Hundreds vow to fight for Moriah Shock

Jan 28, 2010 Full story: Press-Republican 13

A support rally for the Moriah Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility drew hundreds of people and dozens of pledges to fight to keep the local shock camp open.

Full Story

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Jan 31, 2010
Oh.....let me get this straight.....

APA, who are a group of rich beeotches who love nothing better trhan to fuxx with anyone in the "Park" all for "natural granola crunching" vs. an ACTUAL program that does very well, basicaly stops recidivism, ACTUALLY DOES THE JOB RIGHT, costing thousands of dollars less.......

OH YEAH....KEEP THE APA GRANOLA MUNCHERS AND THROW MORIAH SHOCK PEOPLE UNDER THE TRAIN.....

How's that work for you.

FGHBP the APA, KEEP MORIAH SHOCK!!!

Moriah Shock works!!!
system

Crown Point, NY

#2 Feb 5, 2010
the program saves millions, stops young people from returning to jail, gives them education,provides jobs, lowers taxes,for the area supports the local people, you know this has too go, because that is the albany way,
Tommy

Woodstock, GA

#3 Mar 20, 2010
I was an inmate at Moriah back in 1992 and I can tell you first hand that the program works. Rather than do 30 months at a prison that does nothing but teaches you how to commit the next crime, I was given the opportunity to be "rehabilited" through military-style disciple.

The early morning runs resulted in me becoming an avid 10k runner. The 6 hours of daily hard labor gave me the ambition to get the proper education so that I would improve my lifestyle. The decision-making classes helped me realize that it's better to walk-away than to make long-term mistakes.

The things that I learned at Moriah are things that I would have never learned otherwise. Anyone that says that the program is a waste of time or money is an idiot (in my opinion).

Today, I live in Atlanta and work as an Electrical Engineer. And I'd be more than happy and stand up with my family to prove it to any nay-sayers.
Port Henry resident

United States

#4 Mar 20, 2010
Tommy wrote:
I was an inmate at Moriah back in 1992 and I can tell you first hand that the program works. Rather than do 30 months at a prison that does nothing but teaches you how to commit the next crime, I was given the opportunity to be "rehabilited" through military-style disciple.
The early morning runs resulted in me becoming an avid 10k runner. The 6 hours of daily hard labor gave me the ambition to get the proper education so that I would improve my lifestyle. The decision-making classes helped me realize that it's better to walk-away than to make long-term mistakes.
The things that I learned at Moriah are things that I would have never learned otherwise. Anyone that says that the program is a waste of time or money is an idiot (in my opinion).
Today, I live in Atlanta and work as an Electrical Engineer. And I'd be more than happy and stand up with my family to prove it to any nay-sayers.
I was corrections officer for 7 years. Most of the inmates I dealt with looked for excuses, instead of trying to imrpove. You chose to do better. Congratulations, you are one of the few success stories. Now, contact Governor Patterson because posting on this blog will never get your testimony heard in Albany!
contact albany

Plattsburgh, NY

#5 Mar 21, 2010
Please contact albany with your story.
miner

AOL

#6 Mar 21, 2010
Tommy wrote:
are u the one who fell in the mine shaft over by the fire dept.?
Are u the inmate who fell into the mine shaft over by the fire dept.?
miner

AOL

#7 Mar 21, 2010
we have been looking for you!!
just for fun

Pittsfield, MA

#8 Mar 23, 2010
This is a joke!!! All the people in Moriah bitched and went it when the state was going to open this prison saying that inmates would be escapping all the time and stealing from people in town. Now the state is closing it down and all these same people are mad. After living in Moriah I think ALL you f'n people are a buntch of dumb asses. Half of you still think the mines are going to reopen.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
sweet

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Mar 23, 2010
just for fun should jump off a bridge(ours is gone so go far away!)
duFie

Crown Point, NY

#10 Mar 23, 2010
hE haS a poiNt Tho...
Former inmate

Albany, NY

#11 Mar 26, 2010
Tommy, I too am a former inmate from 6.25. I truly hope they dont close Moriah. It helped me build confidence in myself and a foundation to be a positive person with a great life,great family and a very productive member of society. If it wasnt for that place I dont think I would be where I am today.
Former inmate

Albany, NY

#12 Mar 26, 2010
Do any of you have a link to a petition or who to get in touch with to voice my opinion?
Retired

Howes Cave, NY

#13 Mar 28, 2010
Tommy wrote:
Good for you. This program not only helps the people doing time for their crimes, but the people who work in Shock Facilities. Anyone who wants a better life would benefit from the principles this program has to offer. Now a program for the co-dependent person on the other side of the offender would be welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriah Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY 'shock camps' a different kind of prison (Sep '12) Jun '14 bigdawg647 6
transportation to moriah (Oct '13) Dec '13 Egypt 2
Ogdensburg Rastafarian says no-pot court order ... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Fish 33
info on an inmate in moriah shock (Jun '12) Jun '12 Melissa bentley 1
Ogdensburg Breathes Sigh Of Relief (Jun '10) Jun '10 Captain Ahab 2
Budget deal spares prison (Jun '10) Jun '10 Left The Burg Yea... 1
More from around the web