Doctor accused of breast touch gets t...

Doctor accused of breast touch gets trial

There are 19 comments on the InYork story from May 29, 2008, titled Doctor accused of breast touch gets trial. In it, InYork reports that:

What apparently could have been a one-week deferral in Dr. Tomas J. Friedrich's indecent assault trial dragged into a 20-month delay that ended when the Pennsylvania Superior Court ruled the short continuance ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

GGS

Scranton, PA

#1 May 29, 2008
I know this Doctor, and I will grant you he can come off more then just a bit harsh,and even abrupt or arrogant, but I seems more about interest in the "fame" then abuse. I could understand if it was an attempted rape, but the women was old enough to walk out of the room, before he touched her in a inappropriate manor.There are always three sides to every story, yours mine and the truth. I was Raped in my past, its a horrible thing to go through. I am not belittling anyone, but I have to ask, what is the real issue here between them?
JAG

AOL

#2 May 31, 2008
Are you kidding?!? Did the woman have precognitive abilities that she would able to think "Oh, he's about to touch me in a inappropriate manor, I need walk out of the room." I agree there are always three sides to the story, but let's not make pathetic excuses and shift the blame.
CMGO

York, PA

#3 May 31, 2008
This is just another incident that shows how judge dorney uses her position to force her personal opinion into cases before her. I truly pity the people in family court that she comes across, watch out. All cases that she has ruled on should be investigated by the PA Supreme Court, so they can see how she doesn't go by the law, she goes by her own feelings, and beleive me SHE HATES MEN!
haha

Baltimore, MD

#4 May 31, 2008
I personally liked Judge Dorney...and she doesn't hate men.. She hates men who have no job, no responsibility, no shame. I don't blame her one bit! She's tough but she needs to be. And, even though I'm a woman, she didn't rule in my favor for one of my lovely child support hearings...
Anyway.
I think this lady who was touched inappropriately is looking for some money or something. It seems a little too convenient.
TLS

Pittston, PA

#5 May 31, 2008
I'm actually 1 of the 8 other women who have came forward & that this Dr has mistreated. It's not like we should have to walk out when we are paying for services. There's no reason a doctor should ask multiple times about giving a pap smear when I'm there for tonsilitis! None of us are looking for any type money or fame. Shame on you when you don't know how it feels for this doctor to make you feel the way he made us women feel. You should be able to trust your doctor & feel comfortable & safe. I can't even imagine that this doctor treats children. What if this was your daughter? It only took me until the 3rd time to realize this wasn't me & this doctor is a creep! I actually 2nd guessed my own instincts until I read this story back in 2006 that other women felt this way. This man is a pervert & justice will be served!
Doctors Assistant

Philadelphia, PA

#6 May 31, 2008
No, the doctor had PRECOGNITVE THOUGHTS of touching a titty. Took you three visits to wise up.
CMGO

York, PA

#7 Jun 1, 2008
of course we all have out own opinions of this judge, this doctor, and we should all feel that we are given a fair trial no matter who the judge is, and that we should feel comfortable in the doctor's office, but i think the PA Supreme Court should look into other cases that involve this judge. NO doctor should be able to just take advantage of a patient, whether male or female, and NO judge should make a decision on her personal feelings, it should be based on LAW!
TLS

Pittston, PA

#8 Jun 1, 2008
Why should I have to wise up? He wasn't touching my breasts. That was another patient. Get your facts right. I didn't want to think a doctor was a creep but he is. You should punch yourself in the face for being so ignorant. Especially naming yourself as a "Doctor's Assistant!"
NOT a doctors asst

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jun 1, 2008
After the pap smear incident, you should have ran, not walked out of that place. Me ignorant, take a close look in the mirror.
yorklocal

Flourtown, PA

#10 Jun 2, 2008
I worked for this man a while back for a VERY short time and you cant even imagine the things that go on in that office. After I left I reported him to authorties for some illegal billings i witnessed and him supporting drug habits of patients and nothing was done so im glad something is finally being done to this man, maybe he is now to the point he cant pay anyone else off. Also if you go to a doctor find out if he is allowed to visit his patients in the hospitals before you decide for him to be your physician. That is something he couldnt do was to step a foot in york hospital.
Scott Dittenhaffer

Manheim, PA

#11 Jun 2, 2008
20 month delay shows how broken our courts system is.
tgj

New Cumberland, PA

#12 Jun 2, 2008
haha wrote:
I personally liked Judge Dorney...and she doesn't hate men.. She hates men who have no job, no responsibility, no shame. I don't blame her one bit! She's tough but she needs to be. And, even though I'm a woman, she didn't rule in my favor for one of my lovely child support hearings...
Anyway.
I think this lady who was touched inappropriately is looking for some money or something. It seems a little too convenient.
well, if she's a judge, she's not supposed to hate anyone for it can supress her abilities to render judgement. She's supposed to be impartial to everyone and everything. If she hates these type of men, when one appears before her, he automatically loses.
wonder boy

Carlisle, PA

#13 Jun 3, 2008
You know the difference between God and a Doctor?
Ans: God doesn't think he's a Doctor.
If a doctor decides to be a pervert, he'll get away with inappropriate behavior 9 times out of 10 due to his station in life. We have a guy here, that has the women disrobe from the waist up to check heartbeats and respiration with his stethescope?
Concerned Doctor

York, PA

#14 Jun 3, 2008
Per the last comment by wonder boy, it is not perverted to have a patient disrobe to check heart and lung sounds. This is the proper way that this should be done. Clothing can muffle/hide important heart/lung sounds. This is not to say that the patient should be left completely nude during the examination. A proper examination can be done tastefully using a drape, medical robe, or employing the help of the patient to maintain dignity. The stethoscope should always be placed on bare skin for an optimal exam.
Concerned patient

