Obama, Cheney Deliver Dueling Speeches on National Security

There are 20 comments on the May 21, 2009, www.washingtonpost.com story titled Obama, Cheney Deliver Dueling Speeches on National Security. In it, www.washingtonpost.com reports that:

President Barack Obama staunchly defended his decision to close the Guantanamo prison facility Thursday, calling it 'a mess,' and saying he won't do anything to endanger the American people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 53
Next Last
TASKMASTER

Sebring, FL

#1 May 21, 2009
Simply put.....I trust Chenney!...those who don't ,won't!...if you think Obama is a Warrior?..ROTS ARE RUCK!!

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so
much that isn't so.'- Ronald Reagan

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Chylloh

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 May 21, 2009
Obama is a man on a mission.....to destroy America.

I am with Cheney 100%.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“FREEDOM”

Since: Dec 08

Bethel NY

#3 May 21, 2009
I for one Trust Cheney!..Those who don't, wont.
Cheney is an Old Warrior!....Obama still is confused....His own Party thinks so on this subject.His Democrats are now the party of NO!,to Obama's hallucination about Gitmo!!NO!! they say!!Harry Reid..NO!!!..LOL!!!

If you think Obama is a warrior?..."ROTS ARE RUCK!"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Obama said the USA is "one ”

Since: Mar 08

nation under Allah"? PROVE IT!

#4 May 21, 2009
Bush/Cheney throughly f()cked up this nation and now Cheney is spending his golden years trying to rewrite those awful 8 years.You can bet he is trying to create some buzz about himself so he'll get a bigger book deal and more money for speaking engagements,for him to pretend this is about helping the United States is a big joke.

And to hear him speak on national security is doubly offensive seeing how he received 5 deferments to avoid military service and not forgetting he was second in command when the worst terrorist attack ever occurred on our soil.

Bush/Cheney were asleep at the wheel when Al Queda struck and then they veered this nation off into a useless needless war with Iraq to divert our attention from the real terrorists and now they spend their time yammering about how safe they made the country.

For Cheney to tell us he knows all about national security is like Charlie Brown telling us he knows all about kicking a football.

Go home,Charlie Brown!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“FREEDOM”

Since: Dec 08

Bethel NY

#5 May 21, 2009
TASKMASTER wrote:
Simply put.....I trust Chenney!...those who don't ,won't!...if you think Obama is a Warrior?..ROTS ARE RUCK!!
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so
much that isn't so.'- Ronald Reagan
Sorry pressed the wrong button...I wrote this..Lightning storms ...power loss..and a new virus called AD AWARE PROTECT 2009.......its a real Grintch!!...PROTECT THY ASS!!!..they say Bush did it..might as well..but we know it is Gore..hell he invented this!!LOL!!

“Enough Drama”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 May 21, 2009
mr mojo risin wrote:
Bush/Cheney throughly f()cked up this nation and now Cheney is spending his golden years trying to rewrite those awful 8 years.You can bet he is trying to create some buzz about himself so he'll get a bigger book deal and more money for speaking engagements,for him to pretend this is about helping the United States is a big joke.
And to hear him speak on national security is doubly offensive seeing how he received 5 deferments to avoid military service and not forgetting he was second in command when the worst terrorist attack ever occurred on our soil.
Bush/Cheney were asleep at the wheel when Al Queda struck and then they veered this nation off into a useless needless war with Iraq to divert our attention from the real terrorists and now they spend their time yammering about how safe they made the country.
For Cheney to tell us he knows all about national security is like Charlie Brown telling us he knows all about kicking a football.
Go home,Charlie Brown!
Ain't it funny how after the fact Mr. Cheyney is so full of information now on whats right for this country?
Will somebody shut his lieing, mouth up cause he is just full of BS.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Allentown, PA

#7 May 21, 2009
mr mojo risin wrote:
Bush/Cheney throughly f()cked up this nation and now Cheney is spending his golden years trying to rewrite those awful 8 years.
I can't wait for Barack's next ground breaking speech!
It's exciting, I get to hear pontificate every week and then watch him spend tax money to help his favored groups.
Hope & Change was never so much fun!

Allentown, PA

#8 May 21, 2009
mr mojo risin wrote:
!
Darn, I'm so excited about Barack, I made a mistake.
It's exciting, I get to hear *HIM* pontificate every week and then watch him spend tax money to help his favored groups.

