Immigration Laws Rile Employers

Immigration Laws Rile Employers

There are 22 comments on the The Day story from Jul 6, 2008, titled Immigration Laws Rile Employers. In it, The Day reports that:

Employees assemble parts at an electronics plant in Southern California in May. The chief executive worries that an immigration raid could cripple the company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Day.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
retired1

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jul 7, 2008
A raid couldn't harm a company that isn't hiring "illegals" that take jobs from citizens and legal workers. So, if that isn't the case then I hope this company is crippled and the chief executive does jail time for breaking the federal law!

“Soy un criminal!”

Since: Jul 08

Avenal, CA

#2 Jul 7, 2008
Like one Colorado lawmaker said; "If your business is dependant on illegal alien workers, then perhaps you shouldn't be in business."
a good American

Noblesville, IN

#3 Jul 7, 2008
Companies who use mojados should be closed.
Dr J Albert

Mesa, AZ

#5 Jul 8, 2008
Mr. Corsaut,
You, Sir, are a bigot and racist. Any person who would refer to another's culture as "piece of shit" is clearly at a level much below that of the people who you name as being so productive and inventive. It is wonderful that you see the productive and inventive people of our country as your heroes but you are so far from their status that it's a wonder that you are literate enough to have read the article. Clearly you are not articulate enough to be posting a response. The people that you note are also the people who dissolved slavery, promoted equality amongst all people, and foresaw a future in which everyone who lived upon the soil of this beautiful land could live in peace and prosperity without racism and bigotry.
proudredneck

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jul 8, 2008
The Border Jumping Mexicans are bankrupting the U.S.A....HERES PROOF:

1.$11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each
year by state governments. Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2.$2.2 billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such
as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. Verify at:
http://www.ci s..org/articles/2004/fiscalexe c.html

3.$2.5 billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://www.ci s..org/articles/2004/fiscalexe c.html

4.$12 billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school
education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of
English! Verify at:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/0 ...

5.$17 billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies. Verify at
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/0 ...

6.$3 Million dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/0 ...

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. Verify
at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/0 ...

8.$90 billion dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare &
social services by the American taxpayers. Verify at:
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt ...

9.$200 billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by
illegal aliens. Verify at:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/0 ...

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two
and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their
children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US .
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/1 ...

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens
that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from
Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and
marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border. Verify at:
Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute,'estimated that the total cost of mass
deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of
between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.' Verify at:
http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/de ...

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to
their countries of origin. Verify at:
http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14.'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes
is Committed By Illegal Immigrants In The United States' Verify at:
http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!

“Soy un criminal!”

Since: Jul 08

Avenal, CA

#9 Jul 9, 2008
Dr J Albert wrote:
Mr. Corsaut,
You, Sir, are a bigot and racist. Any person who would refer to another's culture as "piece of shit" is clearly at a level much below that of the people who you name as being so productive and inventive. It is wonderful that you see the productive and inventive people of our country as your heroes but you are so far from their status that it's a wonder that you are literate enough to have read the article. Clearly you are not articulate enough to be posting a response. The people that you note are also the people who dissolved slavery, promoted equality amongst all people, and foresaw a future in which everyone who lived upon the soil of this beautiful land could live in peace and prosperity without racism and bigotry.
Rural Mexican culture is exactly that. You're a liar if you state otherwise.
NE Red

Lincoln, NE

#10 Jul 10, 2008
SAM wrote:
<quoted text>
rreminder
it IS NOW!
I've e-mailed, faxed and called them "just for good measure." Calls aren't always relayed. Faxes are out of toner. Computer must have been down are three excuses I'll never accept.
SAM

Washington, DC

#12 Jul 24, 2008
Senator MENENDEZ (New Jersey)

is Blocking E- VERIFY-(hence his name)

he demands more visas for foreigners before he relents!!!
please flood Senate offfices with your free faxes from www.numbersusa.com

Tell them he is supposed to be a representative of the AMERICAN people,
make your Senators stand up!
We need E-VERIFY, even the President says so!

Help!
SAM

Washington, DC

#13 Jul 30, 2008
FAXES WORKED !!

5 MORE YEARS OF E-VERIFY

You see your tangible efforts beat back the efforts of our enemies in general and El Senor Menendez in particular.

Go to www.numbersusa.com and kick some more traitor azz!
SAM

Arlington, VA

#14 Aug 11, 2008
what

Somerset, KY

#15 Aug 12, 2008
Cerdos Mexicanos Gordos wrote:
Like one Colorado lawmaker said; "If your business is dependant on illegal alien workers, then perhaps you shouldn't be in business."
Don't worry, they'll get with the program soon enough like the rest of them like Ford Motors, Levi's Strauss, Fruit Of The Loom and others have and head East or further South.

