Seth Privacky: To forgive, or not to ...

Seth Privacky: To forgive, or not to forgive

There are 4 comments on the Grand Rapids Press story from Jul 17, 2010, titled Seth Privacky: To forgive, or not to forgive. In it, Grand Rapids Press reports that:

Virginia Baxter thinks that not even her death will change how she feels about 30-year-old Seth Privacky, the Muskegon mass murderer who was fatally shot Thursday during a failed prison escape.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Grand Rapids Press.

Johnny

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jul 17, 2010
Yeah I agree that Seth should of gotten life in prison for his part in the Mass murders that he commited back in time. But he was still a Human Being and I Believe that ITS FUCKED UP that they shot Seth in the head than bragged about it, While a Stinking Ass Correction Officer was walking down the road with her Rifel or shot gun Smiling about the insodent.Over Abuse Of Athority Is all it was.
Nan

Fox Lake, WI

#2 Jul 23, 2010
You obviously do not know anything but ignorant rumors. My husband works there. We live within 1/4 mile from the incident. They were given a warning shot over their heads. The other 2 convicts dropped to the ground, he continued to run. Seth got what he deserved. No smiling was involved. They were driving around the yard, looking for a place to run the fence, the semi got caught in the wiring, where they jumped out and ran. The rule is shoot to kill if they get out of the fence, he was lucky to get a warning shot. Bring back the death penalty. His family didnt get the chance to decide if they wanted to live or die. Why should my families lives be at stake by a mass murderer running around?
Ray

Mass City, MI

#3 Aug 27, 2010
You sound like an ex con or family member of one.
Or perhaps just a social misfit radical who has no idea what he is talking about.
Had Privacky hit the the ground like the other two, he would still be alive.
The officer that shot him did exactly as he is trained to do, and to "PROTECT THE PUBLIC" is his number one responsibility. By preventing escape.

Privacky and others would most likely taken hostages at the medical facility they were headed for, and possibly killed more, what did they have to loose?

Wonder what you would have said if it were you, he was about to grab as a hostage and perhaps kill you to keep from being captured againj.??
Wake up.. Doing exactly as you were trained to do in such a circumstance is not over abuse of authority. He should get a medal..
Johnny wrote:
Yeah I agree that Seth should of gotten life in prison for his part in the Mass murders that he commited back in time. But he was still a Human Being and I Believe that ITS FUCKED UP that they shot Seth in the head than bragged about it, While a Stinking Ass Correction Officer was walking down the road with her Rifel or shot gun Smiling about the insodent.Over Abuse Of Athority Is all it was.
Kim

Holland, MI

#4 Feb 16, 2014
WOW! Obviously Ray is a Corrections officer at Algers Correctional Facility in Munising., MI.

And Nan wouldn't feel like that if it were her son that got shot.

Johnny is just young and maybe his details are a little off, but it was put in one of the other escapees face in a rude manner about them shooting Seth and that he would be charged for it.

I happen to know one of these three very very well and if you had been through what he had been through as a child maybe you wouldn't be so judgmental. Remember the old saying..."You shouldn't judge someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes."

I know the Bible says "Thou shalt not kill," but I'm also pretty sure it says "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

Just saying there are always facts that the public and the correctional officers will NEVER know when it comes to what others have been through in their life.

Find it in your hearts to forgive all God's people, we can't be picky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State Prisons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Philipsburg Contractor Gets State Prison for No... Mon pigbutcher 5
News Brothers plead guilty to beating homeless immig... May 21 USA today 5
News Muslims connect with their Adirondack neighbors... May 20 RealTech 2
News I shed a tear May 19 Anglo European 1
News Joe Shepherd dies in prison at age 57 (Sep '10) May 16 tesepyt 9
News Texas inmate wants state to pay for gender reas... May 12 GoldieLox 1
News Three LDC defendants sentenced May 12 josephbarkley 2
More from around the web