Judges hear oral arguments in Rizer appeal

May 21, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Sentinel

A It could be weeks before the Fourth District Court of Appeals makes a ruling on Paula Rizer's appeal of her murder conviction, after hearing oral arguments in the case last week.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated May 30, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Trash

Ravenswood, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

She needs to stay right where she's at! Mr Rizer didnt get to appeal the sentence she gave him!
aman

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

that's true,she's no better then anyone else that has killed some one and gets 20-life,they have to serve their time so should she.
Low

Ravenswood, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

I agree 100 percent
Blessed

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

This woman needs to let it go & take her pubishment for what she did & leave this poor family alone once & for all! She's put them through enough! I couldn't imagine. You're exactly right, Mr Rizer didn't get an appeal for his life. She shouldnt either! Let her rot in hell.
person

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

Unfortunately, like most spousal abuse cases, no one knows the truth except the 2 people that were there. Poor family, funny they seemed to be realy excited to move into their new house almost before the man was buried.

Since: Dec 11

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

person wrote:
Unfortunately, like most spousal abuse cases, no one knows the truth except the 2 people that were there. Poor family, funny they seemed to be realy excited to move into their new house almost before the man was buried.
Poor you, who had to dredge up a thread silent for almost a year, just to bash the victim's family.
someinfoforya

Ravenswood, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

anonymous411 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor you, who had to dredge up a thread silent for almost a year, just to bash the victim's family.
NO DOUBT!!!
Somemoreinfofory ou

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

I live close to there the house was empty over a year get your facts straight
Columbus BS tracker

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

anonymous411 wrote:
<quoted text>
they didn't move it to house for a year? ha ha they started the 2 weeks after Mr. Rizers death....the bank held them back from making it official....and what ever happened to Ms. Rizers' belongings....all the family heirlooms, videos and picture of her kids and grandchildren? Sorry but if you ask me the real monsters are trying to benefit from his death....First thing they ask for was money.....Those kids of his don't miss him.. they miss the continued financial support he gave them... I think this whole thing is a bunch of bullshit...
Columbus BS tracker

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

I also feel sad for the victims family....drug use is a hard thing to overcome....everyone is so concerned about the family of Kenneth Rizer.. But has anyone thought about the children of Paula Rizer. The pain that they feel? They are victims too... did you ever think about it that way? doesn't she have a son and a daughter both whom have children of their own??How would they feel if they came across these threads.....
GOOD

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

person wrote:
Are you freakin kidding me! I really hope you live your life well, you are a sad, sad person....
Columbus BS tracker

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

GOOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you freakin kidding me! I really hope you live your life well, you are a sad, sad person....
Hey GOOD !! Do you know the families involved.....? How do you know that she killed him in cold blood... How do you know that she DIDN"T act in self defense? how is it that you have so little respect for human life that you even act as tho you know this family... I do know them.... and if you ask me he had it coming
wow

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Columbus BS tracker wrote:
I also feel sad for the victims family....drug use is a hard thing to overcome....everyone is so concerned about the family of Kenneth Rizer.. But has anyone thought about the children of Paula Rizer. The pain that they feel? They are victims too... did you ever think about it that way? doesn't she have a son and a daughter both whom have children of their own??How would they feel if they came across these threads.....
She MURDERED someone, I'm pretty sure no one really cares if she lost her heirlooms! And as for the " spousal abuse" Mr. Rizer NEVER abused her, he loved her, and she wanted for nothing! and as for the house, if that's how I could be close to the memory of my father, I would fight tooth and nail to keep it. I'm sure the Rizers are really loosing sleep that they have you judging how to handle someone MURDERING their father. Get a life!
Columbus BS tracker

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

wow wrote:
<quoted text>
She MURDERED someone, I'm pretty sure no one really cares if she lost her heirlooms! And as for the " spousal abuse" Mr. Rizer NEVER abused her, he loved her, and she wanted for nothing! and as for the house, if that's how I could be close to the memory of my father, I would fight tooth and nail to keep it. I'm sure the Rizers are really loosing sleep that they have you judging how to handle someone MURDERING their father. Get a life!
You're right.. they aren't losing sleep..Because they only want money!!! And who cares about the heirlooms? her kids.....they had nothing to do with this case.....why is it ok to distroy these memoriese of theirs....put yourself in their place... destroying pictures and videos ????A child on the inside told me that they had a party to destroy the household iteam that meant most to her...why not let her kids have those items????
Columbus BS tracker

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

most of what was in that house was Paula's... I found that out via the internet... and yes I think ken set his own house on fire that christmas night over 20 years ago.just like he burnt down that trailor 6 years ago.........was he really that great of a man??or was he master of disguise
Columbus BS tracker

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Blessed wrote:
This woman needs to let it go & take her pubishment for what she did & leave this poor family alone once & for all! She's put them through enough! I couldn't imagine. You're exactly right, Mr Rizer didn't get an appeal for his life. She shouldnt either! Let her rot in hell.
This family is only unhappy because daddy isn't funding their drug habit....daddy handed them thousands in drug money....ask the middle sons wife......cocaine is a nasty DIRTY habit MELISSA Cannon Rizer
Columbus BS tracker

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

wow wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you know what he did or didn;t do to her? just curious how from you're BFE area you know so much,,,,,
Columbus BS tracker

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

person wrote:
So glad to see that someone else thought this was weird.....seriously.... could you sleep sound in the house your dad died in?,,,,,,and if you can sleep sound the why fight the case???? only way I could sleep sound is if I KNEW MY DAD WAS AN ABUSIVE SOB!!!! sorry ya'll.. but i only speak the truth
what?

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>So glad to see that someone else thought this was weird.....seriously.... could you sleep sound in the house your dad died in?,,,,,,and if you can sleep sound the why fight the case???? only way I could sleep sound is if I KNEW MY DAD WAS AN ABUSIVE SOB!!!! sorry ya'll.. but i only speak the truth
You only speak the truth huh? I don't know your definition of the truth but unfounded malicious statements do NOT constitute the truth. You need to edit your last post and make the last sentence read: Sorry y'all but I only make up sh!t in my small little mind and spread it with my cowardly big mouth under an assumed name because I have no evidence to support any of my statements. Furthermore, unless your father has died in the same manner, please do not assume you know what you would or would not do, you have no basis for that assumption.
wow

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>how do you know what he did or didn;t do to her? just curious how from you're BFE area you know so much,,,,,
I KNOW so much because I spent a lot of time with the two of them, that's how I know! I was there when they met, got married, moved, etc.... Any other questions? And for your information I'm not from Meigs Co. Not that that has ANYTHING to do with what I know. I really feel sorry for you. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State Prisons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After troubled execution in Arizona, Ohio to us... Aug 25 Wait 4
Marijuana Ringleader To Do Three Years (Jul '10) Aug 25 yaaawn 9
Sex offender placed under conditional discharge... Aug 25 derp 6
Federal judge recommends tossing Brandon Bloss'... (Dec '08) Aug 25 NikiPA 41
Gettysburg man sentenced in burglary case Aug 24 Steve Gratman 2
Who are the Simon City Royals? (Oct '08) Aug 23 Little reaper 1,723
Appeal due for Melanie McGuire (Sep '09) Aug 23 NoDoOver 50
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••