want to marry the love of my life.

Jackson, TN

#1 Feb 23, 2010
my fiance is coming to northwest soon from west tennessee state penitentiary. i was wondering if any one knew what the process is to get married. we want to get married soon but dont know how to start process. any info would be great
married to inmate

Nashville, TN

#2 Jan 10, 2011
its a long process but you need to write the chaplin and warden and he has to do same. good luck
lost cat

Paris, TN

#3 Dec 15, 2011
To married inmate you both have to send intent letter to chaplain. Then it goes to warden for approval and their is a 90 days waiting period. Then you will receive a letter from the chaplain telling you if approved and when to call back to set up appointment with chaplain and your fiancee to discuss things. I am in this same boat, things have been approved but today I was told to call back after the first of the year, prison system is too busy this month. My waiting period was up today. But i have to wait til then. I used to be an officer, and I resigned, and I did the right thing but they aren't to happy about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwest Correctional Complex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang stabbing at Nwcx Mar 2 Bonnie 7
July 26- not feeding inmates and the air is off (Jul '15) Feb 17 Marymae 3
News Lawmakers push for prison reform (Aug '15) Jan '18 Brittney 13
Curious (Jun '17) Aug '17 InmateSis 2
Gang fight (Apr '17) Apr '17 Montana 1
Gang life (May '16) May '16 Concerned 1
News Tiptonville inmate captured in Kentucky (Jul '15) Jul '15 Chuck visiting 1