Since: Mar 09

Overland Park, KS

#9 May 21, 2009
Ask Cheney what Americans are supposed to do when his useless color coded alarm system goes from yellow to orange.

I'm sure he and those that created the worthless system doesn't have a clue.

But it made the sheep feel safer, even if they had no clue either.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Overland Park, KS

#10 May 21, 2009
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn, I'm so excited about Barack, I made a mistake.
It's exciting, I get to hear *HIM* pontificate every week and then watch him spend tax money to help his favored groups.
You probably enjoyed it more when Bush was spending money on Iraqis only.

Since: Nov 08

Roanoke, VA

#11 May 21, 2009
Anyone who would trust Cheney or Bush is an idiot or very masochistic. Thankfully you are in the minority. Did ya notice the Grand Obstruction Party LOST! Cheney is a disaster and one we already had thank you. Why President Obama even acknowledges Cheney is a real question. At least Bush has had the dignity to conduct himself as a former President and remain silent. Cheney would and did sell out his own daughter. Stick with him and find yourself out on a weak limb with Lush Rimbaugh. get the point????

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 May 21, 2009
FRONTERSMAN wrote:
Cheney is an Old Warrior!....Obama still is confused....His own Party thinks so on this subject.His Democrats are now the party of NO!,to Obama's hallucination about Gitmo!!NO!! they say!!Harry Reid..NO!!!..LOL!!!
Old Warrior? Old draft dodger and general loser

Since: Apr 07

st louis

#13 May 21, 2009
Cheney is senile! He is totally into himself and the money he can make off the war in Iraq. The sooner we are out of there the better. Close GitMo down and use that empty prison up in Montana that hasn't been opened to hold these folks until they are released back into their countries; time to bring jobs back into the US.
Chaos

Oxford, CT

#14 May 21, 2009
Chylloh wrote:
Obama is a man on a mission.....to destroy America.
I am with Cheney 100%.
YOu sound like an idiot with the 'man on a mission' BS.
Chaos

Oxford, CT

#15 May 21, 2009
FRONTERSMAN wrote:
You trust Cheney? He told you his administration wasn't going to be nation building and spend recklessly and then he turned around spending trillions on nation building.

Apparently you don't know what the word trust even means.
McLovin

Portland, OR

#17 May 21, 2009
Obama is amazing he has done something I didn't think was possible.....He has made me actually like Cheney!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Allentown, PA

#18 May 21, 2009
Hannibal Barca wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably enjoyed it more when Bush was spending money on Iraqis only.
Obama intends to out spend Bush by multiples on multiples of groups.
George W. Bush is looking like an uber fiscal conservative right about now.

Overland Park, KS

#19 May 21, 2009
FRONTERSMAN wrote:
Cheney is an Old Warrior!....
Yeah trust the man who convinced you that U.S. would be "welcomed as liberators" right after we find those WMDs, and "we know where they are".

Trust the "warrior" who passed up on being a warrior on 6 separate occasions because he had something better to do than fight for his country.

You are sheep if you do.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Richardson, TX

#20 May 21, 2009
OutVoice wrote:
Anyone who would trust Cheney or Bush is an idiot or very masochistic.
Maybe so.

On many issue Bush was wrong and some of his policies did hurt the country.

But Obama is worse in every respect.

It's out of the frying pan and into the fire for America.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Overland Park, KS

#21 May 21, 2009
IMPEACH OBAMA wrote:
Obama is a liar! He knows if the terrorist are in our prison system they will mix with other prisoners . This is what happened in N.Y. the obama loves his terroist.
Yet we already have several convicted terrorists are currently in U.S.'super-max' facilities, including shoe bomber Richard Reid. Stop being such a fearful sheep. You had no issue convicted terrorists with this when Bush was in office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 53
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Prisons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NYT: Top Law Firms Unwilling to Fight Gay Marri... Apr 15 RalphB 12
News The U.S. and Cuba: How times have changed Apr 10 Alexander Skarsgard 4
News Uruguayan president: US must help ex-Guantanamo... Apr 8 Le Duped 4
News The APA and Guantanamo: Actions, Not Words Apr 7 HumanSpirit 1
News Jeb Bush: 'I Don't Read The New York Times' Mar 27 WelbyMD 2
News Obama: Bergdahl 'was never forgotten' (May '14) Mar 27 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 103
News Bergdahl desertion charges revive questions ove... Mar 26 Le Duped 2
More from around the web