Inmate found dead at Lebanon Correcti...

Inmate found dead at Lebanon Correctional Institution

There are 48 comments on the Middletown Journal story from Apr 5, 2012, titled Inmate found dead at Lebanon Correctional Institution. In it, Middletown Journal reports that:

A male inmate was found dead today at the Lebanon Correctional Institution, according to the Warren County Coroner's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Middletown Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jan

Painesville, OH

#1 Apr 10, 2012
I have a son in this prison and i think that it needs a overhaul being one of your oldest prison it needs a make over because its over populated and there is no way the inmates our being treated as they should and this is why you have problem with violence because you have guards that our having sex with inmates and no one seems to care some of your guards our the worst criminals of all because they feel they can use there title to there advantage and throw the inmates under the bus INMATES HAVE TO BE PUNISHED FOR THERE CRIME BUT NOT TO BE MISS TREATED BY THE SYSTEM they our there for your institute to rehabilitate them and not abuse them because you fill that your job is punishing them well it is wrong and something needs to be done I AND A CONCERN MOTHER AND I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL YOU AS THE WARDEN OF THE INSTITUTE DO A INVENTORY ON SOME OR ALL OF YOUR STAFF BECAUSE THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING IN A INSTITUTE BY YOUR GUARDS . they were sentence by a Judge for there crime ,and now there being sentence again by the system that is not justice in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THANK YOU
jon doe

Mansfield, OH

#2 Apr 16, 2012
There is a simple solution for this. DON'T GO TO PRISON AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT! LeCI is the toughest institution in the state to do time for a reason and its going to stay that way no matter what you and your friends think. You don't go to Lebanon for fallowing the rules, you go there for breaking them.(While incarcerated)
Just sayin

Columbus, OH

#3 May 1, 2012
The last poster said dont go to prison and you wont have to worry about it, what a fucking copout. I dopnt ever plan on going. I have visited lebanon a few times. Really no of your business why, but it is a nasty dirty prison. And people like you, who turn your heads are part of the problem. No one cares because these are crinimals. Wtf. And the guards are rude, disrectful even to citizens who come to visit someone. Seems they can put cameras everywhere else. About time they start putting them in ever corner of prisons not only for guard protection but inmate as well. Lebanon needs to be torn down. It would cost the state less money and time then to overhaul it. Inmates 2 hours visits from each person twice a month. Nwver have i had a two hour visit, usually an hour and a half. Seems they cant do a proper job at getting visitation right. They are suppose to start taking visitors 15 minutes before the visit starts. This nevers happens. And who makes sure they do thier jobs ??? No one. And again for the poster who says dont go and you wont have to worry about it. Your probably one of kinds of people who never do anything to help anyone. But when it comes to you needing help, your a whiner and cant understand why no one gives a crap . I hope you need something someday and dont get it, what comes around goes around, your an idiot
powerplay

Morrison, CO

#4 May 2, 2012
To start I work in a Colorado prison. Yes if you dont like prison or how it is ran then stay out. Its not that easy to just fix or rebuild. What are they going to do with the inmates while they are working? not all inmates can housed together. Everyone going to meet they maker in or out of prison. It is how the inmate went that is what maters. As for C/O being rude it comes with the job. Put yourself in a C/o shoes and what a C/O does. Who watches over people working in the prison warden asst warden, major, LT, and dept corrections. The problem is to much brass and not enough C/O. You should not call a person when you dont know the whole story. makes you look like the idot. "just sayin"
Las vegas

Henderson, NV

#6 Jun 30, 2012
The murderer of my nephew is in this prison. I'm glad to hear how deplorable it is there. I want him to serve the hardest time possible.
Fred

Canton, OH

#7 Jul 1, 2012
My heart is just bleeding for the lawbreakers in our prisons.

It's just too bad that their visitations aren't done to their expectations.

They get just what they deserve.
A concern Person

Birmingham, AL

#8 Jul 21, 2012
I have read some of the statement and concern that is about what is going on behind these walls or prison.These inmate some are guilty and some are not,so you should put them in person and allow the guards to rape them and be punish for the guards wrong dees.theperson who says they get just what they deserves.don't be to quick to judge IT Could BE YOU. Have you heard the saying MONEY TALKS AND BULLSHIT WALKS.I am sure for you to be the way you are ,you have never did nothing wrong. these people that are being mistreated will be out one ay.then what have you created and put back in our prect little WORD, think about what you do and say.when you have abused thi is a learned behaivor. ThinkPeople..........
sense

Crown Point, IN

#9 Jul 22, 2012
1in 99 Americans have been in the DOC and 1 in 33 persons have had some dealing with the justice department. Be careful what you wish for. . .
A492738 look me up

