Medical Care At Sterling Correctional...

Medical Care At Sterling Correctional Facility

Operator1

Arvada, CO

#1 Dec 15, 2011
Along with the murders at SCF there is a major problem with the medical care offered to the inmates. I am a former inmate and I have seen medical do absolutely nothing for inmates in dire need of care. There has been so called natural deaths at SCF that are just as much a murder as an inmate killing another inmate. An investigation needs to be launched into the medical care given at SCF. I understand that we are criminals but the justice system issued it's punishment by incarcerating us, we do not deserve to be mistreated and allowed to suffer from any medical ailment we may have or come down with. I know of at least 2 diabetic deaths that could have been prevented had medical listened to the inmates. I also remember an inmate named Chief who complained of chest pains for 2 days and medical did nothing. On the third day he was found dead in his bunk. Just because we have been convicted of a crime it does no give anybody the right to treat us inhumanely!
Kathryn

Durham, NC

#2 Feb 20, 2012
I beleive you. I have a borther in Sterling and he is denied medical. They smooth things over with the dog training. Well they need to open their eyes and see what is going on behind the seens. I have a brother in Sterling. Needing medical. I have contacted ABC,CBS,NBS,CNN and Fox news. This is not going to keep on.
Gabi Brock

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Jan 10, 2013
The medical care is abismal. I have a son there. I keep saying he wasnt given life, Its called cruel and unusual punishment and the ACLU needs to be brought in. That's the only way to get it in control.
Lisa Jones

Arvada, CO

#4 Feb 11, 2013
My Husband was just sent there because the half way homes in are area couldnt take him. He was caught driving without a license. Im so scared about all this im hearing about sterling. My husband has been having bad gall bladder problems before he went in. They said he needed it removed but we didnt have insurance. Im so scared!
Denver

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Mar 4, 2013
You are in prison. This is not life outside where you couldn't respect the laws like everyone else has to. Incredible you said inhumane when you have food and a roof over your head. Again, this is prison!
Operator1 wrote:
Along with the murders at SCF there is a major problem with the medical care offered to the inmates. I am a former inmate and I have seen medical do absolutely nothing for inmates in dire need of care. There has been so called natural deaths at SCF that are just as much a murder as an inmate killing another inmate. An investigation needs to be launched into the medical care given at SCF. I understand that we are criminals but the justice system issued it's punishment by incarcerating us, we do not deserve to be mistreated and allowed to suffer from any medical ailment we may have or come down with. I know of at least 2 diabetic deaths that could have been prevented had medical listened to the inmates. I also remember an inmate named Chief who complained of chest pains for 2 days and medical did nothing. On the third day he was found dead in his bunk. Just because we have been convicted of a crime it does no give anybody the right to treat us inhumanely!
Charlene

Grand Junction, CO

#6 Apr 15, 2013
During a lock down inmates are not allowed to do their breathing treatments. For someone with a lung desease, 2 days can make a lot of difference. Fluid can build up and cause an infection. Love down if you must, but don't cut off medical care!!
Nick P

Channelview, TX

#7 May 19, 2013
Ive been to scf and been released. its a shit hole. thats for sure and hey Denver F OFF muthaeffa
Ann

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Jul 29, 2013
It really is inhumane to lock someone up preventing them from obtaining access to health care any other way and then denieng them care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Correctional Facility Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happend at Sterling Correctional Facility ... (Jan '13) Apr '17 Chris 12
News Hickenlooper orders audit of sentencing records (Apr '13) Mar '17 Glennahodgden 2
Gary Wayne Branstutter (Apr '12) Feb '17 Angie in indiana 4
Was sterling on lockdown (Jan '17) Jan '17 GENIFER10 1
Gary wayne branstutter (Apr '16) Oct '16 Loretta 2
My account (Sep '16) Sep '16 Shannon 1
lockdown (May '15) May '15 sybil 1
More from around the web