Naomi

Nashville, TN

#1 Mar 5, 2011
I hate that TN is still holding on to death by injection.... Alot of people do change when they are in prison.....And they are not going to go out and do the same thing over again.....
Passingthru

United States

#2 Aug 1, 2011
I agree, Naomi.
Espically after being in there for years, I highly doubt anyone would go and try the same stuff over again.
Is Christa Pike still on death row?
Last time I checked, she was the only woman in Nashville
lacy rose

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Mar 13, 2012
I done 16 months on max. security at tpw, which is where death row inmates are housed. It is a very lonely place to be and I feel bad for anyone who has to be there! There is only 1 woman on death row at this time, and in meeting her, you would never think she would do the things she was accused of! She is such a sweet girl and I really think she regrets her crime.
leah

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Mar 23, 2012
lacy rose wrote:
I done 16 months on max. security at tpw, which is where death row inmates are housed. It is a very lonely place to be and I feel bad for anyone who has to be there! There is only 1 woman on death row at this time, and in meeting her, you would never think she would do the things she was accused of! She is such a sweet girl and I really think she regrets her crime.
Are u lacy Brady?
kimberly bidwell

Tarpon Springs, FL

#5 Jun 2, 2012
I too know Christa. I am a very good friend of hers. She has done some bad things in her life, however I don't believe in the Death Penalty. As a Wiccan we don't believe in Harming anyone, no matter their crime. Christa is a sweet girl and sometimes she does or says things for attention. She can't help that damn near all her life the only thing she gets attention for is the bad shit she does. She has a lot of emotional issues that killing her is not going to deal with. whatever happened to rehabilitation? Showing someone that they are cared about and not just gossiped about when they do bad or wrong. Yes, Christa is still on death row, yes she knows how to manipulate the system, men and women. But, look at it from her stand point she does not have much to live for and trying to escape or falling in love with the people she sees everyday is her only way of dealing with the environment she is in. Good or Bad Christa does not deserve the Death Penalty. And yes, for those of you who are wondering I spent 18 months right next to her.
Warren Holister

Harrison, TN

#6 Jun 7, 2013
kimberly bidwell wrote:
I too know Christa. I am a very good friend of hers. She has done some bad things in her life, however I don't believe in the Death Penalty. As a Wiccan we don't believe in Harming anyone, no matter their crime. Christa is a sweet girl and sometimes she does or says things for attention. She can't help that damn near all her life the only thing she gets attention for is the bad shit she does. She has a lot of emotional issues that killing her is not going to deal with. whatever happened to rehabilitation? Showing someone that they are cared about and not just gossiped about when they do bad or wrong. Yes, Christa is still on death row, yes she knows how to manipulate the system, men and women. But, look at it from her stand point she does not have much to live for and trying to escape or falling in love with the people she sees everyday is her only way of dealing with the environment she is in. Good or Bad Christa does not deserve the Death Penalty. And yes, for those of you who are wondering I spent 18 months right next to her.
Huh? WTF??? Isn't she there for killing someone. She has lived like 20 more years than the person she murdered. So as a Wiccan if you don't believe in killing cool so then if someone is going around killing others its OK and by your logic you do nothing to stop them and they should not meet the same punishment they dish out. Sorry but that's is twisted logic, it is one-sided like saying you don't believe in war so you should fight back if attacked. We all make mistakes but truth is we cannot take back our actions as a Wiccan I'd assume you'd be in touch with the thread of life being continual and unbreakable (somewhat deterministic) your mistakes are never erased being "nice" doesn't excuse murder.
Kimberly Bidwell

Safety Harbor, FL

#7 Apr 1, 2015
Warren Holister wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? WTF??? Isn't she there for killing someone. She has lived like 20 more years than the person she murdered. So as a Wiccan if you don't believe in killing cool so then if someone is going around killing others its OK and by your logic you do nothing to stop them and they should not meet the same punishment they dish out. Sorry but that's is twisted logic, it is one-sided like saying you don't believe in war so you should fight back if attacked. We all make mistakes but truth is we cannot take back our actions as a Wiccan I'd assume you'd be in touch with the thread of life being continual and unbreakable (somewhat deterministic) your mistakes are never erased being "nice" doesn't excuse murder.
Yes, I do believe she is a good person, Yes I do believe people make mistakes. I have a different outlook then most because of my situation. You sir can judge all you want. Look it up. I could have been in her exact situation had the Jury not seen right threw the lies and deception that was being placed on me. Yes, she did what she did. She deserves punishment. Even she agrees with that statement. Hell look at how many times she tried to tell them to go ahead and kill her. The state of Tennessee are the ones deciding to hold her there so they can make money off of her incarceration. I am totally 100% against the Death Penalty. Like it or Lump it these are my opinions.

I don't say we can excuse murder by any means. I say the girl has served her time. I say the State of Tennessee needs to shit or get off the pot. This constant bickering back and forth about whether she deserves the death penalty or not is not helping anyone. least of all the families involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Prison for Women Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 male guards at state women's prison fired (Sep '08) Oct '14 Anonymous 11
News Inmate Caught Trying To Scale Fence At Tenn. Pr... (Sep '14) Sep '14 poppinq 1
inmates at women prison (Sep '14) Sep '14 poppinq 1
News Dept. of Corrections investigates 6 staff members (Mar '09) Aug '14 kelly 33
News Sevier County woman caught during attempted pri... (Jun '14) Jun '14 shammcok 1
Women in Prison due to the lack of Abuse Laws i... (Dec '11) Jun '13 Diane Welch 3
News Former prison guard gets 5 years probation (Nov '12) Dec '12 oh really 3
More from around the web