Danica Patrick wins pole for NASCAR's...

Danica Patrick wins pole for NASCAR's Daytona 500

There are 40 comments on the WHAS11 story from Feb 18, 2013, titled Danica Patrick wins pole for NASCAR's Daytona 500. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

Danica Patrick has won the Daytona 500 pole, becoming the first woman to secure the top spot for any Sprint Cup race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pig Benis

Louisville, KY

#1 Feb 19, 2013
This was rigged from the very start,anything to put people in the stands.
bite me

Dallas, TX

#2 Feb 20, 2013
I heard she is also getting the pole from Ricky Stenhouse....

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 20, 2013
Good for her! Its about time we see a female lead for the start of a race.
Pig Benis

Louisville, KY

#4 Feb 20, 2013
sandy63 wrote:
Good for her! Its about time we see a female lead for the start of a race.
It's all good when she's on the track alone qualifying,but wait til 43 other drivers pass her weak ass up...hopefully one will run her into a wall!Then she can do what all women are put on this earth to do,make men sandwiches!

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Pig Benis wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good when she's on the track alone qualifying,but wait til 43 other drivers pass her weak ass up...hopefully one will run her into a wall!Then she can do what all women are put on this earth to do,make men sandwiches!
I know she most likely won't win,but it's nice to see her start the race.My hubby makes his own sandwiches ;-).
Pig Benis

Louisville, KY

#6 Feb 20, 2013
I almost ripped my ears off listening to her interview after the qualifying session.I bet she said "Uhhh" 500 times in 2 minutes!!

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 20, 2013
Pig Benis wrote:
I almost ripped my ears off listening to her interview after the qualifying session.I bet she said "Uhhh" 500 times in 2 minutes!!
LOL....

“Simplicity Complicates Things”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8 Feb 20, 2013
She won't keep the lead long. She'll either forget what the gas pedal's for or she'll find out exactly where the wall is. I liked her when she first came into NASCAR, but she's just not a good enough driver in my opinion, and she really needs to learn how to give an interview.

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Paint Shire wrote:
She won't keep the lead long. She'll either forget what the gas pedal's for or she'll find out exactly where the wall is. I liked her when she first came into NASCAR, but she's just not a good enough driver in my opinion, and she really needs to learn how to give an interview.
LOL....my husband agreed with you and Piggy.And she wont have the lead long,but its kinda neat to see a woman starting out that race.We've been to Daytona Speedway,and its fun watching a Nascar race there.
Riders

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Raunchy stuff Lady's, let's keep it G rated for the kids, :) wink.
Pig Benis

Louisville, KY

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Riders wrote:
Raunchy stuff Lady's, let's keep it G rated for the kids,:) wink.
Stupidity is one helluva drug..

“Simplicity Complicates Things”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12 Feb 21, 2013
I used to keep up with NASCAR but I've just about got tired of the rule changes all the time, and the childish crap the drivers do to each other. I'd like to see it go back to the day when racing was based on who built the best motor and drivers weren't so wimpy. The days of the Yarborough's, Allison's, Petty's, Earnhardt's. Back when the Waltrip's and Wallace's raced side by side, when the make of a car was easy to recognize. Yeah...take me back to the good old days and I'll be cheering on every race.
Pig Benis

Louisville, KY

#13 Feb 22, 2013
Paint Shire wrote:
I used to keep up with NASCAR but I've just about got tired of the rule changes all the time, and the childish crap the drivers do to each other. I'd like to see it go back to the day when racing was based on who built the best motor and drivers weren't so wimpy. The days of the Yarborough's, Allison's, Petty's, Earnhardt's. Back when the Waltrip's and Wallace's raced side by side, when the make of a car was easy to recognize. Yeah...take me back to the good old days and I'll be cheering on every race.
My favorite drivers was Bill Elliott & Jimmy Spencer.
Now it's Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards.
I think they should take the restrictor plates off and let them race!!

“Simplicity Complicates Things”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#14 Feb 22, 2013
Pig Benis wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite drivers was Bill Elliott & Jimmy Spencer.
Now it's Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards.
I think they should take the restrictor plates off and let them race!!
I like Smoke, too. I liked him the first time I saw him race. He used to drive indy cars. I also liked Dale Jarrett. Ned, his dad used to do a little racing back in the day, too.

“Simplicity Complicates Things”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Pig Benis wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite drivers was Bill Elliott & Jimmy Spencer.
Now it's Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards.
I think they should take the restrictor plates off and let them race!!
I agree. I wish it was like it used to be. It's just not fun anymore.
Bubba

North Creek, NY

#16 Feb 23, 2013
I agree also its not so much racing anymore its a show like WWE , the 2 drivers that get all the attention Danica and Dale Jr. have won 1 race in 4 years , most drivers with that history are unemployed . I'm not against women in racing but their are women in Nationwide that have earned a chance , put Cobb in the best equipment and see what she does ...
RJS

Dunlap, TN

#17 Feb 23, 2013
the only time you will see any REAL racing in NASCAR, is the final ten laps.

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#18 Feb 23, 2013
We try to go to at least one NASCAR race every year. Its not the same as in years past,but its still
Fun. We saw our fave Tony win a race the last time he won the championship and I thought
that was neat.:-)
well

Maysville, KY

#20 Feb 24, 2013
Two women on the front row forty men behind with a hard pole

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#21 Feb 24, 2013
Wow.....crazy what happened yesterday!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nascar VP gives a stern warning on inspections Sun MrTinkertrain24 1
News Auto racing's NASCAR accused of racial discrimi... Sep 25 YANKEES 4 LIFE 2
News Here's what a $500 million lawsuit against NASC... Sep 24 Kimmull2324 1
News Tony Stewart calls Colin Kaepernick an 'idiot' Sep 24 Dave 134
News Carter urges faith leaders to combat 'resurgenc... Sep 24 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 37
News Truex grateful his Chase win no longer 'tainted... Sep 23 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Why NASCAR was hit with a $500 million racial d... Sep 23 MrTinkertrain24 1
More from around the web