Clock ticking in Californiaa s new de...

Clock ticking in Californiaa s new death chamber

There are 27 comments on the Bend Bulletin story from Sep 27, 2010, titled Clock ticking in Californiaa s new death chamber. In it, Bend Bulletin reports that:

Pistachio vinyl covers the gurney in the state's new lethal injection chamber, the only splash of color in a sterile white room where corrections officials intend to put to death rapist-murderer Albert Greenwood Brown next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bend Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Left is Right

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 27, 2010
The Death Penalty is murder. End it NOW, everywhere.
Left is Wrong

Lakewood, CA

#2 Sep 27, 2010
You are a self-righteous idiot! I don't want someone of this ilk on the face of this earth- in prison or out!
Rape and killing of an innocent girl who only wanted to grow up and live her life. That will never be, but to you, you moron, that doesn't count. You feel that you can sit back and feel good about yourself by your narrow opinion that all life is to saved, no matter what vermin and filth it is.
You poor pathetic misguided excuse for a human.
Another Yelping Hyena

Oakland, CA

#3 Sep 27, 2010
Left is Wrong wrote:
You are a self-righteous idiot! I don't want someone of this ilk on the face of this earth- in prison or out!
Rape and killing of an innocent girl who only wanted to grow up and live her life. That will never be, but to you, you moron, that doesn't count. You feel that you can sit back and feel good about yourself by your narrow opinion that all life is to saved, no matter what vermin and filth it is.
Nobody cares what you want. That's just a fact. Nobody.
Another Yelping Hyena

Oakland, CA

#4 Sep 27, 2010
I feel I should point out that we spent $835,000,000.00 for that death chamber. This during one of the greatest depressions since the 1930s.

That's nearly a billion dollars. WTF?!? A BILLION Dollars for a death chamber.

So you see, the government is committed to keeping the death penalty in place.
In Illinois, when HALF the population of death row was cleared of murder by DNA testing, the state SUED to keep the prisoners on death row and execute them. This even though they were PROVEN innocent. Can you believe that?
Their argument was "...well, the were *convicted* after all...." So logic has nothing to do with it. Common sense has nothing to do with it. It's state funded ritualized murder for vengance. This from a big sack of so-called "Christians". What a freaking joke.
So if that's the way it's being run, we really ought to scrap it, or start executing government officials.
Left is Wrong

Lakewood, CA

#5 Sep 27, 2010
Another Yelping Hyena wrote:
I feel I should point out that we spent $835,000,000.00 for that death chamber. This during one of the greatest depressions since the 1930s.
That's nearly a billion dollars. WTF?!? A BILLION Dollars for a death chamber.
So you see, the government is committed to keeping the death penalty in place.
In Illinois, when HALF the population of death row was cleared of murder by DNA testing, the state SUED to keep the prisoners on death row and execute them. This even though they were PROVEN innocent. Can you believe that?
Their argument was "...well, the were *convicted* after all...." So logic has nothing to do with it. Common sense has nothing to do with it. It's state funded ritualized murder for vengance. This from a big sack of so-called "Christians". What a freaking joke.
So if that's the way it's being run, we really ought to scrap it, or start executing government officials.
The ONLY reason the government has spent this kind of money is that bleeding hearts like you keep raising absurd objections as to how "painful" an injection is. I only wish the government would stop listening to your boo-hoo every time someone gets executed. How much would it cost for one 45 slug to the heart? Quick, easy, cheap and the poor little misguided one who wasn't served the right kind of cereal in the morning and acted out his frustrations by raping, mutilating, and torturing innocent victims who only wanted to live their lives out in peace. You are right in one respect:!WTF! for spending so much to placate wimps like you. One wall, one gun, one bullet,one blindfold- pretty much covers it...
Judge Roy Bean

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Sep 27, 2010
Left is Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>The ONLY reason the government has spent this kind of money is that bleeding hearts like you keep raising absurd objections as to how "painful" an injection is. I only wish the government would stop listening to your boo-hoo every time someone gets executed. How much would it cost for one 45 slug to the heart? Quick, easy, cheap and the poor little misguided one who wasn't served the right kind of cereal in the morning and acted out his frustrations by raping, mutilating, and torturing innocent victims who only wanted to live their lives out in peace. You are right in one respect:!WTF! for spending so much to placate wimps like you. One wall, one gun, one bullet,one blindfold- pretty much covers it...
I love this person!
TRUTH

Long Beach, CA

#7 Sep 27, 2010
Some people commit crimes that are so heinous that the death penalty is the appropriate punishment. He showed no compassion when he committed this crime, none should be shown to him now.
Left is Right wrote:
Boardwatch

UK

#8 Sep 27, 2010
So why is ending this piece of Sh!ts life taking so long..?

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#9 Sep 28, 2010
Left is Right wrote:
If We could end murderers, We would'nt need the death penalty, perhaps with the exception of treason, or Traitors of the State, which these days could clog up death row pretty quickly.
Utah has it right, a chair backed by sandbags, 3 shooters, 2 live rounds and a blank round, so the shooter does'nt know if it was His/Her round that killed the condemned.
You see, rather than worry about a killer feeling "pain", They're more concerned about the person who shot the condemned Prisoners concience.
well I do declare

Waterloo, IA

#10 Sep 28, 2010
Stick em. Tag em. Bag em.
NEXT !!
Left is Right

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 29, 2010
Left is Wrong wrote:
Nice meltdown, nutjob.'Splain to us again how executing said piece of filth will bring the girl back again?
Left is Right

Columbus, OH

#12 Sep 29, 2010
Left is Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>The ONLY reason the government has spent this kind of money is that bleeding hearts like you keep raising absurd objections as to how "painful" an injection is. I only wish the government would stop listening to your boo-hoo every time someone gets executed. How much would it cost for one 45 slug to the heart? Quick, easy, cheap and the poor little misguided one who wasn't served the right kind of cereal in the morning and acted out his frustrations by raping, mutilating, and torturing innocent victims who only wanted to live their lives out in peace. You are right in one respect:!WTF! for spending so much to placate wimps like you. One wall, one gun, one bullet,one blindfold- pretty much covers it...
So the actual question of guilt or innocence doesn't really matter to you, just putting a bullet in someone?