This company assembles electronics. I'd fu*king HATE to see what they are expected to pay per hour setting up shop In Southern Cali. THAT was mistake number one.
what

Somerset, KY

#16 Aug 12, 2008
Dr J Albert wrote:
Mr. Corsaut,
You, Sir, are a bigot and racist. Any person who would refer to another's culture as "piece of shit" is clearly at a level much below that of the people who you name as being so productive and inventive. It is wonderful that you see the productive and inventive people of our country as your heroes but you are so far from their status that it's a wonder that you are literate enough to have read the article. Clearly you are not articulate enough to be posting a response. The people that you note are also the people who dissolved slavery, promoted equality amongst all people, and foresaw a future in which everyone who lived upon the soil of this beautiful land could live in peace and prosperity without racism and bigotry.
And let us not forget, the biggest strides made in this country have come from people who came here NOT born here.

Like Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla just to name a couple.

“Praise the Lord& Pass the ammo”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#17 Aug 12, 2008
what wrote:
<quoted text>Like Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla just to name a couple.
You CANNOT compare Einstein and Tesla to the UNEDUCATED, filthy COCKROACHES who sneak across our borders.
plopsdad

United States

#18 Aug 12, 2008
Paul the American wrote:
<quoted text>
You CANNOT compare Einstein and Tesla to the UNEDUCATED, filthy COCKROACHES who sneak across our borders.
Studies and by the Mexican GOV's own research, most of those coming over the border do not even have a high school dipolma.

“Praise the Lord& Pass the ammo”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#19 Aug 12, 2008
plopsdad wrote:
<quoted text>Studies and by the Mexican GOV's own research, most of those coming over the border do not even have a high school dipolma.
Other studies have shown that people without a high school diploma are very low wage earners and draw more in welfare and social servies than they pay in through taxes.

If amnesty some how does get passed and the Democrats are in power expanding the nanny state, America is in BIG trouble.
plopsdad

United States

#20 Aug 12, 2008
Paul the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Other studies have shown that people without a high school diploma are very low wage earners and draw more in welfare and social servies than they pay in through taxes.
If amnesty some how does get passed and the Democrats are in power expanding the nanny state, America is in BIG trouble.
As i state on another board i think, doesnt matter who the president is. Its the congress that makes or breaks it.Know your reps, vote accordingly in Nov and remember, when they start the amensty push again, we push back just like before. Even all dems are not stupid enough to go against a majority of American citizens people calling, faxing in to say NO to Amensty. To do otherwise is political suicide.

“Praise the Lord& Pass the ammo”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#21 Aug 12, 2008
plopsdad wrote:
<quoted text>As i state on another board i think, doesnt matter who the president is. Its the congress that makes or breaks it.Know your reps, vote accordingly in Nov and remember, when they start the amensty push again, we push back just like before. Even all dems are not stupid enough to go against a majority of American citizens people calling, faxing in to say NO to Amensty. To do otherwise is political suicide.
Believe me... I know my reps. "Benedict" Arlen Specter and Casey... both in favor of amnesty.

They're both lost causes and make me sick.

But I'll make more calls and send more emails and faxes than the last time...
what

Somerset, KY

#22 Aug 13, 2008
Paul the American wrote:
<quoted text>
You CANNOT compare Einstein and Tesla to the UNEDUCATED, filthy COCKROACHES who sneak across our borders.
Might I remind you a few of those "uneducated cockroaches" kicked the sh*t out of several schools in a robotics contest and did it for several grand cheaper I might add.

Just because they're poor doesn't mean they're stupid.
Realty

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Jun 15, 2009
you racist porks make me want to vomit ilegals come here to work hard for the jobs that nobody wants so i dont know what you dumb ass racist people are talking about but there is a god who doesnt distnguish race and in his eyes everybody is equal which is something that you racist people would never see because your blind and dont believe in god but their will be justice!!!!!!!
Ben Dover

AOL

#24 Jun 15, 2009
Realty wrote:
you racist porks make me want to vomit ilegals come here to work hard for the jobs that nobody wants so i dont know what you dumb ass racist people are talking about but there is a god who doesnt distnguish race and in his eyes everybody is equal which is something that you racist people would never see because your blind and dont believe in god but their will be justice!!!!!!!
Don't like it pack up your $%!T and swim back across the Rio. We will find some one for your job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metropolitan Detention Center, Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama acts to spare many youths from deportation (Jun '12) Jun '12 Harry Hedgepot 1
News Obama acts to spare many youths from deportation (Jun '12) Jun '12 Chain Migration 4
News Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriff arrested (Feb '12) Feb '12 southern frontier 3
News Child porn probe leads to arrest of Nipomo man (Aug '08) Sep '08 Bring him to my h... 2
News Employers Fight Tough Measures on Immigration (Jul '08) Aug '08 SAM 46
News Pre-quake changes seen in rocks (Jul '08) Jul '08 Bairn of Ecgtheow 1
News Dukakis calls for end to Electoral College (Jul '08) Jul '08 Agree 1
More from around the web