California plans to sell San Quentin ...

California plans to sell San Quentin prison

There are 9 comments on the Free Republic story from May 14, 2009, titled California plans to sell San Quentin prison. In it, Free Republic reports that:

The California Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, wants to sell state property, including the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and San Quentin State Prison, to raise $600 million to $1 billion over the next two to five years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Littleton, CO

#1 May 15, 2009
He's just hell-bent on payring for illegal alien border jumpers and their kids, instead of doing everything he can to protect the California citizens!

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 May 15, 2009
The State of California is going into the drug cartel business to raise capital. I wonder if he is going to sell steroids? After all look what they have done for him! Never mind the heart muscle issues he has had starting at 45 years old.
Heroin is a big profit maker. I know of junkies that gave every last penny they had for a fix!
This has to be a democrats wet dream. Think of the money/power they will have! Hell, religion isn't the opiat of the masses... heroin is!

Littleton, CO

#3 May 16, 2009
take this one back up.
What the hey

Littleton, CO

#4 May 17, 2009
take this one up.

Saint Louis, MO

#5 May 17, 2009
Deport the 3+ MILLION Illegal aliens in California. Stop paying for their health care, schooling, food stamps, HUD, WIC, imprisonment, and so on.

The taxpayers KNOW this would fix the budget, the government KNOWS this too.

“PlainThoughtsDel iveredRoughly”

Since: Aug 07

#6 May 17, 2009
I say hast la vista ARNIE ! Say hello to ol Mexico....

Littleton, CO

#7 May 17, 2009
Arnie is a lame excuse for
a Governor. He hears "migrants"
and thinks they're all legal or
buries his head under his pillow.
They're bankrupting CA....

United States

#8 May 27, 2009
Our elected official are over-paid, under-worked, greedy and arrogant. They are sooo far detached from what the average person goes through to make a dollar they don't have a clue. We need to elect common people, not movie stars or whomsoever has the biggest bankroll. But money talks... unfortunately. Until someone stands up and does something about ALL the problems this state is facing, it's hopeless. Prepare for higher taxes, less services (not that we have any services right now) and more people unemployed. After all, just what do we produce in this country anyone wants? Nothing.. We are a nation of consumers and that's about all..
kisha white

United States

#9 Jul 21, 2009
if he sale the prison where all the imates going....2 the governors house.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Quentin State Prison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Was Texas Prosecutor's Murder an 'Aryan Brother... (Feb '13) Jun '17 Grecian Formula 19 7
News Ironwood inmates to walk the 'last mile' (Feb '16) Feb '16 Tom 1
News On This Day: Johnny Cash Plays at Folsom Prison (Jan '09) Jan '16 Ryan Riders 23
News California to stop isolating gang leaders in pr... (Sep '15) Nov '15 El Gato 8
Inmate History Information Records (Dec '11) Aug '15 M J Pattillo 2
News Prosecutors seek to resume California execu... (May '12) Jun '15 Sneaky Pete 3
Where and what is the infamous Willie Green at? (Feb '09) Feb '14 Mrs garcia 3