heck look at Michael Waltrip even he won while driving for him. I think junior don't have that boot in his rear anymore lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward's Aunt Says Tony Stewart Grand Jury Put 'W... 9 hr Hope 84
Vickers captures pole in strange qualifyingfor ... 15 hr DILF 4
Keselowski And Stewart Fined After Charlotte Sc... Sun Let it go 6
Keselowski, Stewart Fined for Postrace Altercation Oct 14 THE BOZO SHOW 1
Quick fix for victims of Kansas? Win at Charlotte Oct 8 Hilton Head 1
It's time to close Formula 1's cockpits Oct 7 ramosel 1
NASCAR's Danica Patrick: Performance 'going in ... Oct 2 Rich 1

Racing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE