Gov't carries out sweeping mob bust i...

Gov't carries out sweeping mob bust in NYC against Gambino family

There are 17 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 7, 2008, titled Gov't carries out sweeping mob bust in NYC against Gambino family. In it, Newsday reports that:

Authorities carried out one of the largest Mafia takedowns in recent memory Thursday when they charged dozens of reputed members of the Gambino crime family with gangland crimes spanning three decades, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Francis3

Atlanta, GA

#2 Feb 7, 2008
I wonder who they had to waterboard to get information used to make the arrests?
BrainAlert

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Feb 7, 2008
CNN's Lou Dobbs:
"President Bush signed a formal agreement that will end the United States as we know it, and he took the step without approval from either the U.S. Congress or the people of the United States." This plan will make the constitution obsolete.

Six senators and 49 house members are bipartisn advisors (chaired by Senator Bob Bennett) for a group working toward the Trans Atlantic Common Market, which will combine the North American Union and European Union by 2015. The plan is being implemented by the Bush administration and has roots in the Clinton administraion.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp...

Hillary, Obama, Edwards, McCain, Romney, and Huckabee all have strong ties to groups pushing it. This source lists members of powerful globalist groups seeking to put world power in the hands of a few.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp...

If we had a constitutionally limited federal government as Ron Paul proposes, we wouldn't have to worry about the NAU or the TAU.
WWE NASCAR

Newtown, CT

#4 Feb 7, 2008
Did they get France and Helton for racketeering?
Micheal

Montgomery, AL

#5 Feb 7, 2008
The family will never break down, they have people everywhere.
Tyrone Greene

Bronx, NY

#6 Feb 7, 2008
BrainAlert wrote:
HILLARY VOTED FOR WAR IN IRAN LAST SEPTEMBER ! IRAN IRAN IRAN !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =L3gQfz8GC0oXX (VIDEO PROOF)
MORE WAR BY CLINTON !
GET YOUR KIDS READY FOR THE DRAFT !
VOTE RON PAUL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. THE ONLY REPUBLICAN WHO CAN BEAT WITCH HILLARY !

Clinton = Edwards = Obama
They get their money from Wall Street and voted to leave 100,000 troops in Iraq.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The ONLY candidate that will stop this oil war:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
You really are a sick, stupid person.

MORON ALERT!!!!
Lee

Austin, TX

#7 Feb 7, 2008
To say that the Gambino Family had it's heyday under John Gotti, is a slap in the face of facts and history. I wish the writer would research Carlo Gambino, and the leaders after him and see that the heyday was not in the 80's, but 20-40 years before the media promoted John Gotti.
Tony the Nose Colerone

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Feb 7, 2008
Too bad their not arresting Dick Cheyenne and Bush
byzinski

Portland, OR

#9 Feb 7, 2008
Are you kidding me? The Mexican/Hispanic/black gangs of America control more drugs and commit more murders than the Mafia ever did. Has the federal government used the RICO act against them? The Mafia is all but dead and yet these gangs (m13, crips, bloods) are growing everyday. Of, course I will be labeled racist. Have you heard of a white gang recently (except for Aryan Brotherhood in prison)? Oh yeah, Hell's Angels is insignificant. They and the Aryan Brotherhood have been hammered recently by the federal government. But of course there is racism. The federal government will come down hard on white criminal organizations and yet use kid gloves in dealing with the black/brown gangs.-- byzinski
Paulie

Latham, NY

#10 Feb 7, 2008
Waste of time and money. Lets spend that money on feeding Americans, and getting them health care.
Frank

New York, NY

#11 Feb 7, 2008
Francis3 wrote:
I wonder who they had to waterboard to get information used to make the arrests?
Guy Fatato I'm sure provided a lot of info for them. As well as the guys who just plead guilty for the gambling charges out of Gallagher's strip club and at a warehouse in New Hyde Park. Kind of strange how a few people got jammed up at both locations and all walked with probation. Put 1 and 1 together.
Frank

New York, NY

#12 Feb 7, 2008
Lee wrote:
To say that the Gambino Family had it's heyday under John Gotti, is a slap in the face of facts and history. I wish the writer would research Carlo Gambino, and the leaders after him and see that the heyday was not in the 80's, but 20-40 years before the media promoted John Gotti.
Actually Gotti was his own downfall. Every other leader before him kept a low profile, didn't want to be seen in public. This dumb guadaloon put himself out in the spotlight as much as he could. He was Italian afterall...not the smartest bunch of people. Look how many of these clowns have already gone to jail and/or have beaten raps and STILL they go right back to a life of lawlessness, murder and crime.
vernon smuckers

Kearney, MO

#13 Feb 7, 2008
BrainAlert is a moron! VOTE HILLARY!!!
Jimmy The Greek

Hamden, CT

#14 Feb 7, 2008
We should lock down our borders instead of getting involved in this nonsense. Love live la cosa nostra!
Tom

West Babylon, NY

#15 Feb 7, 2008
in no way am i advocating crime even though nothing has been prooven yet. I feel the federal government spends too much time focusing on italian organized crime.I guess that they feel Russian,Albanian and other mobsters so not pose as big of a threat as the italian -americans. This to me is clear cut prejudice which stems back 100 years ago.
Third Watch

Westwood, NJ

#16 Feb 7, 2008
Score one for the good guys[F.B.I.] Way to go taking down criminal mafia scumbags, lowlifes who refuse to get a job and think it is alright to steal, murder,intimidate because they are lazy bastards who don't want to work. They surely will rot in jail good for those sorry sacks of sh!t.
DRP

Long Beach, CA

#17 Feb 9, 2008
to byzinski
Portland, OR,
dont state anything that you do not know about. from the sound of it all you get your info from is the damn t.v. shows that talk about the few under ground orginized crime. look up a few serches on other mobs such as "mongoles" oh and its "MS-13" dip shit...
the gov doenst pick and choose it spread to the heavy hitters and tried to knock out what it=s called the 1%... if you know what that means then you know whats going on...
think dont be stupid byzinski Portland, OR.
byzinski

United States

#18 Jan 19, 2009
DRP wrote:
to byzinski
Portland, OR,
dont state anything that you do not know about. from the sound of it all you get your info from is the damn t.v. shows that talk about the few under ground orginized crime. look up a few serches on other mobs such as "mongoles" oh and its "MS-13" dip shit...
the gov doenst pick and choose it spread to the heavy hitters and tried to knock out what it=s called the 1%... if you know what that means then you know whats going on...
think dont be stupid byzinski Portland, OR.
Stupid is stupid does. Learn to spell, stupid, before you give me lessons on stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR Cup: hearing set in lawsuit against Tony... 6 hr Manic bitch 3
News Chase for championship: Elliott a NASCAR title ... 21 hr Yes phartse 8
News Kasey Kahne gets new NASCAR crew chief for fina... Tue HopePhartse 5
News With zero wins, Danica Patrick belongs in NASCA... Sep 15 SoPhartse 2
News NASCAR Cup: Subway drops Daniel Suarez Sep 14 TacoPhartse 9
News Patrick at career crossroads as days as driver ... Sep 13 And Phartse 2
News Column: NASCAR must button up its issues before... Sep 11 ItsPhaarts 2
More from around the web