Fitchburg, MA

#10 Aug 14, 2012
I have been in that prison personnaly so let me the first to let u know off gun shot not everybody did wat they where accused of next no one should have to or deserves to live in and under such conditions that Lebanon reps roaches and rats everywhere and I mean every where. They play wit ur V.I.s mail and ur money the c.o.s are for the most part the majority r there to do their jobs her paid and to home others however have the game messed up we r ppl convection aside we deserve better the place is falling apart the food is hard garbage all these comentsfrom ppl talking crazy it would be a whole different game if it was family they found in that cell think on that or better yet judging from some of these comments it may have been u they found for talking crazy so before u pass judgment. Walk that mile first u dig to all my pplz still there keep ur head up stay focused they gotta let u go some time this life or the next u heard
jra

United States

#11 Aug 15, 2012
They animal that murdered my son he deserved everthing thing coming too him he's in that faciilty Lebanon and oh well don't do crime if you can't do the time and anything that comes with it !!
Middletown

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Aug 24, 2012
I too have a son in there and I too will make my voice heard till they will change this place and deal with the criminal activity of the staff.
Lady

Eastlake, OH

#13 Aug 26, 2012
Can anyone explain why prisoners are literally losing there lives in prison because i cannot figure that one out. Lebanon Correctional INstitute has guards that uses any title against the inmates, that is not right THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NOT ONE OF YOUR COUNTRIES OVER THE WATERS. THIS IS AMERICA and i plead with the WARDEN of this institute to step up and do your JOB, On the video you say you speak the prisoners daily BUT THATS A LIE an unacceptable so stop hiding the facts and do your JOB as Warden of Lebanon Correctional Institute investigate your guards and there backgrounds because to have SEX WITH INMATES is not what there oath was. I beg of the world to not allow this activity to take place in this country, OR WERE NO BETTER THAN ARE ENEMIES. STOP STOP STOP THE ABUSE THAT IS HAPPENING UNDER YOUR WATCH WARDEN STEP UP FOR YOUR TRUTHS YOUR PRISON IS OLD AS DIRT 1960 TO BE EXACT CLEAN IT UP OR SHUT IT DOWN NO EXCEPTIONS YOU AS WARDEN , THE RESPONSIBILITIES LY ON YOU TO DO SOMETHING.
Michelle Peavy-Dunikowski

Beach City, OH

#14 Oct 26, 2012
My husband would not commit suicide! This was murder. I will not stop till his killers are convicted!
Yeah

Lodi, OH

#15 Jan 7, 2013
Btw, Lebanon is considered a disciplinary camp prison. This means someone broke the law to go to prison THEN broke prison rules to go to Lebanon. Most start at London or somewhere like that. Then become an institutional problem there and are shipped off to Lebanon.
Chuck

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jan 7, 2013
people die in prison
Wrong

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Btw, Lebanon is considered a disciplinary camp prison. This means someone broke the law to go to prison THEN broke prison rules to go to Lebanon. Most start at London or somewhere like that. Then become an institutional problem there and are shipped off to Lebanon.
Not true, my son was not ever at any other prison, this was his first offense and went o Lebanon.
someone who cares

United States

#18 Jan 7, 2013
I say inmates are human no matter what they do.ya they have to pay for what.they do.but remember only God can judge.So ya dont judge or talk,, becouse some day someone you know or care about might end up in a jail or proson. May God Bless you all
Yeah

Newark, OH

#19 Jan 8, 2013
I did say most. I work at Lebanon so I have a good idea what I'm talking about. You don't go to Lebanon without reason typically. Allen, Richland, London. Very few go from crc to there.
Disappointed

Dayton, OH

#20 Jan 30, 2013
I have a son in that prison and it makes my heart ache to read what I have read. Lebanon was his first prison. I know the guards rape the prisoners.Sick Bastards! My son would never speak of such but still I know what goes on I can feel it. The guards think its funny. Carma is a Bitch. I feel sorry for some of the C/O wives that are married to men who are gay. I know a C/O personally and he raped a woman a got away with it. How can the warden let this go on. I dont think things will ever change. I just pray my son stays safe.
Disappointed

Dayton, OH

#21 Jan 30, 2013
For those who agree that guards should rape prisoners think about the young man who is o his way to prison for vechilar homicide he was the only who lived out of four people. He had an accident he did not mean it. He will never stop paying for what he did. He killed people he loved. And he was a student with good grades. Now he is going to prison to learn how to be corrupt and raped.Now how would you feel if this where your son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State Prisons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McCrary Indicted for Failing to Register 13 hr Dr Lechter 97
News For sale: Former prison with mountain view, sle... Wed Fundie Concernd B... 4
News Prison worker charged with aiding escapees appe... Jul 1 bob 7
News Who are the Simon City Royals? (Oct '08) Jun 29 macmac41 1,825
News Dangerous men, careful plans and a bold escape ... Jun 29 Fart escaped 2
News The Latest: Inmate shot after trooper sees susp... Jun 28 Miss Id 1
News Schmuck guilty of drug charges Jun 28 Logic 1
More from around the web