Tenn. executes man who killed 3...

Dec 2, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KNUS-AM Aurora

A man who spent 28 years on death row for killing three people while robbing a Nashville convenience store has been executed.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
bigdaddy

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Took too long for that boy to "ride the lightning" as far as I'm concerned. How many youg punks did he encourage why he was in prison. How many prison gaurds did this man hurt? He had 28 years to wait for an chance to kill a gaurd. I guess they were lucky. He had way too long of a life. His victems were buried three days after they were killed, but yet he lived on for another 28 years. That is pathetic. WHile his family visited him alive, the victims family could only visit a tombstone.
Studmonkey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

A hundred years from now people will read about how way justice was dished out in this country with the death penalty being used to stop crime. Crime has been with us since Eve broke the law by eating that fruit, Cain killing Able and a host of other laws being broken. God said thy shall not kill, period! Death is not a punishment it's a reward for living a fruitful life.
surrondedbymoron s

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

Studmonkey wrote:
A hundred years from now people will read about how way justice was dished out in this country with the death penalty being used to stop crime. Crime has been with us since Eve broke the law by eating that fruit, Cain killing Able and a host of other laws being broken. God said thy shall not kill, period! Death is not a punishment it's a reward for living a fruitful life.
Why is that you people have no problem putting down a rabid dog or an animal that attacks people but you will cry and plead for the life of a person who has shown themselves to be no better than a rabid animal? Would you really be against the death penalty if it was your family members or yourself for that matter that were killed just for being there and in the way? When a person commits a crime against a fellow human we should not be rewarding them by letting them hangout in a jail for 29 yrs being cared for. If there is hard proof that this person committed the crime then they should put down. You are correct that crime as always been around but it has never been to the level that it has been in the last 40+ years because of people who don't want to use the death penalty, criminals know now that they will not get more than a slap on the wrist for a crime no matter how harsh, so why should they care if they get caught, they will just deny it to their last breath or worst admit to it and still get a light sentence. The police arrest the same people over and over again for the same crimes or they start to do worst crimes. Why is it that know one ever gets upset about the criminals being released back onto the streets over and over again until someone gets killed, that is when people notice. And then people like you come out and spout your bible verses and say that it is up to God to serve up justice. So maybe he will serve up justice but why should we keep such a thing alive any longer, why not send him on ahead to get his justice served upon him. It is not you giving the shot, it was not you on the jury that handed down the sentence. So why should you care, your hands are not getting dirty. Death is not a reward for a fruitful life, it is just death, the end. If you believe in God and the afterlife then that is your reward NOT death. I personally don't want rabid humans running around anymore than I want rabid dogs, so they should both be put down and gotten rid of for the betterment of the rest of us. A hundred years from now will never come if we keep giving criminals back their rights even after they have proved again and again that they don't deserve them. WHY?? Because the world will have fallen into complete disarray cause criminals would have more rights than the innocents and they will run things. Ever seen Escape from New York? That is what things will become if we keep letting people off for their crimes and not getting rid of those ones that do murder.
jjj

Stanton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

now that the state has killed him, now what, I mean there is nothing, Thou shall not kill... so the state just broke one of the commandents
Studmonkey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

surrondedbymorons wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that you people have no problem putting down a rabid dog or an animal that attacks people but you will cry and plead for the life of a person who has shown themselves to be no better than a rabid animal? Would you really be against the death penalty if it was your family members or yourself for that matter that were killed just for being there and in the way? When a person commits a crime against a fellow human we should not be rewarding them by letting them hangout in a jail for 29 yrs being cared for. If there is hard proof that this person committed the crime then they should put down. You are correct that crime as always been around but it has never been to the level that it has been in the last 40+ years because of people who don't want to use the death penalty, criminals know now that they will not get more than a slap on the wrist for a crime no matter how harsh, so why should they care if they get caught, they will just deny it to their last breath or worst admit to it and still get a light sentence. The police arrest the same people over and over again for the same crimes or they start to do worst crimes. Why is it that know one ever gets upset about the criminals being released back onto the streets over and over again until someone gets killed, that is when people notice. And then people like you come out and spout your bible verses and say that it is up to God to serve up justice. So maybe he will serve up justice but why should we keep such a thing alive any longer, why not send him on ahead to get his justice served upon him. It is not you giving the shot, it was not you on the jury that handed down the sentence. So why should you care, your hands are not getting dirty. Death is not a reward for a fruitful life, it is just death, the end. If you believe in God and the afterlife then that is your reward NOT death. I personally don't want rabid humans running around anymore than I want rabid dogs, so they should both be put down and gotten rid of for the betterment of the rest of us. A hundred years from now will never come if we keep giving criminals back their rights even after they have proved again and again that they don't deserve them. WHY?? Because the world will have fallen into complete disarray cause criminals would have more rights than the innocents and they will run things. Ever seen Escape from New York? That is what things will become if we keep letting people off for their crimes and not getting rid of those ones that do murder.
Let those without sin cast the first stone... As someone that served 7 calender years myself back in the 80's, I can speck first hand about how your prison system works. I was one of the few that got an education while in prison, and lucky enough be get hired by a family in Union City, Tenn. Starting over wasn't easy, but I made the choise to better myself. Now after many years I own the same type of business. Hiring only ex-felons. Some have turned out to be pieces of crap, but that doesn't stop my belife in mankind. I'm not a bible thumper, as a matter of fact I do not believe in any eastern religions. I only post what my I think, and it seems most folks do believe in a God, but then they want to change what their bible teaches to suit there wants and needs. I believe you should either believe it all and follow the teachings or throw it out and live the way you really feel. Just me rambling....
Jen

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

He got 28 years more than he should have! I bet the families of his victims wish they'd had 28 more years. Adios piece of crap.
Dan

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

YEAH, FINALLY!!!
Lady Stokes

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

The book of life (Bible) said obey the laws of the land,they stoned people in the bible days,so whats different about them? He should be died because he didn't obey the laws,you just don't go around killing nobody,that aint right! We need more saved people around here and not these pretenders.
andrea jones

Orlinda, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Studmonkey wrote:
Capital punishment is in the bible and I agree that if you do the crime you should reap the punishment. Thank God for death penalty. It should be used more and a lot of crime would cease.
andrea jones

Orlinda, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

surrondedbymorons wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and thank God for getting these hard criminals off the streets so this world can be a better place.
andrea jones

Orlinda, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

jjj wrote:
now that the state has killed him, now what, I mean there is nothing, Thou shall not kill... so the state just broke one of the commandents
get real! if it were your loved one then you would want to put them away for ever.......... so what!. it's ok to take the life of a person. I dont think so!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Riverbend Maximum Security Institution Discussions

Search the Riverbend Maximum Security Institution Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
jerry honey (Jul '13) Sep '13 heartbroken 6
Bradly Osborne "Spiderman" (Mar '13) Mar '13 james hillman 1
RAY clemmons (Nov '12) Nov '12 unknown 1
Riverbend prison warden steps down to take medi... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Officer nashville 1
Lottery Conducted On Which News Group Will Be P... (Oct '10) Oct '10 sonny 1
Bredesen will not consider clemency for Johnson (Nov '09) Nov '09 Domo 1
What's next in Christian/Newsom cases (Aug '09) Sep '09 toxicity 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••