State Pays Portion of Prison Water Bill

State Pays Portion of Prison Water Bill

There are 2 comments on the www.suburbanchicagonews.com story from Sep 11, 2009, titled State Pays Portion of Prison Water Bill. In it, www.suburbanchicagonews.com reports that:

The money came in two payments, with one made last week and the second arriving Thursday. The state still owes Crest Hill $260,987, according to the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.suburbanchicagonews.com.

“Troll Warrior”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Sep 11, 2009
This is good. Now we have the money to pay for all of the pay raises the Mayor has been giving everyone since he took office.

No, wait, we still have a deficit.
April

Darien, IL

#2 Jan 26, 2011
Half the water bill? I wouldn't pay for that filthy rusty water that inmates must use. The ones who can afford it are buying bottled water through the prison-owned commissary (at a 25% mark up--and extra goes in Stateville's coffers.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stateville Correctional Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visiting Aug 15 Sharon sawyer 1
will inmates get access to j pay tablet services? (Dec '14) Dec '14 concerned 1
News Prison Inmate Awarded $12 Million for Brain Injury (Mar '13) May '13 ha 3
News Lawyer's license suspended (May '13) May '13 honest man 1
News Jury awards $12M to prisoner who suffered seizure (Feb '13) Feb '13 April 1
News Police searching for escaped convict near Joliet (Dec '11) Dec '11 Sounds fishy 4
News Escaped convict reportedly caught in Rockdale (Dec '11) Dec '11 barak_er_um_er 9
More from around the web