Low river level spurs push for boat l...

Low river level spurs push for boat launch

There are 331 comments on the The Advocate story from Jul 20, 2012, titled Low river level spurs push for boat launch. In it, The Advocate reports that:

The jury recently acquired the ferry landing road, formerly part of La. 10, after the John James Audubon Bridge opened in May 2011 and negated the need for a ferry between St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Advocate.

Old Gator

Denham Springs, LA

#21 Jul 24, 2012
Where was I wrong the first time Mr Again?

I’m going to have to agree to disagree here…you say they sold or donated a ROW (Right of way?…I’m not seeing it in the conveyance records….I could be overlooking them or you could be mistaking.

What I do see is where Mr. Lambert started acquiring property in the Bayou Sara area in the mid to late 1950’s and into the 60’s and I see where the State leased the land from him for the ferry site.

If you know of person that gave the state a right of way give me their name, and I’ll check to see if they did. I pay a lot to be able to access the clerk’s office via the internet, might as well put it to use.
Surprised NO

United States

#22 Jul 24, 2012
The Lamberts did not buy the property. They have what is called squatter's rights. They cannot provide a title proving their ownership. The PJ should take them to court to decide legal and rightful ownership, but that will never happen. You see, Ricky Lambert is president of the Police Jury.

New Police Jury, same old "good old buddy" sytem of ensuring that them that gots is them that gets.

If this senario does not convince you that we need to get a new and more open, efficient and HONEST system of parish government, then nothing will.
Old Gator

Lafayette, LA

#23 Jul 24, 2012
In Louisiana it is calle Aquisitive Prescription, not squator's rights, and that me be for some of it, but they did buy at least 25 lots down there according to the conveyances in the clerks office.

Be it by AQ or accretion, they would still legally own them.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#24 Jul 24, 2012
Surprised NO wrote:
The Lamberts did not buy the property. They have what is called squatter's rights. They cannot provide a title proving their ownership. The PJ should take them to court to decide legal and rightful ownership, but that will never happen. You see, Ricky Lambert is president of the Police Jury.
New Police Jury, same old "good old buddy" sytem of ensuring that them that gots is them that gets.
If this senario does not convince you that we need to get a new and more open, efficient and HONEST system of parish government, then nothing will.
Please explain how this situation would be different if we had a Home Wrong(Rule) Charter system instead of Police Jury. Remember, even though Ricky is the president, he is still just one vote. From what I've heard, he has very little influence with the other jurors.
Old Gator

Lafayette, LA

#25 Jul 24, 2012
Old Gator wrote:
In Louisiana it is calle Aquisitive Prescription, not squator's rights, and that me be for some of it, but they did buy at least 25 lots down there according to the conveyances in the clerks office.
Be it by AQ or accretion, they would still legally own them.
Once again, forgive me for the typos...I either need glasses or a bigger screen. Maybe both.
Old School

United States

#26 Jul 24, 2012
Surprised NO wrote:
The Lamberts did not buy the property. They have what is called squatter's rights. They cannot provide a title proving their ownership. The PJ should take them to court to decide legal and rightful ownership, but that will never happen. You see, Ricky Lambert is president of the Police Jury.
New Police Jury, same old "good old buddy" sytem of ensuring that them that gots is them that gets.
If this senario does not convince you that we need to get a new and more open, efficient and HONEST system of parish government, then nothing will.
My Police Jury has been working her as.. Off on this. She is not going to just roll over on this.

Your Home Rule Charter would elect a 1 all Supreme PRESIDENT which could quite easily be the current PRESIDENT RICKY LAMBERT. Mr Ricky Lambert is a very nice and like able man that is well received by the general public of this Parish. He could easily win an election as President under Home Rule Charter. He would have no one questioning any of this activity. You best think long and hard about hear what you are pushing
Old Catfish

United States

#28 Aug 8, 2012
Went down to the River today to check on the progress of our boat ramp. Not surprised to see the Lamberts up to the same old tricks their father pulled on this town. The area that the public is being blocked off from parking was built by the State DOTD for us to use. When will the Mayor put a stop to the reign of the Lamberts? There is no way they can claim that land. Okay Sheriff Daniel... Do Something to help us out here! I thought the new Police Jury wasn't going to be politics as usual...
Consider This

United States

#29 Aug 8, 2012
1. The mayor of SF has no say-so in this matter. The property in question is not within the town limits of SF.

2. The sheriff cannot take any action in this dispute unless a complaint is filed and then it would probably be only after a judicial finding has been made.

3. The president of the "new" police jury is Ricky Lambert. HELLO!!!

4. And all this time you thought that Tip Pace was the most self-serving person in this parish.

5. Expect what you get from the Lamberts. Their "track record" speaks for itself.

6. Amen.
Enough Already

Lafayette, LA

#30 Aug 8, 2012
They think they have a valid claim to the land, why shouldn't they protect their interest?
No documented proof has been presented that shows the public owns that land, in fact the state themselves leased that land from the Lamberts when they built that area. That lease is gone and it is now on the Police Jury to sign a new lease.
If they truly believe it is public property then they should go through the judicial process and prove it. Hell, they could sign a lease now, file the appropriate claim, and if it is found to be public land they can cancel the lease then.
Basically by delaying this process the jury is harming the parish. There is now no parking for the public or for the tour buses that run down there when the boats come in.
Old Catfish

United States

#31 Aug 8, 2012
Hopefully the jurors will stand up and do what is right. Is the DA Daquilla the legal representative to guide them in the right direction? Where is the lease that you are talking about? How did the Old man Lambert buy the property from the State?
Enough Already

Haslet, TX

#32 Aug 8, 2012
Mike Hughes is the Parish atorney. So he would be the one to advise them as long as there is no conflicts.