How, then, are you different from a murderer? Other than the fact that you're too cowardly to pull the trigger YOURSELF...
Left is Right

Columbus, OH

#13 Sep 29, 2010
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>If We could end murderers, We would'nt need the death penalty, perhaps with the exception of treason, or Traitors of the State, which these days could clog up death row pretty quickly.
Utah has it right, a chair backed by sandbags, 3 shooters, 2 live rounds and a blank round, so the shooter does'nt know if it was His/Her round that killed the condemned.
You see, rather than worry about a killer feeling "pain", They're more concerned about the person who shot the condemned Prisoners concience.
I'm more worried about serious issues - racial bias in death-penalty cases, bias against people too poor to afford capable attorneys, regional bias, bias by gender, and above all, the chance that an innocent person could be executed.

The death penalty is outmoded and barbaric. I say we join the civilized world and do away with it.
Left is Wrong

Lakewood, CA

#14 Sep 29, 2010
Left is Right wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more worried about serious issues - racial bias in death-penalty cases, bias against people too poor to afford capable attorneys, regional bias, bias by gender, and above all, the chance that an innocent person could be executed.
The death penalty is outmoded and barbaric. I say we join the civilized world and do away with it.
You know what? I'm tired of this conversation. How can one reason with an idiot who wants to coddle every form of human filth, no matter what heinous thing they have done to innocent people who deserve to have a place on earth and be helped with public funds rather than vermin who just cost responsible citizens millions of dollars a year? Charles Manson thinks the whole thing is the funniest thing how bleeding hearts continue to give him room and board year after year. Ron White said it best: "You can't fix stupid!"
Left is Right

Columbus, OH

#15 Sep 30, 2010
Left is Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? I'm tired of this conversation. How can one reason with an idiot who wants to coddle every form of human filth, no matter what heinous thing they have done to innocent people who deserve to have a place on earth and be helped with public funds rather than vermin who just cost responsible citizens millions of dollars a year? Charles Manson thinks the whole thing is the funniest thing how bleeding hearts continue to give him room and board year after year. Ron White said it best: "You can't fix stupid!"
Translation:

"I'm too stupid or inept to get my points across and can't tolerate dissent with my views, so....you're a stupid idiot!!"

Understood.
Boardwatch

UK

#16 Sep 30, 2010
Left is Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice meltdown, nutjob.'Splain to us again how executing said piece of filth will bring the girl back again?
It will prevent it from ever happening again by the hands of this POS.

Am I wrong..?

It will Also save Taxpayers about $50,000 a year

What would you tell the Family of this guys next victim...?

(which could be a kid in Prison for a Marijuana conviction)
Boardwatch

UK

#17 Sep 30, 2010
Left is Right wrote:
<quoted text>
So the actual question of guilt or innocence doesn't really matter to you, just putting a bullet in someone?
How, then, are you different from a murderer? Other than the fact that you're too cowardly to pull the trigger YOURSELF...
I'll pull the trigger.

I have no problem protecting the public (especially defenseless little girls who get raped before they get killed)

Maybe if he gets a reprieve he can come and live at your house with your family...

Put your money where your mouth is Mr. Bleeding Heart.
john

Hesperia, CA

#18 Sep 30, 2010
if they have had their chance at proving their innocent and they couldn't; kill em.
LeftisRight

Columbus, OH

#19 Oct 1, 2010
Boardwatch wrote:
<quoted text>
It will prevent it from ever happening again by the hands of this POS.
Am I wrong..?
It will Also save Taxpayers about $50,000 a year
What would you tell the Family of this guys next victim...?
(which could be a kid in Prison for a Marijuana conviction)
There won't be a "next victim" when he's in high-security for life. You simply want to kill people legally and on the cheap, who cares if they're really guilty or not.

Spare me the self-righteous rage...
LeftisRight

Columbus, OH

#20 Oct 1, 2010
Boardwatch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll pull the trigger.
I have no problem protecting the public (especially defenseless little girls who get raped before they get killed)
Maybe if he gets a reprieve he can come and live at your house with your family...
Put your money where your mouth is Mr. Bleeding Heart.
You couldn't pull the trigger on a squirrel. Just another 'tough on crime' tough guy who thinks that he'll make criminals run away if he makes a little noise.

I prefer doing things legally and jailing thugs like this for life. Don't like it? Deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Quentin State Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Was Texas Prosecutor's Murder an 'Aryan Brother... (Feb '13) Jun '17 Grecian Formula 19 7
News Ironwood inmates to walk the 'last mile' (Feb '16) Feb '16 Tom 1
News On This Day: Johnny Cash Plays at Folsom Prison (Jan '09) Jan '16 Ryan Riders 23
News California to stop isolating gang leaders in pr... (Sep '15) Nov '15 El Gato 8
Inmate History Information Records (Dec '11) Aug '15 M J Pattillo 2
News Prosecutors seek to resume California execu... (May '12) Jun '15 Sneaky Pete 3
Where and what is the infamous Willie Green at? (Feb '09) Feb '14 Mrs garcia 3
More from around the web