Emmaus, PA

#15 Jan 23, 2013
yorklocal wrote:
I worked for this man a while back for a VERY short time and you cant even imagine the things that go on in that office. After I left I reported him to authorties for some illegal billings i witnessed and him supporting drug habits of patients and nothing was done so im glad something is finally being done to this man, maybe he is now to the point he cant pay anyone else off. Also if you go to a doctor find out if he is allowed to visit his patients in the hospitals before you decide for him to be your physician. That is something he couldnt do was to step a foot in york hospital.
Do you know if he is legally allowed to dispense controlled medications out of his office without billing my private insurance and making me pay out of pocket? Something just doesn't seem right about and he refuses to write out a hard copy prescription to take to a pharmacy
Victim of a pervert pig

Baltimore, MD

#16 Apr 12, 2013
Never wanted any money! wanted to make sure no other girl was a victim of his again! 20 months this went on for and all alone. I wish i would been strong enough to make it through trial. He did things to 9 different girls and who knows how many more! and the judge would not allow them to testify. Dr. Thomas Friedrich is a disgusting pig of a man and should not be practicing. He is dirty and does illegal things! Mothers, fathers grandparents whoever do not take your children to this Dr. What he did to me and all the other girls was wrong! No one knows what is going to happen when they are in a drs office and when something like that happens you freeze and are in shock and you never think that something that would happen in a Drs. office..supposed to trust and feel comfortable with your Dr. there is nothing comfortable when you see this Dr. and you go over in your head did that really happen and was that right. He shouldnt do that you just cant believe a Dr. could do that. but happens and happens because knows he can get away with it by using his title. SICK! The ones who made any comments defending him shame on you!! God knows and he will take care of it!
Newest Victim

Abbottstown, PA

#17 Aug 10, 2013
I just was at his office for my 1st visit it was for my kidney and kidney stones.The nurse took my urine, then i went into an examination room where he told me lay down on the bed. Meanwhile,he insisted i was there for a uti infection and called me liar. Thats when he to me lay down and he started to pull down my pants and i ask him what the hell are you doing? Mind you there was no nurse in the room at all. All along he know p.t.s.d. due to being raped. He ask me to pull them down myself and i ask why? Because i was there for my kidney not for a abdominal check. Never told me my results of it, til i had to make another visit. As soon as i walked in the office he started to yell at me in front of everyone in the building,so l gave it right back to the bastard! He is a low life piece of shit in my book. If i had to tell anyone about this jew ass man he thinks he is better than anyone he is saddly mistaken. So i will be seeing my atty. this week. Messed with the wrong bitch this time! Hope he will rots in hell for what he does to women and girls! I hope and pray to see he will finally gets what he deserves. God bless, to all the others out there and wish me luck. thank you.
EJB

Bel Air, MD

#18 Apr 14, 2014
He has been my and my wife's doctor for about 10 years and I trust him. He can be abrupt at times, but he is highly competent. His office staff is remarkably stable, and I just don't think that would be the case if some of htese other comments were accurate.
It happened to me too

York, PA

#19 Mar 6, 2015
Victim of a pervert pig wrote:
Never wanted any money! wanted to make sure no other girl was a victim of his again! 20 months this went on for and all alone. I wish i would been strong enough to make it through trial. He did things to 9 different girls and who knows how many more! and the judge would not allow them to testify. Dr. Thomas Friedrich is a disgusting pig of a man and should not be practicing. He is dirty and does illegal things! Mothers, fathers grandparents whoever do not take your children to this Dr. What he did to me and all the other girls was wrong! No one knows what is going to happen when they are in a drs office and when something like that happens you freeze and are in shock and you never think that something that would happen in a Drs. office..supposed to trust and feel comfortable with your Dr. there is nothing comfortable when you see this Dr. and you go over in your head did that really happen and was that right. He shouldnt do that you just cant believe a Dr. could do that. but happens and happens because knows he can get away with it by using his title. SICK! The ones who made any comments defending him shame on you!! God knows and he will take care of it!
Hi Victim,
I honestly don't know how I missed these stories in the news years ago, if I had, I would have come forward right away. It happened to me too. Years ago, in 2004 Dr. Tomas Friedrich touched me inappropriately and made sexually suggestive comments. He was very subtle about it, he knew how to carefully balance treading the line and occasionally crossing over so that instead of questioning his actions, I questioned myself.
I was googling dermatologists in York yesterday and this article came up. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the old news story. When I saw there were several women who had been victimized, I made a phone call and found out that what happened to me was pretty much identical to everyone else who made complaints, including the 5 women whose statements were sealed by court order and who were prepared to testify but were not allowed.
I'm sure the statute of limitations have long passed for me as this happened in 2004.
I'm just so sorry I never reported him when it first happened. If I had, maybe so many others would not have been victimized by him. I'm sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breast Enlargement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, or Both? Jack... (Jan '15) Oct '16 watson983 8
News Which Breast Implant Shape and Size Is Best? Or... (Dec '13) Oct '16 RitaSBone 5
News The Maercks Institute Announces Comprehensive T... Sep '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News Aesthetic Surgery Thailand Offers Discounts on ... (Feb '13) Sep '16 freezeher 3
Elise Gingerich HATES Cyber Bully LINDSAY SHOW ... Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News 'My breasts look like Crab Claws!' Mom-of-two b... Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Dr. Stephen Greenberg's Breakfast Seminar - The... Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
More from around the web