Prisoner work halts

Sep 15, 2009 Full story: Marion (McDowell) News

For almost 15 years, it has helped local governments, schools and agencies fix up their buildings and grounds, get needed projects done and improve the local community while also saving the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Full Story
QueenBee

Bailey, NC

#1 Sep 16, 2009
First, they cut out the prisoners being able to smoke, now this. What's next----sign up sheets to use the bathroom? Now the city will have to hire contractors to do the work that needs to be done, and then they will start harping about how much that is costing them in money. They will probably start taking money out of other funds just to cover it.

“Distrust Elected Officials ”

Since: Apr 08

Rutherfordton

#2 Sep 16, 2009
Saving pennies often equates in the end to loosing dollars whether its federal state or local government or at your home for that matter. Try to get a view of the big picture candidates and incumbents.
Monies worth

United States

#3 Sep 17, 2009
Why does the state or for that matter federal government use the people who are drawing welfare or unemployment checks to perform some of the jobs? A lot of these folks and some on disability also just lay around and drink, stay high and wait on the next check. PUT THEM TO WORK! Let these people earn the money they receive.
downtown outbound

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2009
Monies worth wrote:
Why does the state or for that matter federal government use the people who are drawing welfare or unemployment checks to perform some of the jobs? A lot of these folks and some on disability also just lay around and drink, stay high and wait on the next check. PUT THEM TO WORK! Let these people earn the money they receive.
Count me in on this idea. If you get a check and are physically capiable of work (and if your not two doctors have to say so to be excluded) put in the hours for the state since the state is paying you to do nothing but procreate, deficate, eat, sleep and watch expanded cable.
QueenBee

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2009
Monies worth wrote:
I totally agree! I am on Disability ( for physical conditions) that make it impossible for me to work. But there are people who get disability just because they have a "Substance Abuse" problem. It took me 4 years to get mine, but if I had been drunk or high when applying, it would have been 6 months. These people that get welfare, just because they keep having children, and those people that I mentioned above are still capable of working, PUT THEM TO WORK!!!!!! Then maybe they wouldn't need welfare or disability anymore, then then ones that truly need it can get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minimum Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NH Doc - Minimum Security Inmate Walks Away Fro... (Dec '13) Dec '13 reality is a crutch 1
Corrections Department Worried About Changes (May '09) Jun '13 anonymous 3
Escaped Florence County inmate captured (Oct '12) Oct '12 ghost 1
Inmate Missing From Minimum-Security SD Prison ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Lord of The Internet 1
Police: Woman beats up friend then tries to fig... (Jan '11) Jan '11 maddog2008 1
N.C. state budget restores inmate work program;... (Jul '10) Jul '10 colormeblue 5
Inmate Escapes Minimum Security Center in Aiken... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Wild Bill 4
•••

Minimum Security People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••