Great Meadows correction officer stab...

Great Meadows correction officer stabbed by inmate

There are 14 comments on the The Gazette story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Great Meadows correction officer stabbed by inmate. In it, The Gazette reports that:

A corrections officer at Great Meadow Correctional Facility in Washington County is home recovering after being stabbed multiple times on Wednesday by an inmate, according to a news release from the New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

Sassyrigirl

United States

#1 Jun 20, 2013
Maybe If the CO's that work at Great Meadow Correctional Facility treated the inmates like human beings along with the people that visit them, instead of harassing, beating, belittling, intimidating and just being rotten all around to them. They wouldn't get inmates that attack them for the way they relentlessly continue to treat them. They leave the inmate no choice. Because if they file a complaint against an officer then they get more officers to join them into making that inmates life a living hell. Inmates are there t serve their time for a crime they committed not to have crimes committed against them The state of NY should be a leader in treating prisoners with respect not hate. Because he Co's become worse than the people they are watching.
Hatesassygirl

Queensbury, NY

#3 Jun 20, 2013
Are you kidding me? Your an idiot. This guy admitted that he wanted to die and intentionally attacked this officer without and provocation!! You should try working in a prison for one day and tell me what you think!
Ihatehertoo

South Glens Falls, NY

#4 Jun 21, 2013
Sassy girl sounds like she has a convict boyfriend!
Sassyrigirl

United States

#5 Jun 26, 2013
I would love the opportunity to work in a prison, but if u care about human beings they don't want u. Why don't u try living in that shit hole for one day. After being treated like an animal u mind change your mind, that is if u have one. I think that maybe that u two jackasses work in a prison. Now let's see what intelligent response u can come up with next. Nice to use the word Hate for someone u don't even know. U both sound like such wonderful individuals.
light

Jersey City, NJ

#6 Jun 27, 2013
I agree qith ssasy girl i'm married to an inmate an it true they treat them like animal n the people that visit u have to give respect n order to get it tret them like animals long enough what do u expect to happen u officers need to see what if this was one of your children
light

Jersey City, NJ

#7 Jun 27, 2013
I'm on your side sassy
light

Jersey City, NJ

#8 Jun 27, 2013
Sorry need to get my glasses be right back
Sassyrigirl

United States

#9 Jun 27, 2013
Furthermore, only a CO would know what the intention supposedly was of the inmate that stabbed the CO. Because it was not reported in the news. So there response proved my point.
stopabuseonpriso ners

New York, NY

#10 Jun 30, 2013
I agree with sassy girl. Inmates need to be treated with respect and dignity co's need to be trained to work with the inmates and inmates family who come to visit. The state should really look into a new way for inmates to file complains about being abuse by co's without having the blue team beat on them. Sassygirl you said it right
rock

Queensbury, NY

#12 Aug 6, 2013
most inmates are animals, and the fat ass hoes that visit them are to \\\
Justtrue

Baldwin, NY

#14 Mar 10, 2014
rock wrote:
most inmates are animals, and the fat ass hoes that visit them are to \\\
well thank god for animals And hoes.. They keep You employed And feed your cow of a Wife hile she pops out more of your unwanted sedes into This world who William turón out to be pigs just like Daddy.. ;) And your the biggest animal ever hiding behind a Job And a badge.. Those animals would be wipeing the floró celan With You given the chance.. Your all cowards On gang Blue From a fat hoe lol
Justtrue

Baldwin, NY

#15 Mar 10, 2014
Who gives You the right to judge inmates And thier families.. Who aré You to know circumstances And situations which Have brought This person to This point in their Life And how do You know if there inocent? And just caught up in a judicial system that sucks.. A system that Works for those With money And impovorizes the poor more.. Lack of educación And the ability to Have a paid lawyer is the biggest reason why the population of inmates is so grand.. Lets be realist for a minute...if everyone was a LAw abiding citizen.. Who would pay the salaries of the judges..the Police.. The court officers.. The correction officers.. The endless amount of people the system employs... Stop making believe You dont get On your knees And hope some one else breaks the LAw so You can make your next Car payment
God bless

Rochester, NY

#16 Apr 22, 2014
I pray that my son is safe, I pray for the Co's and all those serving a sentence (inmates, families and friends) all should be of GOOD conscience, we are all in need of a redeemer. If you don't love me or mine love Jesus and he will help, leaf and guide you in what he would have you to do
hunter4life

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Feb 8, 2015
Sassy bless and respect...I was there when that incident happen ..in the jail in the same company with this brother that hit the c.o. up..the c.o he stab deserved it..straigh like that..that c.o was a big Duffy bully that though it couldn't happen to him..the day prior to the incident that same c.o told that inmate to get on the wall and smack him for no reason only cause he had a stamp in his pocket when he conducted the search...seriously, a lot of inmates and officer where there and witness that before the convict came out his cell the next day humiliated, pride hurt, his dignity crush etc.. I see it like this this pigs up there they super tough but the minute u put that work in one of them the birch come out if them and the wanna press charges..that c.o it's one of them.. U FAT SLOPPY BIG HEADED MUTHAFUCKA...U ain't that tough now right when the odds it's against you..you did a lot of dirt and u got Wat u ask for...
As for ya two heaters c.o. commenting on this article learn from that co mistake and treat prisoners with respect and 9 out of 10 that prisoner will show u the same in return..trust me I did 14 years in nys maximum corr facilities and all u see is a lot of prisoner abused by this co 's and when one of them get that work put in them they wanna press charges oh lord..birch ass...so don't always believe everything u hear there's two sides to every story..and this time the inmate did Wat any other real men will have done and finished that fucker...T.R.H. FREE MACHO...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State Prisons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Inmates' lawsuit could mean trouble for Correct... (May '09) Sat Joel 22
News Convict gets more time (Dec '11) Sat russellyoheyisdea... 4
News Who are the Simon City Royals? (Oct '08) Jun 24 Sir Hellboy 1,907
News DCS: Mtn. View Superintendent wasn't making eno... Jun 21 mark 7
News Clarksville man indicted on charges of kidnappi... (Dec '09) Jun 18 Truth 2
News Kentucky Is Planning To Imprison 1,100 People O... Jun 17 Famous 4
News Mountain View officer resigns (Sep '08) Jun 16 Mr Out of control 9
More from around the web