Mlake73

Fishers, IN

#1 Jan 10, 2011
Has anyone else had a problem with the ION Scan machine going off and detecting narcotics or controlled substances on you, when your NOT using them or around anyone who is? It was my first time to ever visit in December, and it went off, but they couldn't tell me what they found. I lost a contact visit, for absolutely no reason. I'm an elementary school teacher, and I have never used nor been around anyone who does drugs. It was humiliating and offensive to me...I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone else has experienced false positives?
Anonymous

Fishers, IN

#4 Jan 11, 2011
Thank you for the information! That's funny that you said the chaplain failed, but then they let him in...I told the female guard that the machine must have made a mistake, and she said, "This machine doesn't make mistakes", obviously they do. She also told me that the machine couldn't tell her what substance they found on me, just that there was either narcotics and or a controlled substance on my person. She couldn't tell me because there wasn't anything to begin with! It's ironic that they could tell you and the chaplain what the substance was...thanks again!
Sickofwhiners

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 13, 2011
You dirty trafficking visitors are the same as the SCUM you visit!They are never guilty of anything and you are the same.So what if you are a school teacher?There should be no visits at all for the SCUM in our prisons.
Anonymous

Fishers, IN

#6 Jan 13, 2011
Don't be PATHETIC and show your true intelligence...thanks for your comment, it's people like you who help generate the continued cycle of hate and ignorance in this world!!!!!
Wakinyela

AOL

#7 Feb 5, 2011
I believe that people who judge everyone or give everyone a tag of being scum. Should look in a mirror.. Dont worry God will have his chance at you too. Walk in Peace.
Enlightened One

United States

#8 Feb 15, 2011
Hey SickofWhiners, quit whining!
trinket73

United States

#9 May 30, 2011
Sickofwhiners wrote:
You dirty trafficking visitors are the same as the SCUM you visit!They are never guilty of anything and you are the same.So what if you are a school teacher?There should be no visits at all for the SCUM in our prisons.
You are a rude low life! My fiance has more love and compassion for me and our children. Just because he made a mistake does not make him scum. He did not rape, molest, or kill anyone. U need to get a life
Ken Kramer

United States

#10 Jun 10, 2011
I got checked at MKE Airport, I did have Narcotics on me lots of Prescription ones with valid scripts (SCH 2) and they can't say jack. After I was scanned they let me through and didn't say anything, go figure. This started because I put by medical bag through the xray and they saw the pills, they didn't bother to open the bag and look at the labels. Stupid.
informed

Frankton, IN

#11 Jun 16, 2011
I used to work there a while back. This is not the first machine they have had in there. The first ion machine was even worse. I had been there all day and this was the third trip through and it went off and said I was using LSD? Really? I had to take a urine test which I passed. My boss was coming in the building behind me and just laughed and said it did the exact same thing to him. Some employees it would go off on almost everyday and they were tested everyday... made no sense.
THE BOSS

United States

#12 Jul 30, 2011
TO THE ONE WHO SAYS THAT WE ARE SCUM AND THAT THE ONES IN PRISON ARE SCUM AND THEY DONT DESERVE VISITS YOU ARE NOT PERFECT EITHER AND THEY HAVE A HEART TOO YOU ARE THE TYPE OF PERSON THEY WOULDNT WANT A VISIT FROM ANYWAY GOD HATES UGLY
Mom2one

Washington, DC

#13 Aug 2, 2011
To the one who whines: your mom will be waiting with the devil for you. She has turned canibal and is going to eat you. Enjoy your visit
tonya

Logan, OH

#14 Dec 1, 2011
these prisoners are not all scum but it sounds like the gaurds are true pieces of shit
Jack

Muncie, IN

#15 Dec 19, 2011
tonya wrote:
these prisoners are not all scum but it sounds like the gaurds are true pieces of shit
Not all the guards are pieces of shit as you have said. So think before you comment
marsha

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jan 29, 2012
Sickofwhiners wrote:
You dirty trafficking visitors are the same as the SCUM you visit!They are never guilty of anything and you are the same.So what if you are a school teacher?There should be no visits at all for the SCUM in our prisons.
You say that like you have never done a bad thing in your life, but a little digging would bring up u as a scum too. u assume that because we may visit someone in prison, that automatically makes us just as guilty as the one we visit. personally I think that makes u not only an idiot, but very judgemental, and I hope your not going to pop up and say your Christian, because that is not a Christian way.
Darkangel77

United States

#17 Feb 12, 2012
Sick of whiners.... You need to stop putting down people you don't know. Some people sit in there for protecting their loved ones. I doubt you're innocent.
Invictus_Dixit

Caledonia, Canada

#18 Dec 2, 2012
Sickofwhiners wrote:
You dirty trafficking visitors are the same as the SCUM you visit!They are never guilty of anything and you are the same.So what if you are a school teacher?There should be no visits at all for the SCUM in our prisons.
If you have nothing positive to say, perhaps you'd be better off as a person saying nothing! You are what your attitudes reveal..and in this case you are obviously mis-informed and very negative. None the less let's hope you are having a better day today...because the Ionscan machines do give off false-positive readings...for those who research issues before passing judgement.
Invictus_Dixit

Caledonia, Canada

#19 Dec 2, 2012
Mlake73 wrote:
Has anyone else had a problem with the ION Scan machine going off and detecting narcotics or controlled substances on you, when your NOT using them or around anyone who is? It was my first time to ever visit in December, and it went off, but they couldn't tell me what they found. I lost a contact visit, for absolutely no reason. I'm an elementary school teacher, and I have never used nor been around anyone who does drugs. It was humiliating and offensive to me...I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone else has experienced false positives?
I understand this one...it happens in Canada too. I wanted to visit a relative and the Ionscan machine alarm went off. Supposedly my leather belt had ions of a drug within it. Not having used drugs ever in my life this was weird. When I asked how I could extract the drugs from the leather without a Chemistry lab the Corrections people were Not amused....but none the less the miniscule ions falsely detected were enough to stop visitation. Now if I choose to visit I have to sit in "designated" seating so the staff can 'watch' me. It's all rather stupid...but trying to fight the bureacracy is like pulling teeth..they do not want to recognize how ridiculous the process is nor how poorly the Ionscan machines perform, and they don't care about the expense of travelling to visit.
Shawna

Fort Madison, IA

#21 Oct 6, 2013
This happened to me on Sunday! I work in a place that handels money on a daily basis! I don't do nor am I around anyone who uses drugs!!! I even called the hospital and asked if handling money could cause a false positive, and they said YES! 90% of money has drug residue on it... The machines are a complete joke. I was told to sanitize EVERYTHING! I heard you can use alcohol to remove and residue that you may have came in contact with from money, door handels, debit/credit card machines ect. You can also use it in your wash (just 4 teaspoons) to get residue off from just walking in the store. Dont touch anything more than you have to the day of your visit. It's so tramatic to visitors and inmates that it's ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pendleton Correctional Facility Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 Ind. prisons using dogs to detect cell phones (Jan '14) Jul '14 billy 2
Furthermore ... (Mar '14) May '14 Captain 3
Pendleton Correctional Facility Overcrowding (Sep '12) Feb '14 ladyzen11 5
Prison agency: Care of mentally ill inmates better (Feb '14) Feb '14 ladyzen11 1
Inmates (Dec '09) Feb '14 ladyzen11 25
Health care in prison?? (Feb '14) Feb '14 ladyzen11 1
Should inmates be allowed to have cell phones? (Feb '09) Dec '13 Hoosier_Vet 56

Pendleton Correctional Facility People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE