Israel, Hamas complete final preparations for complex prisoner exchange

Oct 17, 2011 Full story: Penticton Herald

The elaborate machinery of a prisoner swap deal between two bitter enemies swung into motion early Tuesday, as hundreds of Palestinians and one Israeli soldier prepared to return home in one of the most dramatic recent developments in the otherwise deadlocked Israel-Palestinian conflict.

Read more
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#1 Oct 18, 2011
So odd that Israel would give up so MANY suspected terrorists in exchange for ONE Israeli.

Only reason I can see that would be beneficial is that Israel didn't know where he was being held, and couldn't risk killing him if Israel re-started bombing Hamas.

Now that they have their soldier back .... who knows what Israel will do.

Lord knows we have not seen the last bomb fall in the Middle East.
New China

Wuhan, China

#2 Oct 18, 2011
life is all
ABN Ortiz

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 18, 2011
Eleanor wrote:
So odd that Israel would give up so MANY suspected terrorists in exchange for ONE Israeli.
Only reason I can see that would be beneficial is that Israel didn't know where he was being held, and couldn't risk killing him if Israel re-started bombing Hamas.
Now that they have their soldier back .... who knows what Israel will do.
Lord knows we have not seen the last bomb fall in the Middle East.
My guess is that the isrealies did not have good intelligences, since it took over 5 yrs. The Palestinian Freedom Fighters, must of send messages that this POW was still alive to the public in some way. I believe the isrealies released the Palestinians because they could nolonger afford to house them and if they mudered them; the isrealies would once again look bad as many times before, in the eye of world opion and not in the eye of US. We have been losing prestige in the eyes of world opion since we invaded Iraq, under george bush.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaza, Gaza Strip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yeshua Messiah of Israel and only Begotten, pre... 2 hr Donna Lee 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr scirocco 69,294
News Thousands Of South Floridians Attend Pro-israel... (Jan '09) Mar 23 Miami66 5
News Me-roar: Gaza Strip family buys 2 lion cubs as ... Mar 23 Christian Fumblem... 5
News Palestinians says Gaza fisherman shot dead by I... Mar 8 swedenforever 7
News Gazans displaced by war struggle to find heat, ... Feb 28 Cold Front 14
News With closed borders, Gazans unable to make Musl... Feb 27 Islam Forbids 4
More from around the web