13 Workers Suspended Amid Prison Shakedown

Sep 1, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WRTV Indianapolis

A crackdown on drug use and contraband trafficking at the Pendleton Correctional Facility has led to the suspension of 13 staff members.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Shadow

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

I am an Officer at Pendleton. Let me say that the administration treated us terrible during this drug testing. I tested positive for my prescription medicine. They walked us upstairs to a conference room and put us in there with everyone who tested positive. We then waited for several hours and were questioned by Internal Affairs and our cars were ransacked. This was after working a twelve hour shift. We were kept over several more hours. I feel this could of happened with more respect and more of a professional approach than what we received. I feel a medical Doctor should have read these test and been aware of our medications to receive a professional opinion instead of all the loops we had to jump through to prove no guilt on our part just medicine the Doctor prescribed. We are under paid and under staffed beyond belief. We do the job of four to five people at times. I have never felt so violated in my entire life. I for one will be leaving the DOC on my own accord.
keepin on toes

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Wow I cant imagine what it must be like to have to go through something like that to be treated the way that you were treated and it was a prescription medication. I have a friend that is in the prison right now and he writes me telling me what is going on. I understand that these are prisoners but a lot of them are good people and just made a few mistakes in their lives and now are treated like dogs. It just does not seem fair what everybody is going through and I just wanted to let everybody know that you have someone on your side....

143 143
jbrown

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Shadow,can you say why they are still on lock down?And why are they punishing the inmates for what the staff is doing ?
pcf_ir

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

If they came off lockdown today, they would go right back on lockdown since there isn't enough staff to run any rec,chow, medical, visits, and school lines. We needed a long lockdown to clean everyting out anyways. Its part of prison.
Shadow

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

I honestly don't know. The inmates usually know before the Officers. Sad but true.
Crazy Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Judged:

My son is in Pendleton, he says 1 of 4 inmates have cell phones. He says it is easier to get drugs in there than on the streets. The place is a joke. Prison is punishment not talking on cell phones watching cable tv all day. Prisons should be hell holes that no one would ever want to return to,
Wake up IN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

The prison is a mess. The people downtown are sending in ERO people who have no idea what they are doing and have never run a maximum security prison or anything for that matter. The staff moral is very low and many of the staff are looking for jobs elswhere. The State will not allow them to hire more people and they are so short staffed that they must stay on constant lock down. People who know how to safely operate the prison are being moved and it is a real mess. These are the people who care about what happens and what is fair for both the officers and the inmates. The State is going to have a real disaster on their hands if they don't get the people in there that can really operate the prison. I guess they will have to have a guard killed or a riot before they will wake up and pay attention. The problem is that they have over the years promoted these ERO people without merit and now they have no where to put them.
Shadow

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

I resigned as I said in my previous post. They have the Internal Affairs lead man on 30 days suspension pending investigation. People it wasn't all Officer's that had dirty urine test alot of the Administration did. Only one person I heard was offered substance abuse and that was a substance abuse employee. Mind blowing. Thank God I got a better opportunity and got the hell out. They must stay on constant lock-down not enough staff to run the place. They keep up their good old boy system and things are going to continue to spiral down.
imc

Clarksville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Crazy Jim wrote:
My son is in Pendleton, he says 1 of 4 inmates have cell phones. He says it is easier to get drugs in there than on the streets. The place is a joke. Prison is punishment not talking on cell phones watching cable tv all day. Prisons should be hell holes that no one would ever want to return to,
Aw don't worry from what Im told from an inmate there in the level one part it is a hell hole! And worse by the day. Sad part alot of these will be getting out having had no rehabilitation teaching, classes, ways to better themselves and come out better members of society. Just learning shaky situation survival skills and to be mean and "tough" to protect themselves. Not a good outcome.
nadine

Pélussin, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

This lockdown is so unfair ! Inmates have done nothing to violate the rules ! They should at least be allowed to order commissary !!!
This situation is so hard !!!
Mom2one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

To crazy Jim why would you want your son in a hellhole?
Whinemeariver

Alexandria, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judged:

For all you so called inmate wives and girlfriends who support these scumbags,just remember after hugging and kissing you on a visit,the BEASTS return to their real LOVES;another MAN in the cell also hugs and kisses them!!!!Scumbags Support Scumbags!!!
Hoosier_Vet

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

They are allowed to order commissary this month and next month. I still don't feel sorry for them though. Most of them only think about themselves.
In luv with an inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Whiney person....
If you don't know don't speak. You don't know who is in for what reason. If you are an activist go save the trees & stop bashing people's loved ones. Not everyone is a rapist,child molester, some people take the law into their own hands because the system fails. They are being punished yes but you have no right to judge because I doubt you're innocent. Have a nice day;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pendleton Correctional Facility Discussions

Search the Pendleton Correctional Facility Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Furthermore ... May '14 Captain 3
Pendleton Correctional Facility Overcrowding (Sep '12) Feb '14 ladyzen11 5
Prison agency: Care of mentally ill inmates better Feb '14 ladyzen11 1
Inmates (Dec '09) Feb '14 ladyzen11 25
Health care in prison?? Feb '14 ladyzen11 1
2 Ind. prisons using dogs to detect cell phones (Jan '14) Jan '14 sharita bell 1
Should inmates be allowed to have cell phones? (Feb '09) Dec '13 Hoosier_Vet 56
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••