Venessa

Sydney, Australia

#1 Sep 25, 2011
A couple of months ago I began writing to one of MSP's lifer's who was looking to correspond 'with someone interesting'. I like to think I'm an interesting person (I'm a creative writing teacher, a writer and a musician), but apparently not interesting enough! I put a lot of effort into those letters as well as sent some gifts in the form of books and posters, none of which were acknowledged.

Later, after several months had gone by and I'd received no reply, upon reflection it occurred to me that what this inmate was possibly looking for was a 'romantic liaison', in which case this should have been mentioned in his pen pal spiel. I'm a 48 yr old married woman who was offering genuine friendship and this has clearly been rejected. Does this prisoner really imagine that a well-adjusted and 'interesting' woman would seek out a 'romantic' correspondence with a man languishing in prison for life? Only a troubled person would do that. Call me naive, but I would have thought that 17 years on Death Row might have humbled William Holly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi State Penitentiary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MDOC: 3 Parchman guards charged (Jul '09) Sep '14 sistersarah01 14
Services set today for former state executioner (Mar '10) Jan '14 Jon burton 3
Three Miss. prisons have new superintendents (Dec '13) Dec '13 margaret christman 1
Parchman's escaped murderer Michael Dowda captu... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Thank you 1
Miss. executes man for slaying of wife of ex-boss (Mar '12) Mar '12 dj_zan_x 1
Elvis Presley (Jan '12) Jan '12 gracelandgroupie 7
Elvis Presley (Oct '11) Oct '11 nina 1
More from around the web