Antioch sets regulations for service providers for ex-cons

May 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Contra Costa Times

Leaders here have placed limits on where new service providers for former inmates can locate, despite objections from county officials and civil rights advocates that the rules will hinder ex-cons' efforts to seek help.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated May 6, 2013
lawdy lawdy

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

they will regulate where an "ex-con" goes, but free reign for violent, ruthless mop heads that leave the house every day with the intent to dope peddle, rob, murder and commit every crime in order to "come up" at the expense of others.

Since: May 13

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

True, Antioch has its own crime problems but the state transferred lower level offenders from the state prison to local county jails and mandated that when paroled, they be allocated to reside in various cities and receive job support, housing access, mentoring etc. Due to high recidivism rate, Antioch, concerned about public health, safety, welfare, passed an ordinance restricting them from living in certain areas e.g. near school, parks and sr. centers without a use permit. Good thinking! Antioch was allocated more inmates than any other city (same with Section 8)
lawdy lawdy

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

and sex offenders! so basically, what you are saying is, antioch is pretty much the toilet of the bay area and all its crap gets flushed here?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••