LJR

Dothan, AL

#1 Aug 9, 2010
A Fight with who?
a sister

Pinson, AL

#2 Aug 11, 2010
lets see how easy they will let him off the hook he deserve to die too the inmate assaulted a FEMALE officer why is it that a male officer has beaten an inmate to death RAGE is what it is. i thought say were there to help the inmates and control the situation not to kill. A MURDER IS WHAT U ARE. U ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER MURDER BUT GOD HAS SOMETHING IN STORE FOR U.

Dothan, AL

#3 Aug 11, 2010
LJR wrote:
A Fight with who?
a fight between the inmate (in handcuffs) and approx 6 guards at the prison. guess who lost?
mother

Gardendale, AL

#4 Aug 13, 2010
I have a son there and a God nephew there and i pray daily for them and the guards.and i pray also that GOD GIVE THE IMMATES AND GUARDS A HEART TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND TO TREAT PEOPLES THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.BECAUSE YES THEY ARE IN THERE BECAUSE THEY COMMITTED A CRIME BUT THEY SHOULDN'T BE PUNISH TWICE BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE BROKEN THE TEN COMMANDMENT IN SOME WAY SIN IS SIN IT ALL STINK IN THE NOSTRIL OF GOD.AND IT IS AWAY TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE WITHOUT KILLING THEM BY CONTROLLING YOUR ANGER AND PUTTING YOUR PROBLEMS IN GOD HANDS AND NOT BRING THEM TO WORK WITH YOU.BUT FAMILY OF THE YOUNG MAN LET GO AND LET GOD HE KNOWS YOUR PAIN HE GOT IT ALL IN HIS HANDS LOVE YOU ALL WITH THE LOVE OF JESUS.I'AM PRAYING FOR YOU ALL AND THE IMMATES AND THAT FACLITY AS A WHOLE IN JESUS NAME MAY GOD REST IN THAT PLACE
Bamabych

Huntsville, AL

#5 Aug 22, 2010
My son is there for theft.He wrote and told me about this.He said the guard spit in the inmates face and hit him twice.I think when someone spits on you and hits you,instincts take over and you just fight back.This young man did not deserve to die.The guards had the upper hand of course.I cannot understand why anyone would think it's ok that they killed this guy.He was in there on a drug crarge,he had not hurt anyone and I hope each guard involved in his killing pays for it.I worry that my son will be next.I'm certain that if they spit on my son and hit him,that he will want to fight back.I just hope it dont happen.My son said they dont get yard time now and they get walked to and from chow because of the beating.I hope GOD watches over all the inmates there and everywhere.Noone has the right to kill...
dobsi4700

Birmingham, AL

#6 Oct 3, 2010
My son was incarcerated there when all this took place. He said the male guards body slamed from his cot and there were 3 guards involved. He broke free and ran into the yard. The guards locked all dorms so no one could help the inmate. I thank God that his brother, who is there, wasn't able to see what was happening to his brother. The last my son heard was the shift supervisor was being brought up on charges and the 6 guards were fired. The female guard is still there. Has anyone heard if the 6 guards will be charged with anything? I need an update for my son. I pray for all the inmates still there and the family of the inmate that died.
guest of honor

United States

#7 Oct 6, 2010
Call your son on his cell phone.
one of many

Hamilton, AL

#8 Mar 23, 2011
I was in Ventress when this happened. Most of the reports you read make Rocrast (the deceased) look like the bad guy. Some say he sexually assaulted her by masturbating on his bed, other say that he hit her. Truth is, in the prison system, they give men boxers with an open hole in front. Nothing to hold it closed. When a man is asleep he often gets an erection. Rocrast was in D dorm on his bed asleep. he was wearing his boxers but that was all because it was hot. August in a metal building with over 100 other guys and no Air conditioning. He got an erection while asleep, and the female officer saw it. It escalated from there. One officer tried to help the inmate, but in the end, Rocrast was killed. The bad thing is that this happens at other prisons, and nothing is being done about it simply because DOC officials cover it up, make the inmate look like the bad guy to appease the public, and send the officers to work at another facility so they can do it again. I have heard, but cannot verify, the Lieutenant and 6 other officers were charged, but I don't know with what. At least 2 I know were charged with murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ventress Correctional Facility Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Eric Parker (Aug '13) Aug '13 Days1997 1
Abuses point to lack of prison security cameras (Jun '13) Jul '13 Tamara 2
Fired Ala. guard says she lied about dead inmate (Jun '13) Jun '13 margerry smith 1
Inmate dies from softball injury (Jun '09) Oct '12 Jay Williamson 19
Stabbing at Ventress Correctional Facility (May '12) Oct '12 Jay Williamson 3
questions about infant and children under 3 visits (Oct '10) Apr '12 stacey 2
Talk about Ventress Correctional Facility (Dec '11) Dec '11 Amber 1
More from around the web