Shooting victim Reginald Davis dies: ...

Shooting victim Reginald Davis dies: Second shooting in four days, first homicide this year

There are 78 comments on the Utica Daily News story from May 17, 2011, titled Shooting victim Reginald Davis dies: Second shooting in four days, first homicide this year. In it, Utica Daily News reports that:

A man died Tuesday afternoon after being shot Monday night. The fatal shooting was the second in four days, and police say they're looking into the possibility the two shootings could be related, but they say it's too early to tell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Utica Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Crazy

Middleville, NY

#1 May 17, 2011
I heard the shots shit was scary! police did a good job responding!
not cool

Middleville, NY

#2 May 17, 2011
RIP
abc

Utica, NY

#4 May 17, 2011
RIP, Reggie
track

New York, NY

#8 May 18, 2011
RIP Dude wrote:
Sorry to hear about the loss of life. I bet he was in the middle of changing his life around.
Parents, raise your children right while you can!
yea like a leopard can change his spots one less low life walking the streets

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
O grape

Rome, NY

#9 May 18, 2011
Crazy wrote:
police did a good job responding!
"Responding" to what? A corpse in the street? Good job! Now tell us why the witnesses won't talk to the police. That's where they fail us. Keep kissin that ass and wondering why.
dumbfounded

Utica, NY

#10 May 18, 2011
RIP Dude wrote:
Sorry to hear about the loss of life. I bet he was in the middle of changing his life around.
Parents, raise your children right while you can!
They are always in the middle of changing their life around. I always wonder what someone is doing out that late on a weeknight.
DRN

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#11 May 18, 2011
A kid is dead and all the Utican idiot racists can do is make up derogatory things about the kid without any actual knowledge of the kid or the circumstances of his death.

That's just one of the many reasons why Utica, and Oneida County as a whole, is such a backwards racist shithole.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
a day in the life

Herkimer, NY

#12 May 18, 2011
DRN wrote:
A kid is dead and all the Utican idiot racists can do is make up derogatory things about the kid without any actual knowledge of the kid or the circumstances of his death.
That's just one of the many reasons why Utica, and Oneida County as a whole, is such a backwards racist shithole.
I couldn't agree more. There will be plenty of time to speculate the circumstances of this tragic event. For now, allow the family to grieve without the derogatory comments. None of us are perfect and most have some life experience that could've ended far worse than it did. Stop penalizing those left to grieve loss of life!!!
REAL TALK

West Leyden, NY

#13 May 18, 2011
Let somebody shoot ya peaples in tha head , then see how you feel. I bet you wouldnt be poppin hot sh*t out ya face !!!!!!!!!!

“Watching the News”

Since: Sep 09

Roswell, NM

#14 May 18, 2011
that's right Utica is a dump, I hated living there.
jay

Frisco, TX

#16 May 18, 2011
DRN wrote:

No one brought up anything about race until you did. So if your main focus is on race, than who really is a racist?
Tabatha Davis

United States

#18 May 18, 2011
This was my nephew my family my Heart. If you don't have anything nice to say Please don't say anything at all. To all the nice comments I do Thank you. Racist and ignorant people are beneath me... R.I.P Reg
lysander

Utica, NY

#19 May 18, 2011
agree with you totally, tabitha....it is tragic enough that a young life was taken, but to have someone come on this forum and rip the hearts out of the grieving family is something else...they must remember that Karma comes back to haunt, and I believe it will....just saying,,RIP, Reggie
shena Patterson

United States

#20 May 18, 2011
God Bless you and your family through this sad time. I will keep all of you in my prayers!! Disregard all the negative commets. These are all people who didn't know him as a kind and respectable young man and father.
Tabatha Davis wrote:
This was my nephew my family my Heart. If you don't have anything nice to say Please don't say anything at all. To all the nice comments I do Thank you. Racist and ignorant people are beneath me... R.I.P Reg
saddened

East Syracuse, NY

#21 May 18, 2011
To the family & friends of Reggie: I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this horrible time. I wish that things like this didn't happen, especially to someone that is still so young, with babies of his own. Hopefully, the person/ people responsible will be caught and held accountable. This won't bring him back, but maybe give a bit of closure to his loved ones.
track

New York, NY

#22 May 18, 2011
DRN wrote:
so tell us what happened???
not cool

Middleville, NY

#27 May 18, 2011
White supreme you need to look into some therapy! I cant believe you can say something that heartless. No people deserve to have there family slammed on topix! Please do our community a favor and check yourself into the nearest mental health facility...unbelievable.
Justice

Middleville, NY

#28 May 18, 2011
Who did it? I heard Trish talking! Rip Reggie
DRN

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#29 May 18, 2011
White Supreme wrote:
TO ALL YOU SADDENED BY THIS:
What a great day it is to have one less convict walk the street. What did you think was going to happen when you are involved in drugs and guns and only aspire to be a rapper?
Typical ignorant racist. You may be white, but that's it. Your ilk (look it up) is doomed to extinction, just as your klan bird, the dodo.
new yorker

United States

#30 May 18, 2011
to the white racist...its people like you that keep this society in an ass backward way of thinking. I bet you have no idea who this boy even was. You have no right to even past judgement. That would be if i was to say you live in a trailer, sleep with your mom and your sister is your daughter, you live off ssi and drink beer all day with your country loving redneck friends. BET IM RIGHT. rip REGGIE those who truely knew you know your a good man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State Prisons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 inmate dead, 16 injured in Delano prison riot (Apr '09) Aug 19 Superman II 85
News California governor denies parole for Manson fo... Aug 18 Slim Jim 14
News Manson Family grows old in prison (Aug '09) Aug 18 ted 10
News MDOC: 3 Parchman guards charged (Jul '09) Aug 17 payme 17
News Who are the Simon City Royals? (Oct '08) Aug 13 stoney 1,912
News Sarasota woman telling Charles Manson's story (Dec '11) Aug 13 boko palmach 2
News Face-Tattooed Robber Has No Memory of Robbing G... Aug 13 Blessedjohnny 1
More from around the web