State officials unclear on fix for ju...

State officials unclear on fix for juvenile center

There are 1 comment on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Jan 7, 2013, titled State officials unclear on fix for juvenile center. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

While officials have improved conditions at West Virginia's only high-security correctional center for juveniles, they lack an immediate plan for complying with last month's court order condemning the facility, lawmakers learned Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

what

Wheeling, WV

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Dale Humphreys s totally clueless when it comes to what juvenille criminals need and it sounds like the judge is too. Since the judge made this ruling there have been more incidents, attacks and injurys then there has been in years. Most of the "children up there are 16 and over and alot of them have committed serious crimes such has murder, rape and child molestors. All the workers should get together and file a suit against the state for the working conditions or better yet let Humphreys and the judge work up there for a week, they wouldn't make it, its easy to sit in judgement went they haven't experienced any of the crap that goes on up there. I'm sure there are some inmates that are up there that don't need such a strict enviroment but the majority do although I don't think not having a bathroom in there cell is abuse or that the guards uniforms are intimidating. humphreys and the judge are sending a message to all offenders that its ok to go out and rape your 4 year old neice or murder your 75 year old neighbor because you will just be sent to a place that will give you milk and cookies. Also there are alot of 18 to 21 year olds up there so are they kids too?!? WV politicians have no clue about the conditions because they cn;t get out from behind there desk to find out. Wake up voters lets get the bleeding hearts out of office before the inmates are running the state

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maximum Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bruce Delanie Mendenhall, 66, of Albion, Illinois Feb 9 Maggie 1
News DEVELOPING: E. Tenn. maximum security prison on... (Mar '10) Jan 27 How do u kno 261
News Riverbend prison warden steps down to take medi... (Mar '11) Jan 21 steve 2
News Dona t allow prisoners to order pizza, wings (May '09) Nov '17 Duke for Mayor 5
News Three murderers try to escape from Mount Olive (Jul '12) Sep '17 justme 31
News Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Sep '17 Maybe 71
News Guard union plans picket over drug a epidemica ... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Been there 1
More from around the web