Lambert didn't buy from the state. That land was all apart of Bayou Sara, Lambert purchased lots in that area from the mid 60's into the 70's.

The state leased that property from him to build the area for the ferry landing. That lease is on file in the clerks office.
Who Dat

United States

#33 Aug 9, 2012
The Lamberts don't own the land at the Riverfront. The State pumped in that land to make a place for the employees to park and a place for the equipment. The Sheriff won't make them move the barricades. A government official will have to make him, but none of our officials have the balls enough to stand up to the Lamberts and do what is right for the public..
No way

Lafayette, LA

#34 Aug 9, 2012
Who Dat wrote:
The Lamberts don't own the land at the Riverfront. The State pumped in that land to make a place for the employees to park and a place for the equipment. The Sheriff won't make them move the barricades. A government official will have to make him, but none of our officials have the balls enough to stand up to the Lamberts and do what is right for the public..
I'm calling bullsh*t. No way the state "pumped" in that land.

I've talked to a lot of officials that have been here for a long time, they all say the same thing, the Lamberts have owned that land for as far back as they can remember.

The Sheriff can't make him move the barricades because he can't act with out someone that has just title to the property filing a claim.

Mrs. Williams has no proof that land dose not belong to the Lamberts , it's time for her to stop challenging everything and move to execute the lease.
Splain

United States

#35 Aug 9, 2012
No way wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling bullsh*t. No way the state "pumped" in that land.
I've talked to a lot of officials that have been here for a long time, they all say the same thing, the Lamberts have owned that land for as far back as they can remember.
The Sheriff can't make him move the barricades because he can't act with out someone that has just title to the property filing a claim.
Mrs. Williams has no proof that land dose not belong to the Lamberts , it's time for her to stop challenging everything and move to execute the lease.
What does Mes. Williams have to do with this??
You Will See

Denham Springs, LA

#36 Aug 9, 2012
No way wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling bullsh*t. No way the state "pumped" in that land.
I've talked to a lot of officials that have been here for a long time, they all say the same thing, the Lamberts have owned that land for as far back as they can remember.
The Sheriff can't make him move the barricades because he can't act with out someone that has just title to the property filing a claim.
Mrs. Williams has no proof that land dose not belong to the Lamberts , it's time for her to stop challenging everything and move to execute the lease.
Ms. Williams does have proof. You will see...
There She Goes Again

United States

#37 Aug 9, 2012
No way wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling bullsh*t. No way the state "pumped" in that land.
I've talked to a lot of officials that have been here for a long time, they all say the same thing, the Lamberts have owned that land for as far back as they can remember.
The Sheriff can't make him move the barricades because he can't act with out someone that has just title to the property filing a claim.
Mrs. Williams has no proof that land dose not belong to the Lamberts , it's time for her to stop challenging everything and move to execute the lease.
I guess she is ruffling the old political machine again. When will she ever learn? The good ole boys are going to continue to push around their weight and try to take away what rightly belongs to the political elite.
How interesting that you want the police jury to just give away our hard earned money by continuing to lease our own property from the Lamberts!
How dare she even ask THR question?? Is there anyone even trying to help her stand up for our rights??
No way

Lafayette, LA

#38 Aug 9, 2012
Splain wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Mes. Williams have to do with this??
She is the one that does not want to sign the lease because of her belief that the Lamberts don't own it.
No way

Lafayette, LA

#39 Aug 9, 2012
You Will See wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Williams does have proof. You will see...
Doubt that, if she had any she wouldn't be asking people for help to find what's not there.
About that

Lafayette, LA

#40 Aug 9, 2012
There She Goes Again wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess she is ruffling the old political machine again. When will she ever learn? The good ole boys are going to continue to push around their weight and try to take away what rightly belongs to the political elite.
How interesting that you want the police jury to just give away our hard earned money by continuing to lease our own property from the Lamberts!
How dare she even ask THR question?? Is there anyone even trying to help her stand up for our rights??
It is not public land, never has been. even if the state "pumped" it in, the accreted land from said pumping would belong to the adjacent owners and that would be the Lamberts.

Mrs. Williams kills deals and causes more harm than good whenever she goes off on things like this.
Guess Again

United States

#41 Aug 9, 2012
About that wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not public land, never has been. even if the state "pumped" it in, the accreted land from said pumping would belong to the adjacent owners and that would be the Lamberts.
Mrs. Williams kills deals and causes more harm than good whenever she goes off on things like this.
You better read up on the law.. You're wrong. Nice you know the word accretion, though.
Williams may "kill deals" of those who are not treating the taxpayers' fairly. I guess you think the parish should pay the Lamberts another $100,000 to use our own public property. No wonder Lambert wanted to be president. He needs to remove those barricades and give the public back our land.. He is wasting the parish time and money. It's not his property.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana State Penitentiary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Angola Warden Burl Cain, 2 officials remain ... Feb '17 andstaystrong7948 1
News How to break the 'generational curse' that keep... (Jan '17) Jan '17 imanidiot 3
News Lavergne complains of treatment in prison (Feb '13) Sep '16 I hate stupid people 13
Female recently fired from angola (Oct '13) Dec '15 Anonymous madam 2
News 10 for Today: Tuesday, June 9 (Jun '15) Jun '15 Xstain Fatwas Cen... 2
News a a If God can come down in human form, I can c... (Feb '15) Feb '15 True Christian wi... 5
Blogs written by inmates from the Angola prison... (Sep '09) Mar '14 country girl 25
More from around the web