Clock ticking in Californiaa s new death chamber

Sep 27, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bend Bulletin

Pistachio vinyl covers the gurney in the state's new lethal injection chamber, the only splash of color in a sterile white room where corrections officials intend to put to death rapist-murderer Albert Greenwood Brown next week.

Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
well I do declare

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

LeftisRight wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't pull the trigger on a squirrel. Just another 'tough on crime' tough guy who thinks that he'll make criminals run away if he makes a little noise.
I prefer doing things legally and jailing thugs like this for life. Don't like it? Deal with it.
Would YOU fund his incarceration for the rest of his life YOURSELF?
I will gladly pay for his hot-shot.
Boardwatch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

LeftisRight wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't pull the trigger on a squirrel. Just another 'tough on crime' tough guy who thinks that he'll make criminals run away if he makes a little noise.
I prefer doing things legally and jailing thugs like this for life. Don't like it? Deal with it.
Well, I take it you were not in the Military then having to defend something larger than yourself...

Go ahead then become the savior of the wicked and murderous. I hope you get to meet one of the family members and explain to them how much more valuable the life of the criminal is over their own loss.
john

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

LeftisRight wrote:
<quoted text>
well, if they couldn't i would. ONE SHOT ONE KILL
newzy

Seal Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

Judged:

LeftisRight wrote:
<quoted text>
We dont like it ,and we did deal with it by a large majority by voting for the death penalty. Even if the crime was caught on film and witnessed by a 100 people you would be against it, so dont use the old tired excuse about race and guilt. Try a new tact in your argument against the death penalty, you might get traction. Otherwise you sound like just another slogan spouting liberal.
LeftisRight

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

well I do declare wrote:
<quoted text>
Would YOU fund his incarceration for the rest of his life YOURSELF?
I will gladly pay for his hot-shot.
Of course not, that's what tax dollars are for. If it happened in my state, of course, I'd pay a small share of the cost.

Get someone to explain to you how government works someday...
LeftisRight

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Boardwatch wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I take it you were not in the Military then having to defend something larger than yourself...
Go ahead then become the savior of the wicked and murderous. I hope you get to meet one of the family members and explain to them how much more valuable the life of the criminal is over their own loss.
I'm proud to say I'm not and never have been in the military, especially if that's what makes people demand capital punishment and solving the crime problem with more killing.

And of course I've NEVER been the "savior of the wicked and murderous," nor have I ever believed that "the life of the criminal is more valuable than the life of the victim." Those are just stupid lies you made up about me.
LeftisRight

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

newzy wrote:
<quoted text>We dont like it ,and we did deal with it by a large majority by voting for the death penalty. Even if the crime was caught on film and witnessed by a 100 people you would be against it, so dont use the old tired excuse about race and guilt. Try a new tact in your argument against the death penalty, you might get traction. Otherwise you sound like just another slogan spouting liberal.
Who got to "vote for the death penalty" and when? The courts decided the issue for us, as I remember. In any case, no matter WHO decided it, that doesn't make it RIGHT.

Your only argument FOR capital punishment is that you get off on seeing people executed and playing God. Too bad you look so feeble in the role...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent San Quentin State Prison Discussions

Search the San Quentin State Prison Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where and what is the infamous Willie Green at? (Feb '09) Feb '14 Mrs garcia 3
Worred (Nov '13) Nov '13 Zee Jay 1
Was Texas Prosecutor's Murder an 'Aryan Brother... (Feb '13) Apr '13 exodus 21 24 6
Hero and Zero (Sep '12) Sep '12 cu82b4 2
San Quentin inmates perform Shakespearean trage... (Jun '12) Jun '12 trelone 1
Prosecutors seek to resume California execu... (May '12) May '12 David Owen 1
Where's Theo Frank Buried? (Apr '12) Apr '12 Kurtz 1
•••
•••